Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 4,321 to 4,340 of 4,712

WaterKirby_64

Voltan wrote:

It's been over 10 minutes since they announced a SoP and still nothing on PushSquare smh

Here is hoping for Street Fighter 6 news

WaterKirby_64

PSN: WaterKirby1964

sanderson72

@neonpizza Let's face it, the PS5 needs themes. I boot up my SSD PS4 Pro and am greeted by the whooshing sounds of the PS2 startup theme while my son has the 25 anniversary theme installed which starts with the iconic PS1 startup music.
The HDMI link weirdness freaked me out when the damn tower of lard turned itself on without any provocation. PS3 and PS4 HDMI channel switch control works fine so yet again Sony seem to have broken something fairly straightforward.

The PS5 just feels so dull and dreary - and don't even get me started on the bizarre controls (e.g. to quit a game, exit to dashboard, press Options and then close game?) and the lack of proper folders.

I sent my PS5 back to Sony after a fortnight as it wasn't a quantum leap over the SSD Pro. I'll get one when some decent PS5 only games finally appear and I'll see what the redesigned one looks like. Hopefully, it'll be less hideous to look at.

Edited on by sanderson72

sanderson72

Perkinarmand_31

Hello sammyb@ I'm Jameel Perkins asking is possible to see PS PLUS to come to PSVR1 PSVR2 to have all the classic Like street fighter mortal Kombat Tekken 2 1 3 4 5 6 8 ?

Perkinarmand_31

LtSarge

So I'm finally considering buying a PS5 as early as next week. I've come to the realisation that I'm mostly playing games on my PS4 than Series X and seeing as how I have a vast backlog of PS4 games, I'd like to experience them in the best possible way on better hardware (since I have a base PS4). It's actually the same reason why I bought a Series X, because I want to stop looking up if a game runs well on my older systems or not.

Now I know that it's rumoured that Sony is preparing to announce a new model soon with a supposed detachable disc drive but all the same, people have told me that games won't look/perform that much better on a PS5 Pro compared to the jump from PS4 to PS4 Pro. So I don't know if I absolutely should wait for a new model or just buy the current one now but at the very least I'd be getting a console that has much better hardware than the base PS4.

Before then, I'd like your thoughts on the matter. Is it a good time to buy a PS5 now (especially when considering that they're actually in stock now)? Is there something I should think about before buying one? I've already uploaded all my save files on PS4 to the cloud and since I still have two weeks of PS+ left, I definitely have time to download them all to my PS5 next week.

LtSarge

Ryall

@LtSarge The PS5 offers a better looking faster, loading and smooth experience than any PS4.

Since you’ve already upgraded your Xbox, you should know exactly what to expect. It’s the same generational leap. If that’s appealing upgrade your PlayStation as well.

As for the PS5 pro. It may release at the end of 2024 if it does, it will probably cost around €700 and improve the resolution of ray tracing. I wouldn’t wait for something that may not happen.

Ryall

LtSarge

@Ryall Yeah, the main appeal of PS5 for me is not only to be able to play all my current PS4 games better but also to have access to games only available on PS5 such as Final Fantasy XVI and Spider-Man 2. That's the reason why I didn't buy a PS4 Pro before because I essentially already have the system. But with PS5, it'll be like I'd be getting a PS4 Pro and a new system altogether. Or at least I hope it's the case. I'm guessing PS5 works like Series X in terms of making last-gen games look/perform better on the new hardware. Series X offers Xbox One X enhancements, so I'm guessing PS5 offers PS4 Pro enhancements and also has the same features like boost mode and super-sampling.

LtSarge

Ryall

@LtSarge Yep. The PS5 will play the PS4 Pro version of PS4 games. If the are frame rate drops on PS4 pro the PS5 will also clean those up.

Ryall

LtSarge

@Ryall Fantastic, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on one tomorrow.

LtSarge

BAMozzy

@LtSarge PS5 represents a similar generational leap as a Series X so you know pretty much what to expect from the hardware and of course, will get games that the 'older' gen won't - something that will certainly increase as more move to PS5 making it less financially feasible to 'port' games down to the 'diminishing' player base. Not enough players to 'buy' to justify the costs of porting down and optimising for.

If you want to play Spider-Man 2, Wolverine and whatever else Sony has planned in the future, as well as games like Demon Souls, Returnal or R&C, you'll need at least a PS5. That's not including all the 3rd Party Deals that will give Playstation exclusive content too - and some that will not be on Xbox/Game Pass ever because Sony paid to keep it off there, some content may have to wait a year or two before its on Xbox. So if you just stick with a Series X and PS4/Pro, you'll miss out on some content.

I don't know how true the Rumours of a PS5 Pro are or even whether it will 'come' to market. The PS4 is not 'dropping' in price - it actually went up. If its already around $500 for a PS5, how much would a PS5 Pro cost? Assuming they do something to add a 'noticeable' difference to justify buying, I can't see it being around the $500 mark - more like $700+. The PS5 already offers 4k and would need a boost to CPU to improve Frame Rates/RT etc as well as GPU boosts, maybe more built-in Storage (2TB?) so what Price without losing too much money per Unit sold would it be? Shipping/distribution and Raw Material costs aren't reducing either so I think it will be 'expensive' and perhaps too expensive for a Console. But then Sony don't really support the PC whereas with MS, if you want 'better' than a Series X, you can get/upgrade your PC to play with more RT, better PQ and/or better performance day and date but would have to wait for Sony to release their games to PC so maybe Sony feel they need a PS5 Pro to 'compete' with Xbox on PC?

No-one can tell you that upgrading to a PS5 is worth it for you or not, whether to wait for a potential 'Pro' or not as its not their money. They don't know if you'll get your 'money's' worth from upgrading or feel it was too much for what you'll use it for. All I can say is that I don't use my PS4 Pro now since I got my PS5 and don't really feel the need to go 'back' to it. The PS5 is 'better' even with 'older' games in general so I would rather play on PS5 myself - but I can't say you will feel the same as I do.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RogerRoger

@LtSarge I'd echo the helpful help you've already received (particularly with regards your question about a hypothetical PS5 Pro and waiting for something that may never happen) and just add that I hope you're able to get your hands on a PS5 tomorrow! Best of luck!

Do remember that a very small handful of PS4 games won't play on PS5. Normally I wouldn't even mention 'em but I know you're quite a prolific gamer who'll give anything a try, so be aware of Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of the Kuma Volume One, Hitman GO: Definitive Edition, Just Deal With It!, Robinson: The Journey, Shadwen and We Sing (no, I haven't heard of half of those, either). Some PS4 games also don't play perfectly on PS5, but the issues are often minor, and developers are still releasing PS5 patches to this day. Here's a list, if it helps.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@LtSarge There’s no need to worry about having PS+ for transferring your saves across. Whatever you have on your console is really easily transferred during the setup process; done most quickly if you have an Ethernet cable to connect the consoles together.

I went from a base PS4 to the PS5 and the difference was amazing. I played Ghost of Tsushima before the dedicated PS5 upgrade (via the directors cut) and it was fab already as it built on the PS4 pro features even more.

Some people dislike it but I think the DualSense controller is great too. It’s a bit meatier than the older PS controllers which took some getting used to but now I really like it. Adaptive triggers and haptic feedback are great when properly utilised in PS5 games.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@LtSarge I think most people have chimed in to get you covered, but I will say that I played a few PS4 titles on both my vanilla PS4 and then on my PS5 and there was substantial improvement of the overall experience on the PS5. I’m no techie so I can’t speak to the numbers but there was notable benefits in frame rate and load times.

I played the first half of Mass Effect 1 on my PS4 via the Legendary Edition and then played the last half of it on PS5. It was night and day as far as load times and I’m not sure what the frame rate is on PS5 but I think it was 60 vs 30 on the base PS4. The other game was Last of Us Part 2, which was similar — the game looked great on PS4 but when I transferred my save over and played the second half on PS5 it was so much smoother and even more beautiful at 60 frames.

So those are two examples for me where it was a base PS4 game (although in the case of TLoU2 it has a PS5 patch) which performed tangibly better than on my PS4.

The downside is that a PS4 game doesn’t benefit from the haptics and adaptive triggers of the DualSense so I actually like the feel of the DS4 controller, but you can connect your DS4 to the PS5 if you really would rather use it on those games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@LtSarge There's really not a whole lot left to add, but I will say good luck if you do end up taking the plunge tomorrow (today technically). I have a handful of issues with the UI, in particular Sony forcing the Activity cards on us as part of an update last year, essentially taking away the game artwork and replacing it with a screenshot in some games. I know that may not sound like much, but it's unnecessary when the Activity cards are right underneath the play button anyways, and I like the game artwork rather than the activity info and a screenshot. The Games page has also been unreliable pretty much since launch, but the latest update where they added your playtime to the Home page for each game may have finally fixed that. Your playtime for a game would sometimes not register properly, with it sometimes not registering for multiple days. I have had 0 issues over the last week or so.

I know that may sound like I am frustrated with my PS5, but that's not the case. Obviously I would like those two things changed/ironed out to make it an even better experience, but overall I have been very pleased with my PS5. The load times are a significant advantage, and obviously 60 FPS as an option for a lot of games is another nice plus. The included stand isn't the greatest, especially if you are planning on having it horizontal since it only is screwed on if you have it vertical, but it is what it is. The PS5 isn't perfect, but all in all I'd still recommend getting one for sure.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

(Will reply properly to you guys once I have more free time)

So I bought a PS5 today. They only had the GoW: Ragnarok bundle but I figured I just want to get a PS5 so I didn't mind paying extra even though I already have the game. I might sell the code to someone later on. Anyway, the setup went smoothly and I didn't have any issues getting everything to work. Luckily I had a month of PS+ Premium and noticed that the service does actually have some PS5 games, including Returnal and Demon's Souls. I decided to give Returnal a try since I'm rather interested in that game.

Holy **** this game is awesome! I've had my Series X for over half a year but nothing has made me feel like I was playing a next-gen game. PS5 manages to make me feel that in just an hour from setting it up. The way the controller is used while playing the game is brilliant. The triggers are like two buttons and I love how they can lock up. The graphics are phenomenal and the idea of a third-person rogue-lite experience is great. I don't mind dying, the game is just so much fun. It just feels overall like a game I couldn't play on my PS4. I'm glad that I gave it a try and now I'm going to go order the game so I don't have to keep subscribing to PS+ Extra in order to play it. I'll be checking out Demon's Souls next and I'm sure I'll enjoy that game as well.

I haven't even checked out Astro's Playroom, but I will in due time. I just wanted to check out some games beforehand so that I can order them in time for them to arrive before the weekend.

Not to mention that I feel like I want to play more of my PS4 games now that all (or most of them) run better on PS5. I can finally start up titles I bought on PS4 such as Spider-Man Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, Gran Turismo 7, Kena, Sifu as well as third-party titles like Final Fantasy VII Remake, Control Ultimate Edition, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and so on. There are so many games that will run better on PS5 that I'm glad that I waited to play them.

One issue I have with PS5 is its small storage. Having just under 700 GB really sucks, but that's why I'm glad that I have a Series X and also my PS4 for the extra storage space. I genuinely don't feel like upgrading my hard drive after having spent almost €800 on a new system.

All in all, I'm absolutely in love with the PS5. I love it so much that I regret not buying it instead of the Series X. Some may recall that I was rather disappointed after buying the Series X because I didn't have anything new to play on it. The PS5 has that in spades with titles like Returnal, Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Miles Morales, Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Horizon Forbidden West, Stray, God of War Ragnarok and more. Jesus Christ I'm going to buy so many games for my PS5. I want to play everything on it now lol. I haven't been this excited about something gaming related in forever! Absolutely fantastic system!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge Glad you are enjoying Returnal! You mirror my thoughts on how next gen the game feels. The 3D audio is probably the best I've experienced also.

The PS5 uses compression technology to reduce file sizes, so you will be surprised how much you can fit on the HDD. I hear that the price of the memory cards has dropped a bit recently, which I'm led to believe is not the case with the options available for the Series consoles.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

CaptD

@LtSarge Glad you are enjoying your new toy. I've had mine since day one and have always been a ps plus subscriber but upgraded to Extra last august as there was enough content that I hadn't played. Returnal, Death stranding, Ghost of T, Demons souls (played the PS3 version previously) Miles Morales so I certainly got my monies worth within a month or two.
I really enjoyed Returnal despite being very unsure of it prior to playing and even after I started playing, after a particular run was cut violently short I did select Delete Game but when asked "Are you sure?" I just couldn't do it as I love HouseMarque but it was a very close call.

TBH I don't particularly like the subscription model but do think PS Plus extra has been awesome so far.

CaptD

Thrillho

@LtSarge Great to hear you’re having fun

Returnal is my favourite exclusive so far I think and it really does get quite addictive. The audio is great too, especially through headphones with the 3D audio. Having the community on here discussing it so much really made the game even more special too for me.

It also utilises the adaptive triggers really cleverly, as does Ratchet and Clank so have fun with that one too when you get it!

And definitely don’t overlook Astro as it’s a fantastic little platformer and is brilliantly nostalgic for the whole of the history of PlayStation.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@LtSarge Oh, oops… I read your the other thread first but I see you actually tried Returnal and have experienced it’s awesomeness. It’s probably the hardest game I’ve completed but one of the best gaming experiences in recent memory. The dedicated thread has some good advice scattered throughout. I will say that the first boss is a huge stumbling block, but once you get past that, it’s a little easier, although there’s plenty of difficulty spikes afterwards. Still, the first boss was the point at which I was tempted to quit the most, but after that, it’s hard but you really want to stick with it because you know you can do it if you keep trying.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Am so pleased you've fallen for your shiny new console! Please use every minute of free time you have to enjoy it. We'll still be here when you need a break (whenever that may be)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

I'm trying to learn how to upgrade physical PS4 games to the PS5 versions and I'm really struggling right now. Miles Morales is obviously one of those games, but I can't seem to find anything on the menu that will let me upgrade it. I even installed the game and it told me in-game that I could upgrade it on the hub but there's nothing there. Is it because of my PS+ Premium subscription that's somehow ruining it because the game is also available on Extra?

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic