Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 301 to 320 of 793

Mega-Gazz

So far, I’ve found the bosses in demon’s souls fairly easy - I’m not sure if it is my having played so much souls games, or just the evolution of the series... I had the same thing with DS remaster.... I’ll have to go back to DS3 after and see how it is, or maybe ds2 which I never go the plat for.

Mega-Gazz

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I'm doing a Kratos build in DS3 at the moment, quite pleased with it. Good luck with Code Vein!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Mega-Gazz Would you say DS3 is the hardest then? As it's modeled after Bloodborne.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Mega-Gazz

Draco_V_Ecliptic wrote:

@Mega-Gazz Would you say DS3 is the hardest then? As it's modeled after Bloodborne.

Hardest? Probably Sekiro. But sticking to souls games, yea DS3 or Bloodborne.

I disagree that DS3 is modelled after Bloodborne though, the two are quite different, e.g. estus healing. Also Bloodborne basically has much more limited build types compared to DS3.

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

kyleforrester87 wrote:

That’s Dark Souls 2 done! Enjoyed it a lot. On to Dark Souls 3 💪🏻

2 was my first one, I still need to get the plat.

Demon’s souls though, has a stupid plat with needing to get pure white character tendency AND pure black.

Mega-Gazz

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 The dlc for DS2 is very good, I found it much better then the main game. Some hard as nails boss fights though!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@Mega-Gazz

@kyleforrester87

The DLC’s on all of the souls games (including Bloodborne) are probably the best parts of all of the games. The Ringed City and Old Hunters are probably my favourite areas and include my favourite boss fights of all souls-likes.

**** DLC!

kyleforrester87

Yeah I hear that, but after playing the base game I just want to move on to something else before fatigue sets in. Do want to go back to the DLC though!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

colonelkilgore

@kyleforrester87

Fair, the DLC fights of Ludwig and Orphan from Bloodborne... and Darkeater Midir from Dark Souls 3 though!

I find that I normally one shot souls bosses, that or two or three attempts at the most. The three that I mentioned above must’ve taken around 20 to 25 attempts each (maybe more).

Then there is Owl Father from Sekiro (not to be mistaken with Great Shinobi Owl) HE almost broke me... I must’ve died around 50 times. I started at 8am and finally beat him around 7pm at night, the relief and accomplishment was unreal.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Mega-Gazz

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@kyleforrester87 The dlc for DS2 is very good, I found it much better then the main game. Some hard as nails boss fights though!

Totally. Once you get that crown for doing all of them you don’t want to give it up, but its time for another NG cycle

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@Mega-Gazz ah I have no desire to try to platinum these games lol. To be fair I have the DLC to do yet. Maybe I’ll go back to that.

Well especially if you’re doing them back-to-back like you seem to be. That’s a lot.

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I really am not a fan of DS2 and its strange pacing and stuff but the DLC is seriously quite good. It took me another NG cycle to beat Sir Alonne!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett

Yeah DS2 definitely feels like the unwanted step child of the Souls series when playing though (particularly that first time) due to how different it looks, feels and even plays (bloody roll I£frames dictated by a stat be damned). Having gone through a few ng+’s on each of the games though, I now look back quite fondly on DS2 for how different and quirky it is compared to 1 & 3.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@phil_j It’s been alright so far, it’s not really a Souls-like though. It takes some elements from the series but plays more like a strict action RPG, although combat feels quite glancing and imprecise. It’s a strange game but I am enjoying it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett

Let me know what you think of The Virgin Born once you fight it... I mentioned a few bosses from, erm... From Soft games earlier which I considered to be the toughest challenges. I think The Virgin Born was very difficult also (probably the only boss in Code Vein that caused me any headaches... but what a headache!).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Mega-Gazz The speed of combat and enemies in DS3 is similar to that of Bloodborne, but I agree with you that there are key differences.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic