Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 2,757

MatthewJP

@Just2Milky oh pants, I've got the keys but no consumables to face the boss...i was hoping for an easy ride to the boss next time

PSN: mpquikster

Voltan

@MatthewJP What @Just2Milky and @render are saying is false, probably just trying to scare you - the Vault stays open like every other Vault in the game. The boss is very unique though, not much more I can say without spoilers.

Voltan

MatthewJP

In fairness I think I got lucky getting the challenge room key anyway - I died during the 2nd wave, came back via the reconstructor and was able to fight the 2nd wave from the doorway. No 3rd wave came and I got the key. Seems like a bug to me, and the locked slatted door thing remained shut and I couldn't find a red switch to shoot anywhere, not sure if that usually automatically opens after finishing the 3 waves usually

render

@MatthewJP It does sound like a bug if you got trapped there. Did you have to restart your run?

render

MatthewJP

@render no I wasn't trapped as there's a teleport with the challenge room key, but I definitely didn't face 3 waves (nor could I access the loot behind that slatted door).
Shall have a quick look at the boss and see what the next run brings

Just2Milky

@Voltan @MatthewJP Ah sorry, if you die with 3 keys but no vault unlocked, you lose the keys, but if you open the vault the vault will stay open forever. sorry for the confusion!

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

MatthewJP

I've just resumed my cycle tonight after stopping yesterday having got the 3 keys in biome 5.
I was expecting to go straight into a boss fight when falling into the water but there wasn't one.
Having read up, it seems there are 6 biomes but only 5 bosses? Seems like an odd design decision

Voltan

@MatthewJP Hehe. Honestly, I kinda liked that myself. It's a particularly punishing biome and then you go into the vault expecting it to get even harder, and... nothing. In a way, that's another thing to catch you off guard
Anyway, enjoy the change of scenery in biome 6

Voltan

render

@MatthewJP I think we all expected the same. Basically the level is the boss as it’s quite a challenge as it is. The was the only biome I managed to do first time so I quite enjoyed it even though I managed to find the challenge room first 😆

render

MatthewJP

@Voltan I was worried the boss hadn't spawned or something! Biome 6 is surprisingly laid back and easy so far (I know the awful end boss awaits)

MatthewJP

@render 'the level is the boss'.
That makes perfect sense now

nessisonett

@MatthewJP I was stuck for a while on Biome 4 so when I finally beat it, I then expected to die on Biome 5’s boss, which obviously didn’t happen. So then I ended up beating Biome 6 first go as well! I think that without that kinda break after Biome 5 then there’s no way I would have beaten the last two biomes first try.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@MatthewJP I did get confused when you mentioned “an easy ride to the boss” for biome 5 on the previous page!

I got through biome 6 first time but it’s one where your run can get utterly ruined in a flash, particularly with the enemy that causes malfunctions. The constantly spawning enemies are great if you have the perk for getting health back with attacks!

The biome 6 boss I thought was fairly straightforward but I’ll give you the advice to keep an eye out between waves as occasionally health packs drop during that fight.

Good luck though!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Generally if you have portal beam against the Biome 6 boss then you win 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

I finally did it. I beat biome 4 after months and months. It felt like beating myself actually, because I couldn't believe I would ever finish this wretched biome.

The boss fight itself, and the lead up to it was amazing. I loved the music, the monster's design and the close quarters gameplay.

So uh... do you reckon I'll ever make it into biome 6? I'm not so sure, but I'll certainly die trying.

Kidfried

MatthewJP

@Kidfried well done. I did enjoy that boss and the lead up to it, great music.

I found biome 5 difficult but if I managed it I'm sure anyone can. I'm still yet to beat the final boss in 6....

render

@Kidfried Well done, you’ve sure got some staying power to stick with it after all that time. It’s a great biome, one of the best, but I bet you are glad to see the back of it now. Have you been playing on and off or has it been your main game?

B5 should be interesting for you as it brings about some new challenges. Hopefully you can pick up a weapon you like with some awesome level 2 or 3 traits so you can make some progress. Lobber with explosive / trailing rot is my favourite but hollow seeker with portal beam would have been the weapon is used when I first cleared B5 and 6. You’ve got every chance of completing it 👍

render

MatthewJP

I've beat Ophion! It was actually pretty easy, felt more like housemarque were showing off there in terms of how many orbs and lasers they can get on screen at one time. Certainly succeeded, a proper next gen game.

Still so much to work out and do now I'm back at the ship. Trophies are 37% which says it all.

Have I got the push square record? (not in a good way) 69 hrs, 83 deaths

Kidfried

@MatthewJP I just beat him too! I beat 4, 5 and 6 in one run actually. Seems like it was really just biome 4 holding me back...

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic