Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 4,712

nessisonett

My PS5 came today! I’ve spent around an hour with Astro’s Playroom and it’s absolutely fantastic. The haptics are way better than I thought they’d be too. I’m pretty blown away.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett now comes the period of getting used to the fact that most games don't use haptics nearly as well as Astro
It's an absolutely fantastic feature when used right though!

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Just like how most Wii games weren’t as mind blowing as the first time playing Wii Sports then 😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Glad you were able to finally secure one. Hope it continues to impress!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@nessisonett seriously though - developers are at least trying in most PS5 games and I still think it'll get better rather than abandoned. Sony-published games are obviously where it's at at the moment but even AC Valhalla has a nice splash effect when jumping into water or when you're on a boat. I've been playing more PS4 games recently and it's easy to forget how cool haptic feedback is but then you fire up Destruction All Stars for 20 minutes and you're like "oh yeah, this is what the controler can do". It's awesome.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oh nice! Yeah Astro is well good, really should get back to that and finish it off.

Although other games do not use the Dual Sense features to the same high standard, I still think it is cool how some games use it. Demon's Souls for instance was more understated but still felt better than any previous game in the genre.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Arugula @RogerRoger @Voltan @JohnnyShoulder Cheers all! I’ll definitely polish off Astro’s Playroom but I’ve stuck AC Valhalla on to install from disc and then I’ll have to start doing the PS5 upgrade thingys for Hitman 3, FIFA 21 and so on!

HallowMoonshadow

Wasn't aware you'd managed to snag one @nessisonett so congratulations, especially after that ebay malarky!

Really encouraging to hear once more that the haptics seem to be rather impressively implimented in Astro!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@nessisonett Nice! I’m just in the process of setting mine up now.

It really is a beast of a console though! Out of interest, is there anyone out there who’s opted to have the console horizontal?? I’m glad it looks better (to me) upright as it takes up less space behind the telly whereas I always had the PS4 flat.

Set up of the console has been pretty smooth so far and using a LAN connection it reckons it’ll only be 25mins to transfer data and the few games I have installed that I’d want 👍🏻

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho I have it horizontal because that's pretty much the only way it fits anywhere in my room

Edit: Doesn't look too bad if you ask me. If you're wondering about the blanket - my cat likes to lie there sometimes

Untitled

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Thrillho

@Voltan Fair enough

I’ve just been giving Fallen Order a spin as I have a little bit left to do. I’m not normally one for frame rates but it is silky smooth coming straight from the PS4! It’s also nice to be able to hear the tv over the console too..

My dashboard looks a little sparse at the moment though. The controller feels very comfortable so far and the more subtle vibrations are noticeable.

So far, so good!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Do you have many games with a PS5 upgrade? I had a wee look there and while I wish you could sort library by those that do, I found that I could install upgraded versions of FIFA 21, Hitman 3, Nioh 2 and Mortal Shell.

TraCuz-

@Voltan Yo man that's a fire setup, I also have the sacred symbols next to the console

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Yo man congrats on your purchase!! How's your experience been so far?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

redd214

If any US folks still need one their going up on Walmart in an hour and most likely PS Direct in the next 2 or 3!

redd214

Thrillho

@nessisonett I have your beloved Control to try from PS+ but I'm not sure if that was the version with the upgrade (i'm going to assume not).

From the list of games with upgrades, there are some I've already finished and plenty I'm not interested in. No Man's Sky is probably the only I'd go back to try again. I do have Miles Morales to play though.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@TraCuz- It’s been great so far, Astro’s Playroom is fantastic and the upgrades for Hitman and FIFA are really impressive!

@Thrillho The version of Control is the PS5 version on PS Plus, and I’m honestly tempted to replay it at some point since this version won’t be a technical car crash!

mookysam

@nessisonett Hooray! I'm glad you managed to get one after what happened before. Astro's Playroom is delightful. I've mainly only played PS4 games so far, but coming from a base PS4 the various PS4 Pro upgrades and smooth frame rates are very nice indeed. I can't wait to get back into Hitman!

@Thrillho It's a behemoth alright. It luckily just about fits horizontally in my unit.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Yeah got mine horizontal so that it fits into my unit. I've got rid of my ps4 since I took this photo so will fudge things over.

Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@TraCuz- it's not much but at least the speakers are kinda good need to fix my amp (not pictured) though, it's having some issues
I added the PS symbols lamp recently and I'm glad I did

@Thrillho Control from PS+ is the Ultimate Edition but apparently redeeming it on a PS4 didn't automatically get you the PS5 version and you can't upgrade it in that case (you could redeem that through the PS app but it's gone now)... or at least that's what I saw a couple people say on Reddit.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic