Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 2,024

Voltan

I have the countdown playing in the background and the music is pretty good

Voltan

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman I wish it looked less like yet another Souls game. I love the idea of the open world and the dungeons and stuff, I just hoped for a bit more improvement on the combat side of things. Would have been nice to see a leap forward on the animation side of things instead of the same stilted Dark Souls animations.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I can’t watch it till tonight but I’m definitely looking forward to checking it out!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Cool, let me know what you think! @nessisonett Don't you think that it's expecting a bit much of consumers to ask them to play what is essentially the same game another time? I don't think I'll be playing it as I don't want to play what largely appears to be DS3 with a few add-ons again.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman Honestly, a lot of Souls fans really do just want the same general structure over and over again. I get it, those games are great, but part of me was hoping for more of a new start with Elden Ring. Especially since Demon’s Souls delivered that ‘classic’ Souls gameplay just last year.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

Not sure what these complaints are about it being the same game or too similar 🤔

How is it largely DS3 with a few add ons?

Is Gran Turismo 7 largely GT6 with a few add ons? Resident evil 2 is Resident Evil 1 with a few add ons? Sonic 2 is Sonic 1 with a few add ons?

Its a genre of games, of course there will be loads of similarities.

It going open world is a huge change. Saying it’s like Dark Souls 3 is like saying BOTW is too similar to Skyward Sword.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman looks great bud, much like what I’m expecting but as a fan of From Soft games, that’s no bad thing as far as I’m concerned.

Something I imagine people will pile on about (together with the fact that it is still very ‘From) is that it clearly looks quite last gen… and it’s only fitting really as it was being developed for PS4 and xbone.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Just ordered it. 😁 Never got one of these before.

@kyleforrester87 Yeah I don't get it either. It looks to be different enough from the previous games to me whilst still retaining some of that same Souls formula. There are plenty of other Souls-like games out there if people think it aren’t enough wide spread changes.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah i saw that. Think that's a bit too geeky even for me! 🤓

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Oooooh, nice map!

Voltan

Apparently there's another limited edition available in Europe, Middle East and Africa
Untitled

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman watched it finally. I think it looks excellent! The open world aspect is a massive alteration to the formula, and after seeing it in action, I can’t hardly wait to explore The Lands Between. February can’t come soon enough.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I watched the original trailer and then some of the gameplay video. It does look good. And although it has a fresh new excitement to it, I’m not sure I’ll jump in at day 1. We’ll have to see what the reviews and community response is, but I’ll still prioritize Dark Souls 3 or Demon’s Souls first before trying this. But I don’t know, I might be sold on it when the hype ramps up! It’s possible that it ends up being a better entry point for the Souls novices like me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic