Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 2,757

render

@Th3solution Forgot to say, tried The Persistence out tonight. It’s slow paced but has that tension that can only be created in the claustrophobic confines of a spaceship. You can definitely see it was envisaged as a VR game but still works great in the non-VR world. I didn’t get too far so haven’t come up against anything too difficult yet. Will try and play some more tomorrow.

render

Th3solution

@render Thanks for the update. I’m curious to hear more as you experience it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

CJD87

@render Completed mate, finally! I honestly thought I'd feel a greater sense of achievement.... but earning the Plat didn't feel nearly as satisfying as beating Act2 / Biome 6 for the first time!

However, pleased I stuck with it - the RNG gods seemed to favour me big time this morning. Would usually post my evidence, but not sure how to attach JPEGs here. Rarity is <3% according to the trophy detail

Thanks for continued support man! How's DeS?

CJD87

CJD87

@Voltan Awesome, and I honestly think patch 2.0 could make a huge impact in any awards/accolades this season....

CJD87

Voltan

@CJD87 To post pictures you'd have to upload them somewhere and use the [IMG] tag. I usually use https://imgbb.com/ - it can automatically generate the correct tags for you - select "BBCode" from the embed codes menu and then just copy and paste.

Voltan

Just2Milky

@CJD87 Nicely done! How long did it take you? It took me around 55 hours according to my ps5.

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

CJD87

@Voltan Cheers mate - evidence of Plat hopefully embedded here! Untitled

CJD87

CJD87

@Just2Milky About 60 hrs and some change, clearing Act3 took me 40ish and then 20 for the Plat cleanup

With hindsight I wish I’d focussed more on Ciphers etc during my Act1-3 play through… but obviously at the time of playing you’re far more focussed on survival vs collectibles ha!

Honestly really pleased I did it, never would have believed I was capable of the Plat… especially at the time I hit the ‘Biome 5 Wall’ and was ready to throw in the towel!

CJD87

render

@CJD87 Awesome work, well done!!

I feel like that when I get a platinum trophy, just feels like there should be something else!! With Returnal though I was pretty pleased I'd got it partly because, like you, it was a game I wasn't sure I was ever going to complete but also because it took me ages to find the ciphers

I still need to go back to DeS as I'm on 48% on the trophies for that and I would like to try and platinum it too. I've just finished Alan Wake which I'm definitely not bothering to platinum but The Persistence is quite good so will definitely be playing more of that.

render

hypnotoad

I'm ***** at this but what a great game !

hypnotoad

Just2Milky

@hypnotoad it really is great! Goty for me!

———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

CJD87

@hypnotoad Keep playing mate!! Honestly it is only a matter time before you 'git gud'....! And yes 100% GOTY for me also

CJD87

hypnotoad

@CJD87 Spot on mate.
Even though I'm no good, I really am having a blast !

hypnotoad

Th3solution

@velio84 That’s good to know that your skills stayed sharp after a prolonged holiday. Perhaps one of these days I’ll go back for the platinum. I was worried I’d get rusty.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MatthewJP

Hi all apologies as I know this will be within the thread somewhere but there's that many pages now....!

Biome 5 - if I get the 3 keys but die fighting the boss, will I be able to go straight to the boss next time or will I need to get the 3 keys again before facing it?

PSN: mpquikster

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP You will need to get the keys again if you die. I found the boss pretty hard.

Edited on by Just2Milky

———

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic