Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Th3solution

@RogerRoger
Ahem...
Untitled

Roger that. Yes, I think I have. 😉

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@TraCuz- Sorry I thought I already replied here. I'm alright. I'll be away from here a few weeks sometimes when I'm in a gaming rut. That has happened to me a few times since covid. Sitting at home so much already, and not having a lot of interactions, makes gaming feel kind of useless sometimes.

In these past weeks I moved to a new (and bigger place), after a day of working and unpacking stuff gaming is the best way to blow off steam.

Working my way through Persona 5 Royal on the PS5 now.

Kidfried

TraCuz-

@Kidfried Yeah I hear ya honestly, how see covid restriction where you live? Could you have people over? Go to a park? Playing Persona during quarantine was amazing for me. I've always wanted to visit Japan, and that game is like f that you live here now. Running rampant in Shibuya with my Thieves will always have a special place in my heart.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Kidfried

@TraCuz- Visiting Japan is also still one of my dreams, even after playing Persona and all those other games set in japan I've played over the years.

From next week on regulations will be less strict here. We had a curfew and a one visitor policy, as well as pretty much everything closed. Some of those will be lifted from next week on, even though infection numbers are peaking right now. For me this all comes at a perfect time though, because it's my birthday in about one week and a half, and I'm looking forward to having at least a few people over. You?

Kidfried

Voltan

Following the repair of my HiFi amp, I hooked up the TV/console to it and all those shattering bones in MK11 sound particularly gnarly now

Voltan

Th3solution

Dropped my DualSense today, resulting in a loud bang onto the floor. 😫
I think it’s okay and it seems to work, but fair warning to everyone — that sucker is slippery and the shape of the handles is tapered so as to just slip right out of your hand if you’re not careful. The slick tapered handles coupled with the fact that it’s weight is unbalanced and pretty front-heavy means it’s a perfect set up for a careless gamer to drop. It’s really a design flaw, and it should have had a better grip, in my opinion. The components in the DualSense have got to be pretty complex with all the haptics and moving parts — it’s a full on machine in its own right. Hopefully Sony at least did drop and durability testing.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I dropped it on my foot yesterday. Given how much that hurt, I’d like to think it was well insulated inside 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Yeah, it’s a pretty heavy controller. The way people report stick drift and malfunctioning triggers, I just hope those things don’t jar too easily. But it feels extremely solid, regardless.

Thrillho

I never really used rest mode on my PS4 and certainly never used the suspend play feature but use both quite a lot on this console.

It’s pretty impressive how quickly you can be back in a game from rest mode.

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho I'm the opposite - I used it all the time on PS4 but never on PS5

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Same here. The boot up times of the console and the load times of games are usually so quick, I feel there is less need to use rest mode on PS5. Used it a lot more when I had a PS4.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@velio84 State of Play dedicated to R&C this Thursday! Don't watch if you don't want to spend another €80 soon!

Voltan

Thrillho

Luckily my eternal gaming backlog makes day one purchases a rarity!

Insomniac are doing a lot of heavy lifting for the PS5 so far but they’re certainly proving themselves to be good at what they do.

Thrillho

Th3solution

As a follow up to the discussion about the trophy popping chime sound changing (I still don’t like the new sound), apparently the platinum trophy chime is unique from the standard trophy sound? I can’t say that I noticed this when I platinum’d Astrobot, but has anyone else noticed?

jdv95

@Th3solution can confirm.

still not that audible if your game volume is up but it is a unique sound.

jdv95

Thrillho

@Th3solution I noticed it with Ratchet and Clank the other day. Ever so slightly higher pitched and a marginally longer chime.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@jdv95 @Thrillho I’ll try to notice the next time I pop a platinum. It’ll probably be a while though. My platinum rate is about one every 2-3 months or so.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic