Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 4,712

JJ2

@BearsEatBeets
Haha true.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nessisonett

Geoff’s big news for PS5 is that you won’t be able to play Elder Scrolls 6 on it 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

Geoff Keighley's big PS5 news event happened today, and he revealed that Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield would be games the PS5 WON'T get. Big news right?

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

johncalmc

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

Geoff Keighley's big PS5 news event happened today, and he revealed that Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield would be games the PS5 WON'T get. Big news right?

That's because they'll be on PS6.

johncalmc

Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

Turns out Sony was actually negotiating with Zenimax to make Starfield a timed PlayStation 5 console exclusive like Deathloop and GhostWire Tokyo before the Microsoft buyout

this is even funnier now

TheFrenchiestFry

Kidfried

When I first read the news I was really down, thinking that I would need all three consoles this generation, which I hoped to avoid. But looking at Bethesda's most recent output I'm not actually convinced this news is going to push me to buy an Xbox at all. Probably just means I'll skip them next gen.

I think Hellblade 2 or a Cuphead sequel is making me more excited for Xbox Series X than the promise of future Bethesda games for now.

Kidfried

JJ2

@Kidfried
Dont worry too much. What they make exclusive will be GaaS. That's what they go for IMO

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried I'm kinda in the same boat as you. The only major tentpole Bethesda franchise I used to follow was Wolfenstein, and I say "used to" because The New Colossus disappointed me so bitterly. They'd already done themselves out of a sale.

It's something I don't mind walking away from. The new IPs are a bit more of a blow, but I can't bring myself to get upset about (potentially) missing what is, at the moment, a total unknown.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Octane

I've never really enjoyed Bethesda's games, so this doesn't make a difference to me. I'm not really into shooters, and ES & Fallout are so broken at times, they don't even look like they're worth my time.

Octane

Col_McCafferty

Well I'm kind of gutted as I loved Skyrim and was curious about Starfield BUT both releases are many many years in particular TES VI so this doesn't prevent the PS5 from being my prefered choice next gen.

Col_McCafferty

JJ2

I cant haha

TheFrenchiestFry

@Col_McCafferty Simple fix: Buy a PC and get instant access to literally every Xbox game

Stuff like what happened today is why PC is just such a viable platform every gen and can easily coexist with consoles

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry That’s been my thinking for years. I had Nintendo and PC but with how great PS4 exclusives were, I ended up getting a PS4. Not sure about PS5 yet, dunno if it’ll be worth it for now.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Col_McCafferty

@TheFrenchiestFry PC gaming isn't for everyone and tbh if I did buy one all I'm likely to play on it would be Football Manager!

I just want to switch my box on, put in a disk or select a title from the hard drive and play a quality sp game. The best of these tend to be on PS and no I don't want to wait 3-4 years before able to play the Horizon sequel on PC or the latest offering from Naughty Dog.

PC gaming is for online shooters and grindy strategy games. I don't want to be part of that scene.

😉

Col_McCafferty

Kidfried

@Col_McCafferty @TheFrenchiestFry @nessisonett Read so many comments on here to "simply get a pc". Aside from the fact that I'd rather play on a console anyway... but just wanted to say that a PC is not a simple solution. It's not cheap and takes up more space.

Kidfried

Col_McCafferty

@Kidfried I tend to agree. Cost is one issue, space can be another if you intend to use it as a PC as well as a gaming 'console'.

Neither Starfield nor TES VI are due out anytime soon so I guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it. If at best these are timed exclusives anyway then that works for me although not ideal.

Or perhaps they'll mess things up and turn both into GaaS titles in which case we PS fanboys won't be missing out on much anyway.

😜

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

The cheapest option would to be get an Xbox Series S if you absolutely had to play a game exclusive to the platform. @Col_McCafferty @Kidfried

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic