Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 4,341 to 4,360 of 4,712

CaptD

@LtSarge Normally everything is hidden behind the "..." menu option. So from the Miles app on the task/game bar, select "..." and there should be a PS5 option, select that and download.

CaptD

LtSarge

@CaptD That seemed to do the trick, but at first I thought it meant I was downloading the game separately through PS+ Extra. As I'm downloading the PS5 version, it's showing up with a disc symbol next to the name. So I'm guessing that if my PS+ Premium runs out, I'll still be able to play the PS5 version as long as I have the disc in my system.

LtSarge

CaptD

@LtSarge Yes the disc icon means it is linked to your disc and that is required to play, this is to stop you selling the disc on and using the ps5 version. Annoying but makes sense.
If you select it and the disc isn't present then it will say insert disc. It isn't tied to your PS+, that would be denoted by a PLUS in your library (far right on the app bar).
You can also select Install from the Extra catalog if you wish and there would be another license on your machine but the disc one will still be available. Sony recently changed things so it won't do another download if you do this. However it probably isn't worth the effort for Miles as it is a short game.

PS. Be sure to delete the PS4 version that you installed as you don't want that taking up precious space.

Enjoy the game, it is very good.

CaptD

LtSarge

@CaptD Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate the help! It's been rather confusing but I think I get how things work now.

LtSarge

CaptD

@LtSarge No probs, happy to help and it is confusing but I was thinking the other day that a smart delivery system on PS5 wouldn't work, mainly because of PSVR1 and that you need to run the PS4 version even if a PS5 version exists.
But yeah it does trip up quite a few people which is why I think Sony starting plastering PS4/PS5 next to the game icon so people now exactly what they have selected.

CaptD

RogerRoger

@NeonPizza I got some custom blackout stickers from eBay for my DualShock4. Haven't felt the need to do the same with the DualSense, mostly because my issue was the whacking great big reflection on the screen itself. So long as it's not obscuring my view, I don't mind so much.

Not sure stickers would work for the DualSense, given where the lights are, but it might be worth a look?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RenanKJ

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard about Ubisoft lately? I haven't played anything from them in a long time. It seems they were only working on Valhalla for a while and then nothing... One less AAA studio out there?

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

JohnnyShoulder

@RenanKJ A quick Google search brings up the following.

Skull & Bones
Assassin's Creed Mirage
Tom Clancy's The Division Heartland
The Settlers: New Allies
The Crew Motorfest

So far from dead, but they have been quiet recently.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

Well it's the weekend so I have finally time to go through all of your replies!

@BAMozzy Yeah it makes sense that PS5 Pro will be at least just as expensive as a PS5. Either way, from what I've played on my PS5, I definitely feel like I got my money's worth considering I can't stop playing games on it!

@RogerRoger Appreciate the help regarding the list of PS4 games that won't work on PS5 or won't work completely well on it. I'll have to play Assassin's Creed Chronicles on my PS4, so it's a good thing that I'm still keeping it around (on top of the extra storage that is).

@Thrillho I actually used PS+ cloud to transfer my save files as I thought it was the most convenient way for me. The only annoying part was that it took over 10 minutes before my PS5 could calculate how long time the download would take and start downloading. But I just needed to do that once so it wasn't a big deal.

Haven't played many PS4 games yet on PS5 where I've experienced a huge difference. But it's definitely going to be nice to try out games and see if I can notice a difference. One game I'm looking forward to try out is MGS V. I finally have a good reason to start playing it again.

I think DualSense is my favourite PlayStation controller. Like you said, it's meatier and I like that. It feels great to hold. I haven't been impressed at all by the haptic feedback but the adaptive triggers are really cool!

@Th3solution I'm definitely looking forward to giving The Last of Us Part II a go on PS5. I'm just so glad that I waited on playing all these games that have come out the past couple of years on PS4. If I had played them on PS4, I probably wouldn't like them as much as on PS5. There's just something about playing on a new system that offers improvements to a game that makes the experience that much special. I'm playing Miles Morales now and I'm actually enjoying it way more than Spider-Man (2018). It's fundamentally the same game, but it's much more fun to play on a new system.

@KilloWertz I agree, I'm not a huge fan of the UI either. It's absolutely insane how small the game icons are! They definitely shouldn't be that small. I also don't like how you have to hold the Home button in order to get to the main menu. Because if you only press it once, you get all these random cards. Do you know if there's a way to switch those two inputs?

I actually like the stand! I have the system horizontally and it makes things so much easier to rotate it whenever I want to connect/disconnect cables on the back.

@JohnnyShoulder I read about how certain PS5 games take up less space than Series X games due to its compression technology, which I think is really cool! That will definitely make me think twice before deciding which system to buy a game for.

@CaptD Oh PS+ Extra is great, for sure. I'd definitely consider subscribing another month just to play a bunch of compelling games that I don't have. But the thing is that some games, like Returnal and Demon's Souls, would probably take me at least a month to play through and at that point I'd rather just own the game so that I can take my time playing through them. Being subscribed to a service means that I have to constantly "force" myself to play something just so that I can be done with it in time before my subscription runs out.

I recently played Matterfall and that was probably the most difficult game I've played in recent time. But I was determined to beat it and I did, albeit with some help. So I think I'm ready to tackle Returnal. It seems like one of those games I'd love to play for an hour or two after coming home from work.

@Thrillho I seriously have so much to play now on PS5 haha. On top of all these games, I have the PS+ Extra titles that I want to get through before my subscription runs out in a couple of weeks. But yeah, Returnal, Astro and Miles Morales are tons of fun. It's been such a long time since I enjoyed myself this much with games. It's like being a kid again!

I do hope that Sony decides to make a full-blown game with Astro. It's just such a great platformer that oozes with creativity!

@Th3solution That's reassuring to hear! I'll keep trying until I beat the first boss and hopefully the game will click for me then. From what I've played so far though, the game is just awesome. Even if I die, I'm still having a great time. As a person who's pretty much grown up with Housemarque games, I'm very impressed with what they have created with Returnal.

@RogerRoger I've been playing so much on my PS5 this week and it's been great. This console has truly reinvigorated my interest for gaming overall. For a long time now, I haven't experienced any compelling games. Then I got PS+ Premium, played Stray (which was fantastic!), then bought a PS5 and now I'm playing all these phenomenal games! I think I've come to the conclusion that I am first and foremost a PlayStation player. Regardless of what better things Xbox and Nintendo have to offer, PlayStation games just never disappoint. I've had some of my greatest gaming experiences on Vita and PS4, and I'm sure I'll have even more great experiences on PS5. PlayStation is simply the best.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Regarding Miles Morales, it is true that the PS5 polish adds a lot of enjoyment and extra pizzazz to the experience through haptics, better visuals and performance. But beyond that, the game is just a better paced and more focused experience in my opinion. I really like Spider-Man, but MM is another level because it doesn’t mess around with pace-breaking puzzles and stealth sections.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@LtSarge I actually don't mind the size of the icons. I get the complaint, but it's been something I've been able to shrug off. I don't believe you can change anything with the inputs.

If Sony would have just let some of the UI alone, mainly the forcing of the Activity Cards being something they should have never done, it would be ok at least. I will likely always prefer the PS4's UI, but some little things they've done have helped (like making the Explore page much more useful by adding Friends and Trophy info on it). The Explore page was completely useless at launch.

We can agree to disagree on the stand. Not to sour you on it, but the main problem if you have it horizontal is that it's easy for the stand to just come right off the system if you move it. Vertical it's functional, but even then it could probably use a second screw. Nothing major in the end obviously as it serves it's purpose. It just could be better.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@Th3solution I actually didn't mind e.g. the stealth sections in the first Spider-Man. It was a nice change of pace for me, but that's obviously not how the majority sees them.

The side content is still uninteresting, but the story is great and I like how different Miles is as Spider-Man compared to Peter.

@KilloWertz Yeah I definitely prefer the PS4's UI as well. I just miss the bar above the games, i.e. the one you get when you press the Home button on the main menu where you see who's online and such. It was better on PS4. Having to press the Home button to access it is rather cumbersome instead of just pressing up once.

I tried to see if I could put my PS5 vertically but it's just so damn tall, it doesn't fit anywhere on my table that way. But it does look better vertically in my opinion.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge People wanted something brand new probably largely because they wanted something snappier, but you put the PS4 UI on the PS5 and it would have been just that. It wasn't the UI. It was the hardware not being fast enough to load it any quicker. It's not that I hate the PS5 UI really. It's fine, and would be even better if they had just left it alone instead of forcing the Activity Cards on us, but I do miss the What's New page and the ability to check for updates from your Library rather than just the 10 games on your Home screen.

As for the Home button, suck it up man. Don't be so lazy! Seriously though, you'll get used to it. It's something that doesn't even cross my mind and this is my "new normal". I guess it doesn't hurt that I've had the PS5 for almost 2 years now, so I would hope using the PS5 would be second nature by now.

I get it. Given how different both current gen consoles are compared to the normal shape of basically every console before them, it's about however they fit more than how you prefer to display them. I guess I am lucky that I can have my PS5 and Series X both vertical, but at least the PS5 still looks fine horizontal as well (I did try it that way at first). I think the Series X looks horrible that way, but obviously some people have to do what they have to do. I didn't care for the look of either system at first even vertically, but they have grown on me. I do wish the light went further around the system like the light going down the whole middle of the original PS4, but oh well.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Anti-Matter

I wonder what games will be added from Outright Games on PS5.
I still waiting for more upcoming kids games on PS5.

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

NeonPizza wrote:

I'd probably have to take apart the Dual Sense, just to stick black electrician tape over the LED lights.

Yeah, I was away from my DualSense at the time of replying. The next time I picked it up, I looked closely at the touchpad and lights and just laughed at the idiocy of my suggestion. My apologies!

@LtSarge I'm so, so happy for you and your new console! Am real glad it's grabbed you!

For what its worth, as wonderful as the PS5 is, I think you're smart to keep your PS4 handy. I've done the same, because I'll occasionally stumble across a PS4 game that, sure, loads faster and runs smoother overall, but which also developed an odd audio issue or random quirk in the generation gap, something which it never had before. Very minor stuff, mind. It's good to have options though, just in case.

Hope you enjoy your time with Miles! Great choice to get into the swing of things (ba-dum-tssh)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@Bentleyma
I banned Thcia after I saw "Blood and Gore" mentioned from the latest trailer.
I have zero tolerance with blood and gore content. Every games with that contents will be instant banned from me.
Blood and Gore are EVIL.
I HATE those contents.
I'm done with that game.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BAMozzy

I hate the Sony Stand that came with my PS5 - but I also prefer to keep mine Horizontal. Any little 'touch' and it was constantly falling off. I bought a different option that clips on to the bottom plate at either end and its so much more stable now...

This is my set up:
Untitled

If you look closely at the PS5, you can see the two 'clip-on' stands on the lower plate:
Untitled

So much more stable now...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RogerRoger

@BAMozzy I'm glad you've found a solution to your problem (and your set-up looks comprehensive, to say the least!) but I've gotta say, I haven't found any fault with the official stand. I also have my PS5 horizontal and am routinely yanking a USB stick in and out of its front port, and I press the console's physical eject button whenever I'm finished with a disc-based game, and it's never wobbled once. Am merely noting this out of curiosity more than anything else, but maybe you got a faulty stand?

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic