Forums

Topic: Hades.

Posts 121 to 140 of 201

Voltan

@render I thought that might catch you off guard after your previous comments but I didn’t want to say anything that might’ve discouraged you

On my last run last night, I had a pretty bad (by my current standards anyway) build and died just a few hits away from escaping. Would’ve made it if I hadn’t died once already literally just before landing the final hit on the Elysium heroes 🤷‍♂️

Voltan

Westernwolf4

@render Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. Last night I finally did it-cleared the final boss twice in a row before it was time for bed. I was so happy after getting so close a few other times!

I encourage you to keep going whenever you feel like playing again. I really like what happens after you defeat the boss-it is really worth continuing. And, if an old gamer with limited skill and reflexes like me can do it, it means you will be wrecking the game in no time. Keep at it, best of luck and happy gaming!

Not that you need my advice, but something that helped me: There is a contractor upgrade you can get that increases your health gage by 5 every time you pick up darkness-not just heals you, but actually increases your health pool for that run. It means I have been getting to the final with over 300 health, especially when I pair it with the Dionysis Boon that fully heals you at every fountain. I have found that extremely helpful. You need to unlock the big contractor table (another renovation project) to gain access to it.

Edited on by Westernwolf4

Westernwolf4

Westernwolf4

@Jackpaza0508 I am glad you are liking the game! Magera was really hard for me in the beginning too, but now I can't wait to fight her because it is a boss fight where there is actually lots of room to move and evade. My advice: move around the room a lot, hit her after she attacks/dashes and you dodge, then keep moving around the room until she attacks/dashes again. Repeat. And watch out for those stupid spike traps!

Westernwolf4

Jackpaza0508

@Westernwolf4 Since I last posted, I beat Meg, moved on to the next area and died in lava because I thought I would just respawn in the area I was in haha. Gotta beat her again now!

He/Him

Westernwolf4

@Jackpaza0508 Excellent! Asphodel is the worst because of the lava, which seems to always be a magnet for my dash.

Westernwolf4

Voltan

The lava doesn't hurt you if you dash back out of it quickly!

Voltan

render

@Voltan To be honest I’m not sure it would have made a difference knowing but I might have been a touch more careful towards the end 😆.

@Westernwolf4 Well done on getting a clear or two. It must feel good to have got a few clears under your belt. I’ll definitely be playing again soon but having a break until the weekend. Thanks for the tip on the house contractor. I must have missed that one so will look out for it 👍

@Jackpaza0508 The lava is annoying to start with but you’ll soon get used to it. It can actually be quite useful if you use stubborn defiance, haven’t had to use it that encounter and you’re below the amount of health SD would recover you. You can just step into the lava, die and get your health back up. You can also knock enemies into it if you have a knock back boon.

render

Westernwolf4

@Voltan I know, but sometimes in the chaos of a fight and all the dashing around, I don't even realize I am in a lava bath until it is too late!

Westernwolf4

Westernwolf4

@render Thanks again for the kind words, and let us know when you have vanquished that boss!

The house contractor upgrade I am talking about is called "Pitch Black Darkness", which unlocks as a possible purchase after purchasing the "Contractor Desk Deluxe." As I noted above, the upgrade means that every time you claim darkness as a chamber reward, 5 is added to your health bar. By purchasing this upgrade, going in darkness chambers and also prioritizing Centaur hearts, I often get to the end with 350 or so of health (as I also said above it is great with the Dionysis boon, since the healing fountain near the final boss will restore that large pool of health fully if you have it).

There are certainly other ways to do this (one of the great things about the game is that there are many viable boons and builds) but this has worked really well for me in my successful (and many less successful!) runs. The contractor upgrade where getting a nectar as a chamber reward raises the level of one of your boons is also super helpful if you haven't purchased it yet.

Westernwolf4

Shigurui

Managed to get clear runs with every weapon earlier. Kudos to anybody that mains that bow. Man, that thing is truly horrible. Never again!

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

Westernwolf4

@Shigurui

I thought I was the only one that dislikes the bow! I have read in a lot of other places that it is the best weapon in the game, but I hate using it. That and the railgun are both weapons I don't like.

Westernwolf4

Voltan

@Shigurui @Westernwolf4 I had some good loadouts with both of those. For the rail gun I had an upgrade that made the grenade 300% stronger and have a bigger blast area but could hurt me. It was easy enough to avoid, I only hit myself a few times. Also had and upgrade that would make the regular bullets ricochet from one enemy to another.

For the bow I think I had one that I could just hold attack and it would auto fire (and probably something more).
They both require different general approaches but I don’t mind them

The shield got me my first escape but then I think I used it the least.

Voltan

Westernwolf4

@Voltan I am really glad you have enjoyed them. I only have two clears-both with the shield-but the only time I have reached the final boss with the bow was with the auto fire weapons upgrade you described, and once with the railgun using a weapons upgrade that let me fire multiple special grenade attacks at once. Those were cool runs, but without proper help from the hammer I am hopeless with those weapons.

Westernwolf4

Voltan

@Westernwolf4 they definitely need the upgrades. The gun’s damage output kinda sucks

Voltan

nessisonett

The rail is ludicrously good if you get the right boons and hammers. Triple special along with rockets, stacked with Artemis boons meant I beat the final boss in a couple of minutes.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

I beat a run! I used the sword, it's my favorite weapon. Now there still is so much to do... This game can be overwhelming!

Kidfried

Shigurui

@Westernwolf4 @Voltan - I tend to opt for a close up melee/dash attack build with a lot of crit so the gauntlets have become my go-to weapon. The bow just falls flat for my playstyle. I'm sure that thing could be ridiculous in the right hands though, just not mine.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

Westernwolf4

@Shigurui Same. I need to try some of the other weapons more, but my play style so far has always been pumping up dash strike damage and crit. The Fists are great for that-first time I got tot he final boss was with them.

Westernwolf4

Westernwolf4

@Kidfried Yay! Congrats! I think the sword is great too. I like the special attack.

Westernwolf4

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.