Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 4,712

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I could see myself getting an Xbox later on in the gen. Did that during the PS3/360 era as well.

Kidfried

Jaz007

It would have been hilarious if Sony already had done the Starfield deal. Just for that I’m almost sad it didn’t already happen.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I got a Switch this gen, but i hardly ever use it these days. Think that has taught me a lesson that I only really need one console at a time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Col_McCafferty Football Manager’s on Game Pass PC 😜

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

SirAngry

@TheFrenchiestFry I'm pretty much the same, mostly PC, PS and Switch for exclusives and the odd multi-plat I really love.

SirAngry

Col_McCafferty

@JohnnyShoulder Not if I can only afford one console then I have to choose.

I'm still leaning heavily towards PS5 despite today's announcement.

Col_McCafferty

TheFrenchiestFry

@SirAngry Switch I have used for stuff like legacy content such as collections and re-releases as well as a lot of indie stuff, but in terms of AAA content it's pretty much only for exclusives like Smash, Odyssey and Astral Chain

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Jaz007

I play most stuff on PS unless it’s only elsewhere (Switch or PC) or there’s a really good reason like mods (Elders Scrolls for example) on PC. For most games stuff and PS, It’s just more convenient, easier to play online, don’t have to worry about losing other application online on PC, rest mode works great and isn’t simple or nice on PC. I also don’t have to worry about the technical side where I have to look Up an issue and see if I can fix it somehow or mess with PC setting to maximize everything after overcoming an issue.
I also have more invested in my PS set up (separate TV and monitor, TV is nicer) and value PS exclusives more than PC ones, making that worth it in its own way.

Jaz007

SirAngry

@TheFrenchiestFry I love Astral Chain. That is all!!!

Yeah, my Switch is mostly Nintendo first party stuff and exclusives.

SirAngry

Wake13

Unrelated news but I'm super happy the PS5 has a Kensington Security Slot, No problem of security for me when travelling with the PS5 when the time comes

Wake13

TheFrenchiestFry

@SirAngry Astral Chain is probably the best third party exclusive on the system now that Dragon Quest XI S is going multiplat in December no cap

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

MightyDemon82

Any idea when we will be able to pre order games for this new monster?

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 In the UK you already can depending on the site. Shopto were definitely taking orders for games last week.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

I was listening to the Sacred Symbols + podcast last night, and they were talking about what Sony could do in response to MS buying Zenimax. They mentioned buying the following studios:
Bluepoint
From Software
Housemarque
And also the IP from Konami (Silent Hill, PES, Castlevania, Metel Gear Solid etc)

Sony obviously can't compete with MS blow for blow, but i think these acquisitions make sense. Whether they are possible or not is another matter, and Sony would have to be in talks for weeks and months as these things don't just happen overnight. And I can just as easily see Sony just doing nothing lol.

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder cheers, still plenty time to get one or two before the console s even out though!

All Sony really have to do is continue to make great games, I can't wait for all the sequels to the PS4 games and the potential for brand new IP's is going to be very exciting indeed!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

Anti-Matter

Used to be PS1 and PS2 have a lot Japan Exclusive games and some of the games are very unusual / quirky. Also, ssed to be Sony likes to experiment with quirky games such as Bravo Music, My Street, Mr. Mosquito, etc.
But since PS3 era, all those quirky Japanese games gone and became Westernization until now.
I miss that quirky Sony era.
Where are the Japanese developers that used to be contributed quirky games ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I think Sony will end up buying Housemarque at some point. Housemarque has been struggling financially. What we've seen over the last few years is that many studios that are struggling to keep their heads above water independently (Double Fine, Ninja Theory, Obsidian) happily give up their financial independency, to have a chance at regaining some creative independency. That's what each of them has been telling us in their press release: thanks to Microsoft they can now make the games they want again, without having to make compromises because of a lack of money.

Bluepoint's latest work has all been for Sony. I don't know what Bluepoint, Sony or the gamer has to gain from Sony buying Bluepoint right now.

I never get the Sony should buy From Software talks. Seems a bit ignorant to mention even. From Software is not an independent studio, they are a part of Kadokawa. Unless some strange restructuring happens on their part (unlikely), or they have a Kojima-like situation, I can't think of any reason Kadokawa would want to sell a profit making, GOTY-earning studio.

(I think IF Sony wants to respons to Microsoft in a meaningful way, they should attempt to buy Square Enix. It's a way smaller company than Zenimax, but it would make a huge impact on their position on the gaming market if they were to acquire it. Also Sony has already quite a lot of big deals going on with them anyway.

It's not going to happen, and I hope it won't. But it's fun to speculate.)

Kidfried

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder
I think if the were to buy From Software, that would be pretty huge, certainly in my eyes. Would be surprised if they bought an ip from Konami but you never know.

LieutenantFatman

Rudy_Manchego

From Soft would be a clever acquistion since their games have incredible brand loyalty and are very much 'for gamers' which is on brand for them. Also, I would wet myself for Bloodborne 2.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic