Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 2,024

Mega-Gazz

Has anyone commented on how bad the preorder bonus is? I guess the gesture will make the plat easier?

Mega-Gazz

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Demon's Souls is the easiest out of all the Souls games I reckon, so I reccomend going there next if you fancy some Souls action again. Whenever that may be.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

Dunno if anyone here plays on PC, but Elden Ring is up for pre-purchase for $47.99 on Green Man Gaming.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I think I’ve finally got to the point where I’d rather buy games on console than PC. My laptop’s now 3 and a bit years old with a GTX 1060 and just an HDD so new games aren’t running at their full potential, whereas the PS5 is pretty state of the art. There’ll be certain games I’ll stick to on PC, strategy games and the like but most big ones I’ll be after the PS5 version. Unfortunately it means I’ll be stuck to PS Store prices!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Oh man, it's been SO worth transitioning to an SSD on PC. Gaming is better, of course, but it makes the basic activity of operating the computer so much more pleasant. I could never go back to a mechanical hard drive.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’ve been contemplating going to an SSD but I haven’t had to crack open this laptop at all and it’s been kinda nice not having to deal with that. Everything just works and I absolutely would be fundamentally screwed if anything went wrong at all. That’s why I haven’t moved to Windows 11 as well, it was hard enough setting up work environments on Windows 10 without all the compatibility issues a new OS brings. I’d install Linux but I like the convenience of Windows and besides, all the snooty people at uni use it 😛

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah @nessisonett We got new laptops with SSD's this time last year. So much better even for general work stuff. Will defo get one for my own laptop which apparently is not compatible with Windows 11. I hardly use it though, so not sure if I'll get a new one.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore ,thoughts on Godrick the Golden's difficulty as a boss? Some people on reddit and fextralife are comparing him to Gael but saying he's even more aggressive...and they're also saying (whilst citing Bandai Namco, the ER twitter, interviews etc.) that he is an early boss, and the weakest of the demigods. While I'm sure this isn't enough to put you off as a Souls veteran, don't you think the difficulty will be too much for even a lot of less experienced Souls players, if a Gael-style boss is one we meet early on in the game, with more difficult bosses lying in wait?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman it excites me more than anything mate, almost all of my favourite memories from From Soft games are derived from the most difficult bosses. Ludwig, Orphan, Gael, Nameless King, Owl Father… the list goes on. The journey from feeling it’s an impossible task, to starting to understand the patterns, to being able to capitalise… and ultimately to succeed… it’s gaming at its best.

It might put some people off… but it’s not as if there aren’t an almost Incalculable amount of other games out there for people put off by difficulty or the ‘souls-formula’… or what ever else people will complain about.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Yeah I think I know what you mean, it was the best feeling ever when I finally took down Ludwig in Bloodborne, hopefully the game will be as Miyazaki describes it "very difficult...but manageable". (I'm paraphrasing) With manageable being the key word in that sentence.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore On a related note - you should always be able to summon help from a potentially superior player (if necessary) for the first year or so after release.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah good point, there is normally a trophy or two where you need to get summoned into somebody’s boss fight and help them defeat the boss too. Loads of my PSN mates were met through me putting down a summon sign, as I needed to earn a particular status within a covenant and such. Good times.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

This looks more like a Bethesda type glitch

Other stuff;

Thrillho

Ralizah

Adding jump buttons are all the rage these days. BotW was, I believe, the first game where Link had a dedicated jump button. SMT V is the first time in that series where your character can jump as well.

We all Mario now!

nessisonett

@Ralizah Link could technically jump with the feather or cape in several 2D games!

JohnnyShoulder

Oooooh a big map.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I watched (well listened) to a few vids while I’ve been churning-out MGS4 playthroughs. Sounds (& looks from the odd glimpse I shot across to my I-pad) amazing… which was obviously expected. It actually looks more Soulsey than even I expected (🤫 & that is no bad thing as far as I’m concerned 😉).

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic