Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 2,757

JohnnyShoulder

@Just2Milky @Voltan @render Maybe it is a No Clip doc. I hope so as, those are brilliant.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

CJD87

Anything new regarding Returnal is always welcome… but how amazing would DLC be!!

CJD87

render

@JohnnyShoulder @CJD87 That would be quite interesting for sure. It’s always interesting to see how these things come together. DLC would be the best though 🤞

render

Mega-Gazz

Finally started last night. I can see why people say GOTY.

Mega-Gazz

render

@Mega-Gazz Welcome to Club Returnal. Glad you’re already enjoying the game. Let us know if you want/need any help 👍

render

Gladio

I was so, so bad at this game that I gave up on it and sold it back. And now, I kind of miss it, and it's costing even less than I sold it back, but I would still be too bad at it, I guess... never managed to beat the first boss...
Maybe I should try nonetheless?

Edited on by Gladio

Gladio

Gladio

@Mega-Gazz well, it's nice of you to think I could beat this game, but, well... you may be overestimating my skills.
I gave up on two games because they made me feel like such a faillure: Demon's Souls and Returnal.
Now I kind of miss them, but I'm scared to go back to them.

Gladio

Just2Milky

@Gladio Before playing Returnal, I thought that there was no way I could play hard games, but 4 months later, I’ve beaten it! My point is, if you set your mind to it, you can beat it. Hope this helps! 😁

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

render

@Gladio Like @Just2Milky says you can definitely do this. I came from that starting point as well having really liked the sounds of the game but honestly believing that I’d never beat it. It’s possible if you put your mind to it.

render

MatthewJP

Getting closer.... 6 sun fragments and final house scene done

PSN: mpquikster

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP Great work! You are so close! 🤏

Edited on by Just2Milky

———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

MatthewJP

@Just2Milky biome 6 seems even harder now than the first time (and what will now be the third time). I can't recall the name, but the enemy that causes malfunctions.... Urghhh

Th3solution

@MatthewJP All you need to do is get to the boss and beat it. I’m not ashamed to admit I ran past some of those tough enemies. Biome 6 actually is set up such that sometimes you can run past some of the “rooms”.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP the titan-thingy! I hate them.

———

CJD87

@MatthewJP - Heed the advice of @Th3solution ..... Just run run run ha!

I struggled very much in a similar vein to you here, but luckily managed to get a solid Hollowseeker (w/Portal Beam #2) near the start of B6. I then blitzed a few rooms but ran through most where I envisaged that my health would take a hammering.

Last boss in B6 is not too bad, and in fairness the Portal Beam does most of the graft!

Great work btw, will you go for plat?

CJD87

MatthewJP

Time to get my running boots on then I think!

@CJD87 I probably will end up going for the plat, but by doing the odd run each week rather than playing it religiously. I've invested so much time into the game I feel it would be a fitting tribute and achievement to get it.

CJD87

@MatthewJP Best way mate, and in fairness I actually quite welcomed the platinum prospect... it gave me a good reason to keep playing a game that I wasn't quite ready to put down yet!

The RNG can be pretty savage, but you'll probably find you've already located a lot of the ciphers 'organically' through natural play - so the platinum is just a clean-up for whatever remains

Good luck!

CJD87

hypnotoad

It's just gone half past 9 and this game's still kicking the ***** outta me.

I don't care though.
Wadda great game !!!

hypnotoad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic