Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 4,361 to 4,380 of 4,712

Th3solution

@BAMozzy That’s a very nice arrangement you have there. I also store my PS5 horizontally and yet fortunately, like @RogerRoger , I haven’t had any major instability issues with just normal usage. If I really push on the console from the corner, the stand might rotate a bit, but otherwise it is actually much more stable than it appears. Because yes, it appears as if it’s floating in mid-air and ready to topple at the slightest nudge.

I’m glad you found a good supplementary brace though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

@Bentleyma
I don't care.
I banned every single games with blood and gore on it, even there is an option to turn off.
I still considered as EVIL games.
Period.

Anti-Matter

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger It's a very common complaint with the stand ever since launch. I'm not sure if we were doing something wrong or if they ever changed it (I doubt it), but I had mine horizontal as well at first and it would easily come off too. Vertical it stays on just fine of course since it's screwed in.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

ScarletSpidey

Has anyone had problems with controller lag lately? Both my Dualsenses are suffering from it, which makes me think it's not the controllers themselves but might the console, firmware etc. It makes precision aiming really difficult as I kind of overshoot every target. Wired seems to work okay but I can't just used wired forever in this day and age.

ScarletSpidey

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz Wow, didn't realise it was so widespread. Either the issue passed me by completely, or I've seen it mentioned before and straight-up forgotten.

I doubt they'd have made any major change either, but I certainly don't have a launch model, so...?

@ScarletSpidey Can't say that I have, no. The fact that you've got two controllers suffering the same issue would definitely suggest a firmware fault. Wasn't the last major update the one that removed the need to manually connect via USB every time? Maybe it's something they'll address next time around. Have you added any new Bluetooth devices to the room lately? Any possible signal crowding?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger If you just have it sitting still most of the time, or just move it a tiny bit, then most people should be fine. If you have some reason to move it though, like getting to the back of the console if you can't otherwise, then plenty of people have had issues of the hooks or whatever you want to call them coming off the system. I guess you're either a god of setting up your consoles or just that lucky, I dunno.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Anti-Matter

Question.
Are PS4 games in disc will have smaller GB size installation on PS5 machine compared being installed on PS4 machine ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Voltan

@Anti-Matter No, install sizes for PS4 games are the same.
However, if the game has a PS5 upgrade (which lets you to download the PS5 version instead of copying the PS4 version from disc), those are often smaller (it depends on the game though).

Voltan

RogerRoger

KilloWertz wrote:

I guess you're either a god of setting up your consoles or just that lucky, I dunno.

Oh, most definitely the latter.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

So who is getting the Horizon Forbidden West DLC expansion at launch?

Being totally honest, I'm extremely jelly. If they knock this out of the park, it might end up being a console seller for me.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

LN78

@Ralizah Not me. I thought "HFW" was enough of a slog.

LN78

MikeOrator

@Ralizah

I will be. It's inexpensive enough for a digital-only purchase and it's maybe going to showcase what the PS5 is actually capable of.

Didja...didja see the CLOUDS...

Now with H:FW on PS+ Extra, it's inexpensive for everyone who subs to that tier. The problem is that you need to play through the ENTIRE MAIN GAME first and for some people that may be too much. Its a 30 hr campaign with an additional 50 hours to 100%

MikeOrator

PSN: MikeOrator

KilloWertz

@Ralizah Me for sure, but that shouldn't be too surprising if you knew that Horizon Forbidden West was my GOTY last year (and honestly my game of the still fairly new generation so far).

Maybe I'll have a reason to actually add you on PlayStation then.

@grapetrap Not criticizing you. This is more in general for the complaints from people that you have to complete the main game before doing the DLC. If somebody is interested in the DLC, then I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to play Forbidden West. I guess it's because the game is over a year old and the DLC will be new, and people want the new thing.

MikeOrator

@KilloWertz

No Worries. No offense taken. I agree, even if someone had recently upgraded to a PS5 and played on PS4 they should have the cross-save, and if they DIDN'T play on PS4 now is the best time to do so. And if they don't yet own a PS5 and can't play it, I literally tripped over a skid of PS5s at my local Walmart, go get one they are not special anymore. (I know not everyone can...I'm being hyperbolic for effect)

It's interesting though that this franchise can't catch a break with its release dates. H:ZD was released a week before a paradigm shift with "Breath of the Wild", then H:FW had the $10 PS5 upcharge debacle AND was released 6 days before another huge paradigm shift with Elden Ring. Now it's releasing the first DLC for any game, in a long time (if ever) that is not coming to ALL of the systems the main game is on. Controversy after controversy...lol...

Anyway, I preordered it, and The Ten willing, I will enjoy it.

MikeOrator

PSN: MikeOrator

Th3solution

When I turned on my PS5 today, it immediately did a “rebuilding database” sequence before it came on. Does the console do periodic database rebuilds? On PS4 that had to be a manual process. I’m fairly certain I turned my console off last night without anything unusual going on, so it’s not like it was a power cut or improper power down. Maybe it’s because I deleted about 4 games off my hard drive yesterday?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

jdv95

@Th3solution mine did an update yesterday (the one that just came out) and instead of a normal update that reboots the console,it was just a screen saying "don't shut off your ps5" and to finish the update it did a database rebuild.

i do remember some ps4 updates rebuilding the database aswell every now and then.

jdv95

KilloWertz

@grapetrap The series always finds a way to be successful even with the horrible release dates, but it would be nice if Sony actually released the third game with some time to itself for once. Maybe the series would finally get the widespread recognition it deserves, and would have a lot more initial success rather than having to rely on getting it's legs months down the road or moving up the sales charts via a console bundle.

For me, as long as I love it like I did the main game, I'm good. It will also be nice to experience the final performance from Lance Reddick as Sylens.

RogerRoger

@Ralizah I'd love to be able to start Burning Shores straight away, but its proximity to Jedi: Survivor means I'm gonna have to wait. It's a first-world annoyance for sure. I've had several strong urges to return to Forbidden West recently, and have been real good about maintaining my patience. Still, it's quite something when a game (heck, a mere DLC expansion!) makes me wish for a delay to a Star Wars product. I'll have to live vicariously through @grapetrap and @KilloWertz for a few weeks.

@Th3solution I think @jdv95 is right, I think it must've been the latest update, which didn't trigger the usual cycle on my console, either. Perhaps it sorted itself out in the background whilst you were playing and deleting stuff, and then rebuilt the database upon your return?

Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger Given how Star Wars has been since Disney bought it, you're not missing anything unless it has the letters a, n, d, o, r in the title.

I'll make sure to take at least one screenshot per day and send it to you, especially the end. Oh, wait, that's not what vicariously means...

Edited on by KilloWertz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic