Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,757

Voltan

So apparently there was a couple reviews already briefly published and taken down quickly (accidents happen, I guess) and the scores were 9.3 and 9.4 😳

Edit: Here’s a webcache link for one of ‘em
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QWbCg2D...

(Won’t let me post as a hyperlink, I guess you’ll have to copy and paste)

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

phil_j

Voltan wrote:

So apparently there was a couple reviews already briefly published and taken down quickly (accidents happen, I guess) and the scores were 9.3 and 9.4 😳

Edit: Here’s a webcache link for one of ‘em
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QWbCg2D...

Just came here to post that link. .
Reckons 30 - 50 hrs, depending on how much you explore, and not including any post-game stuff. Which is enough for me.

phil_j

Voltan

The link is not working for me anymore (I got it from reddit but I think the post was deleted). Anyways, it was a glowing review and it did say 30-50h to roll the credits.
Expecting more of those tomorrow

Voltan

phil_j

Just got some PSN credit for my US account. $70 for £45.45. I'm okay with paying that much.

phil_j

jdv95

@Voltan 30to50 hours for 1 playtrough?

way more then expected,sold.

jdv95

Voltan

@jdv95 To get the main story to the end, I guess. It's a rougelike so that actually probably means playing through most biomes multiple times but uncovering new things each time.
But yeah, that does sound good.

Voltan

render

Not sure I can hold out much longer with all this praise so far. I might manage to make it to the reviews and then I'll very possibly make an order. 30 - 50 hours should keep my busy until R&C.

render

phil_j

So much for Pushsquare's 'easy platinum'. Really wish this site would stop with the clickbait headlines based on incomplete information. It undermines some of the good articles they write.

PowerPyx wrote:

PowerPyx says

April 26, 2021 at 8:27 pm

I’d say anywhere from 70h-150h+ depending on how good or bad you’re at the game and how much luck you have with the randomized collectibles.

It’s the type of game where the time to plat will vary significantly between players. The game is randomly generated so it comes down to luck to get all the collectibles for the golden survey trophies. And the rest is pure skill, it’s a ‘git gud’ type of game.

Let me put it like this:
– Around 70h for the fastest players who are good at this game and get somewhat lucky with collectible spawns (25% of players)
– 80-130h for the average player (50% of players)
– 150h or more if you have a lot of trouble with this game but are willing to put in the time to practice it over and over again (25% of players)

But probably only a small portion of players will even finish the 2nd act. Will be interesting to see the PSN completion % for that trophy after a few months. Definitely not a quick plat.

Edited on by phil_j

phil_j

Voltan

@phil_j I'm not entirely sure I'll be up to the task but that actually sounds good to me.
Also my copy is "ready for shipping" at the moment. C'mon, ship it already

Voltan

colonelkilgore

I'm glad the plat isn't a walkover, as a self-proclaimed platinum hunter, ultra rares are much more satisfying.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

I will probably never get that platinum, but I'm hyped all the same. Sounds like a great challenge.

Kidfried

Voltan

Aaaaaand my copy officially shipped

Voltan

Kidfried

These reviews paint a very pretty picture!

Kidfried

jdv95

since metacritic scores mean a whole lot to sony,i guess it's safe to say that sony will accuire housemarqe pretty soon.

jdv95

TraCuz-

@Kidfried Looking forward to it! Can't wait for the discussions!

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Voltan

I know a lot of people trust SkillUp's opinions so here it is:

("This game ***** rocks")

Voltan

johncalmc

I'm blatantly going to get this downloaded even though I'm halfway through about like four games.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

I've almost pulled the trigger on a few occasions, but I've got a few games I wanna finish before. If I had bought it now, I know I wouldn't be totally focused on the game. Won't be too long before I get this bad boi though!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

Well I went ahead and pre-ordered it. Just downloading now. I'm half way through Oddworld Soulstorm and I do want to finish it but I'm sure I can make time to do both, after all I'll probably want a break from dying!!

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic