Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 4,717

TraCuz-

@JohnnyShoulder Seems like it then, that's strange.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder ok thanks! Here’s hoping [if I can ever get my hands on one] that I don’t have the same issues as @TraCuz- because I have like nearly 2 TB of PS4 games on there.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I have around 3TB of games on my 4TB external hdd and not had any problems with it yet. As with all electronic equipment faults can arise. If you want to be extra careful you can safely eject the drive using the console menu before physically removing the drive from the console.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

My PS5 controller touch pad has started clicking/creaking when you press it, on an impulse I took it apart to see if I could fix it.

What did I learn?

I couldn’t fix it, and I broke the microphone jack connection in the process 🤪

No sign of any jam, though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 There is your problem, you need more jam.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Sounds like you’ve found yourself in quite the... jam.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

Well I took a good look at it and I couldn’t figure out what the problem was, then under a light I did see a slightly shiny substance around the touchpad frame (the clear plastic bit that lights up) so I figured some jam like substance must have worked it’s way in! I took the pcb out of the touchpad and took the plastic frame out of the controller, washed and dried them thoroughly, put it all back together and problem solved!

So there you go!

Jam!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 At least it wasn't banana. You're too young to suffer a mid-Fyffe crisis.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Or wasn’t relish from your hot dog, because then you’d have been in quite a pickle.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 We get it. 🤢🤮😅

Octane

Has anyone experienced the bug where in-game music doesn't play anymore? Sounds effects still do, but it's silent for the most part.

Octane

MaulTsir

@Octane I can't say I've had this problem mate, worst I've experienced is that on shooting games The Division 2 and Control Ultimate Edition, the haptic feedback on the trigger works some times not always sometimes it even cuts out halfway through firing and I've had this on both my controllers so I'm assuming there's a bit of a bug in the games that have been given next gen patches.

Edited on by MaulTsir

MaulTsir

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane The only thing like that I've had is when I played a 4k movie disk, and only some of the dialogue was coming through. I went to the sound setting on the console, nothing looked out of the ordinary and everything was OK when I went back to the film. That was when I first got the console and it has not happened since.

Octane

@MaulTsir @JohnnyShoulder I was playing Sackboy, and I noticed the levels were eerily silent. But the sound effects were still playing, so that was weird. A restart solved it.

I think it may have something to do with the Spotify app, since it's also broken most of the time.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane It may have happened to me whilst playing Cyberpunk, but you know its Cyberpunk!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic