Forums

Topic: Hades.

Posts 141 to 160 of 201

Shigurui

@DertieBertie - I'm working towards the epilogue myself. How many relationships have you fully maxed out with the Olympians? I'm currently on 5 of 6 required to trigger the next part of the questline.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

Voltan

Took more damage than I should have (healed 100% of it in the next chamber though) but this shows how ridiculously good some builds can get

Final boss was even quicker but I died once

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Voltan Nice. I want that kind of build 😉.

I could see you’d got some rifts going on as well as a bit of lightning. Was it just luck that you ended up with that build or did you have a plan?

render

Voltan

@render Part luck, part selecting the right boons out of the 3 options, I suppose. I kinda focused on rooms that had boons from gods I was already in contact with, when possible.

This what I had going:

• From Hermes: the ability to do more dashes in a row (+3, so 5 total)
  • From Poseidon: damage and knockback on dash
  • Also from Poseidon: knockback also causes Rupture (damage over time)
  • Duo boon from Poseidon and Zeus - knockback also causes lightning strikes
  • From Zeus: lightning causes enemies to be Jolted (additional damage)

Basically I was doing tons of damage just by dashing.

My cast created the Ares rifts and I had a boon that made it larger and a legendary boon (I think you need to complete a specific task to make it available) that made it increase damage on consecutive hits.
And my call was from Zeus.
Also a couple upgrades to the sword so it wasn't too bad either.

Voltan

Shigurui

@DertieBertie - From what I've read it takes 6 fully maxed Olympian Gods, I'm still on 5. I can't unlock Poseidon's last heart no matter what I do, even though I've met all his requirements and Aphrodite won't unlock until I've completed all 3 romances. I've done 2 but Nyx's conversation RNG is holding me up for the 3rd. So now I'm maxing Hermes' keepsake as I believe that will unlock his final heart (my 6th) and move the entire quest along.

I love this game but man it's RNG and grind are a bit much at times. Congrats on your platinum btw, nicely done!

Voltan

Holy sh*t there's so much to do in this game

On my last run I almost escaped with the hidden aspect of the fists but ate literally one too many stray hits. My next attack would've killed, probably...
Oh well...

Voltan

Westernwolf4

Hades is a lot easier for me than it was just a few weeks ago, and I want to tell everyone why so that they don't struggle to figure it out like I did. I am sure this is obvious to most everyone but: Once I started focusing on trying to get Duo Boons and other epic boons instead of just grabbing boons I thought would be cool, the fights became a lot easier-particularly the battle against the final boss.

When I started, I thought finding and experimenting with different/random boon effects was one of the fun parts of the game. But I often fell short in escape attempts. So I used the codex to figure out which boons I needed to look for to have some epic/duo boon fueled builds, and now I beat the final boss most of the time. Last night I went into the final battle with Sea Storm (knock back and lighting) and Exclusive Access (which had been giving me Epic Boons since Tartarus) and I cleared the final boss in minutes. The health bar just melted away, and all of my death defiance was still intact.

As I said earlier in the thread, I am far from a skilled player in this or any game. But if you really hunt for effective boons (using codex and keepsake for each god) it makes things so much easier.

Again: I know this is obvious, and has been discussed elsewhere in the thread. I just wanted to post this reminder for anyone who was struggling to get clears like I was. Going for a specific build during each run is really helpful in this game!

Edited on by Westernwolf4

Westernwolf4

Shigurui

@Westernwolf4 - That's solid advice on the boons. I was the same way, just grabbing whatever along the run without having much of a clue lol. Once I sussed it out everything just fell into place. I even got to a 26 clear streak by having a set idea for my build.

@DertieBertie - I finally got the epilogue myself. No idea what happened but I just did a run and when I returned about 5 different prophesies popped up as completed all at once. Nothing had changed with my Olympians but I'll take it. Random game is random.

render

Well I finally made a clear. I’m kind of please with that and looking forward to cracking on a bit more with the story 😀

@Westernwolf4 Nice write up and very good advice, I’ll definitely be checking out the duo combinations to see if I can make some use of those.

render

render

Forgot to add, thanks everyone who has contributed advice and motivation. You are all awesome 👍

render

Westernwolf4

@render Congratulations! Very well done!

And I second what you said in your next post-this thread has been so helpful for playing this great game. Thanks everyone!

Westernwolf4

Shigurui

@render - Hey, well done on the clear man. Congrats!

render

@Westernwolf4 @Shigurui Cheers guys. Making that clear has really opened up the game just like it did with Returnal. In a similar way to Westernwolf4 I've now made 4 straight clears with different weapons and everything up to the last boss has pretty much become a formality. I now can't believe I struggled so much as to be quite honest it's not like the boons have changed massively, I think it's just my confidence in that battle has increased and I know I can do it 😀

render

Kidfried

Hades is the gift that keeps on giving for me. At first I was afraid the difficulty would have a major spike after escaping for the first time, but the aspect upgrades made all of it just a lot of fun.

A run takes about half an hour to 45 minutes for me, and at the moment I only have time to do one escape a day. It's great having a game that is perfect for a short session, but on the other hand there is still so much I still need to unlock that I'm afraid I'll be playing this game until my 70th birthday.

Anyway, great game. I really appreciate how the game rewards you for doing something a certain way, instead of purely judging you for whether you escape or not.

Kidfried

render

@Kidfried Well done on your continued escape attempts. I've been doing the same and mixing it up with the different weapons / upgrades etc. I left a run saved last night where I'd got the bow with a killer build so I'm hoping to make a successful attempt with that later having failed with that weapon so far.

I've still to get the complete story as well and have enjoyed the reveal so far. I think I've got quite a bit to do before I hear it all though.

render

Westernwolf4

Good Morning,

Does anyone have any tips about doing well with the rail gun? I am at a point where I can beat the final boss with every weapon (I am still bad at the game, but persistence pays off!) but the gun. It just feels so awkward to use with the reload, and Elysium is usually as far as I can get. I really want to have at least one clear with every weapon!

I am at work so won't be able to respond till later, but thanks in advance for any tips! I have gotten a lot out of this thread in terms of enjoying this fantastic game, and it is very appreciated.

Westernwolf4

Voltan

@Westernwolf4 use the special as often as you can, and shoot the regular bullets in between

Voltan

render

@Westernwolf4 You've done well if you can beat the game with the blade or the bow then as both of those I've struggled with.

The rail gun though I've managed to do and I'm pretty sure I used the following:

Aspect of Eris from the weapon aspects - For 4 seconds after absorbing your Special's blast, deal more damage
Hazard Bomb from the hammer upgrades - Your Special deals +300% base damage in a large area, but can hurt you.
Curse of Pain from Ares boons - Your Special inflicts Doom

I had a number of other things including the Athena boon to deflect on dash but those above are the ones that I noticed really helped cut through things quickly. As you can see they are focused on the special so I was mainly using that and dash attack to cause some minor damage while getting clear of things. Because of the Hazard Bomb upgrade you have to get clear of where your special is going to land though so it does get a bit more of a challenge in confined spaces such as near the end.

Hope that helps.

render

R1spam

I've just finished my first clear of the game after 33 previous attempts!! My heart was almost pounding out my chest. Used the rail gun with Athena boon to deflect, upgraded for infinite ammo, special to do 5 bombs with aphrodite boon for week and poseiden tidal dash. You would think after that many runs I would have had enough but I'm very close to just jumping straight back in. What a game! If my switch didn't have joycon drift before it might now after how tense I was for the final boss!!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

render

@R1spam Good effort. It took me 49 before I got a clear and then it was like opening the floodgates. I was able to make clears with any and pretty much any combo of boons. Hopefully that’s going to be the same for you as the game only gets better from there.

I’ve finally got the platinum for this just tonight. Had two trophies left and did them in consecutive runs. It’s been a really fun game though and I might carry on playing a bit more every now and then. I’ve particularly enjoyed interacting with the different characters and slowly unlocking the story. There were a few times when it seemed like that was going to be it but then there would be something else to unlock that then started another thread.

Also really enjoyed the way the heat stuff works and that you can experiment with the various modifiers to keep the game going and push the challenge. There’s still plenty more heat I can add but I think I’m starting to reach the limits of what I can handle. Very impressed with anyone who can carry on to 32 though 😆

render

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.