Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 4,712

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'm on course for Spidey's remastered platinum this week. Like you, I didn't notice the different noise with Astro's Playroom, so I'm super-excited to hear it again!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

I've been less and less interesting in gaming, probably due to moving, family and work - also making music on Dreams. But I have dearly missed keeping up with y'all and obviously the games. I miss new stuff!

My wife sat outside Costa today when I was thinking about buying an Xbox S as they were available says "Don't do it" I was like why not? "It doesn't have a disc drive" I was like how do you know? (She doesn't game). I replied ' I have done some research on the S and it would tide me over until I can buy a PS5 at some point in the future. Playing Gears,Ori and Forza - it's a good alternative.' Anyway the server brought our drinks and I was like.'So I'm going to Game' and the wife replied 'Im gonna have to tell you then'.....

She bought me a PS5 at the start of March for a moving in gift but decided to hold it until father's Day (which is next month). What a legend! As I've ruined the surprise the Xbox S money is being handed over and I get it at the weekend when we pick it up from her sisters! Get in!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Whoops! But welcome to the team all the same

Any plans for what you’ll break the console in with? (after you’re the latest person to fall in love with Astro’s Playroom anyway..)

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho I love Astrobot on psvr so yeah that's a no brainer. I never finished GOW which has been improved so that's next and I think I retrieved last month's plus ps5 game through the app. So I have 3 games to start with!

Thrillho

@themcnoisy I’m sure you’ll love Astrobot! I haven’t tried GoW at 60fps but the couple of games I’ve played upgraded (Jedi Fallen Order, Ratchet and Clank) have both felt great with the increased frame rate.

I’ve yet to experience ray tracing yet; Miles Morales is still waiting to be played..

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho it's one big adventure bro. I've also got sackboys big adventure, unsure if you get a free ps5 upgrade with that. But I will try 😅

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Buddy, awesome to hear from you, and what an awesome turn of events! Here's hoping you enjoy the upgrade this weekend!

And bless Mrs. Noisy! What a legend indeed!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Congratulations Noisy! So happy for you! Having recently joined the PS5 club I can say it’s well worth the wait.

And hold onto that wife of yours; she’s a keeper!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger @Th3solution @Arugula @Voltan cheers boys. May be back on PushSquare a bit more often! Can't wait.

themcnoisy

Jeez they weren't kidding when they said it was big ROFL. Okay so Astrobot tonight and maybe a look at GoW in 4k I think.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy I’m so excited to read your thoughts on Astrobot. I don’t want to oversell it, but I get a feeling that you’re going to feel you’ve reached nirvana.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

R1spam

@themcnoisy they were exactly the first two games I tried out. Both were so good. I hope you enjoyed!!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

themcnoisy

@R1spam awesome! I decided to leave I until this evening when I have more time. Pretty excited to try it out!

@Th3solution Did you play rescue mission? It was my new Ridge Racer moment. When I played RR on the PS1 way back when my jaw dropped. Astrobot did exactly the same, I would buy psvr just for that. Looking forward to it!

HallowMoonshadow

Congrats on getting a PS5 @themcnoisy! Your wife's an absolute star! Hope you get back into the gaming groove!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Voltan

I didn't get a single word but this Japanese promo video for Village is kinda amazing anyway lol

Voltan

Th3solution

@themcnoisy No, I’ve not adopted VR yet. I hear Rescue Mission is worth having VR just for that game alone.

Even without any prior connection to the series I still absolutely loved Astro’s Playroom. I was thinking about playing it again the other day, even though I have the platinum already. It’s that good.

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy thanks FGS, I am blessed. I'm now looking at games again 😃

Looking at returnal and Mass Effect as my next games I hope!

@Th3solution Astro became my mate thanks to VR. You are in the world and the graphics are so colourful it's perfect.

themcnoisy

@Voltan hahaha what is going on? Amazing 🤣

themcnoisy

Astrobot on PS5 is brilliant. Not as good as rescue mission, the lack of immersion does hinder the experience in comparison but otherwise it's an outstanding introduction to PS5. Anyone who loves Astrobot I highly recommend Rescue Mission, please go and try it!

The Dual sense is decent as a controller, The rumble is a big upgrade. The adaptive triggers are a gimmick imo, I can't see it catching on, they don't add anything really. Y'all may disagree but it's more annoying than cool. Otherwise the controller, yeah I prefer it a lot more than the initial showcase when I was in shock at the design. Weirdly I still prefer the DS4, its perfect in my hands. The Dualsense digs into my fingers where the casing separates at the bottom of the grips

Ok now the big elephant in the room. The PS5 is absolutely ridiculous in size. It's way over the top, I knew it was going to be big. But the fact its stopping the Earth from rotating is a worry. It's far too big and bulky.

The big positive is loading. Wow what an upgrade, like Cartridge gaming we are back in the game. It makes such a difference! Playing Wreckfest on PS4 is great but the loading is sllloooow. In Astrobot PS5 changing levels is a breeze! This is the biggest change as well as the better graphics which is expected. I also love the new UI it's a touch more classy. So once you have bundled the PS5 into its own cupboard and are playing it's a huge upgrade.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic