Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 4,717

TheIdleCritic

Sony picking up my PS5 on Monday Will be gone for up to two weeks. Problems with both the console and Dualsense. Thought I should nip it in the bud now and have a fresh console that's been checked over and repaired if need be.

carlos82

@Mega-Gazz I realise that but it shouldn't be selectable when not connected to a 120hz set, which leads me to believe they simply ported the PS4 Pro code (and unlocked the framerate) to the PS5

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder thanks, how is Demon's Souls going?

@carlos82 yes it was a fantastic game no complaints from me for the first two PS5 games I've played, just got back from dropping my niece off so will be starting Bugsnax soon!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

Mega-Gazz

carlos82 wrote:

@Mega-Gazz I realise that but it shouldn't be selectable when not connected to a 120hz set, which leads me to believe they simply ported the PS4 Pro code (and unlocked the framerate) to the PS5

Kinda fair given how old the game is and how much post-release support its gotten.

Mega-Gazz

carlos82

@Mega-Gazz I'm not criticising them for it, its a free upgrade after all, I just found it odd they left the 1080p mode in (at least when not using 120fps). In any case I'm happy to play it on the PS5 as I hated it on the Pro with either a 30fps mode which barely was or a 60fps mode which didn't get any closer, at least now its very stable and far better for it

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Making slow but steady progress, but still enjoying it!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Mega-Gazz

@carlos82 I’ve played 569 hours to date on ps4, and didn’t even finish 3rd DLC. Kinda hard to muster up the will to go back to it.

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

Ryall wrote:

I keep hearing about the AMD DLSS equivalent , and the possibility that it is on the consoles - and I’m quite intrigued.

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett

TRIANGLES

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @nessisonett @ralphdibny Apparently the next Bluepoint game will be a PS5 remake of the first Metal Gear Solid game. There was a new leak the other day. And also a new Silent Hill game from Konami is confirmed to be in the works. That will be a PS5 exclusive too. Really hope those turn out to be true.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Sounds good to me but I’ve been let down by plenty ‘leaks’ in the past so trying not to get my hopes up!

carlos82

@JohnnyShoulder that would be bloody fantastic if true

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder that would be pretty gnarly but I'm not quite sure I'd trump up the cash for a ps5 for a remake. I only got around to playing the Twin Snakes last year!

MGS 6 on the other hand, with or without Kojima, perhaps along with a MGS design PS5 special edition would probably be a day one purchase, just like it was when I bought my PS4 with MGSV!

But yeah, I really hope Metal Gear Solid at least, lives on in some playable form. Even if there are criticisms for certain aspects of the games, they always knock it out of the park, for me at least.

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

Wasn't there something about Silent Hills supposedly going to be announced at the game awards in that same leak @JohnnyShoulder?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny @carlos82 @nessisonett
I would love a MGS remake, that game holds a special place for me. The fourth wall breaking stuff blew my mind. Only played the original on ps1 and the sequel on ps2, and then part of V which I didn't like at all. I tend pay much attention to leaks, but this feels a bit different.

Apparently remake of Metal Gear Solid has been in development for three years and will have similar controls to Metal Gear Solid V.

https://screenrant.com/metal-gear-solid-remake-leak-demons-so...

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yep that's right. The new game, Silent Hills with Kojima back making it. It does almost sound too good to be true. Watch this space I suppose.

Expect to see a PS5 Fans article soon on it. 🤣

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I played the demo of MGS to death as it was just another level from anything before it.

The opening was so amazingly done like a movie as well with some of the credits appearing over the screen through that first section and then the full title hitting as you got to the top of the lift.

And the HIND D too!

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder same for me! It really would be something I'd like to see but unless I already had the console, I could probably wait to play it until I owned the console. Unless they did an MGS remake themed console...hmmm

Do you think it would be better if they added new content to it? Extra areas and bits of story etc. Or would you prefer they just made it as faithful as possible but massively upgraded in terms of visuals.

I remember the twin Snakes getting some flack for having the MGS2 control scheme because it made the game easier and I believe there were certain slightly iconic moments (not the most iconic moments in the game) that were diminished by the extra options in viewpoint and movement.

I know bluepoint normally do really faithful remakes/remasters but I think if they were incorporating the MGSV control scheme then I probably would want some extra padding in terms of gameplay and story. MGS is like 4-5 generations old and while it's still one of, if not my favourite game, the experience of a remake would be quite different to something like a last generation Uncharted or even Demons souls which was only 2 generations behind. I haven't played FF7R but I would probably be amicable to an expansion of the game of that nature. (But not split over 3 games obviously)

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Personally I think FF7R expanded too much in a way. They put so much detail and, personally, total fluff into the first 5 hours of the original that they absolutely can’t keep up the quality for the next game given the massive jump in scope. I’d be down for a MGS remake that expanded Shadow Moses while retaining 90% of story beats, so make the journey more complicated to get to the familiar set pieces. I wonder if there are any glaring plot holes now due to the sequels and prequels but I didn’t notice any last time I played it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic