Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 281 to 300 of 793

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Congratulations on beating the game. How does False King Allant compare to the Abyss Watchers & Pontiff Sulyvahn in DS3?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Thanks. No boss in Demon's Souls was as hard as those bosses, for me anyway The only one I had problems with was Flamelurker, and probably could have beaten him with a bit more patience.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder I found Ed and the armor spider, just have to prepare myself now to take out that and the tower knight. Nothing beats running into a boss unprepared with thousands of souls 😂

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Cool. Luckily the archstone ain't that far away from it, especially compared to the others. 4-2 is a killer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

Didn’t get to play as much DS2 as I hoped yesterday but have been playing this afternoon. I’ve done the Iron Keep etc. and beaten the final boss there, I am in The Black Gulch now so not far until the 4th and final main boss I think. Then I guess there is an ending section, not sure how long that is. I only had 5 hours sleep and am wiped out from a bike ride so I don’t think I have anymore in me today 😴😴😴

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 How did you find the section leading up to Smelter Knight? That’s probably my least favourite area in any Souls game 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett it was okay to be honest, what was the issue you had? I had some problems with the boss so checked a walkthrough and realised you could burn the windmill to make it significantly easier. That was really obtuse and I wouldn’t have figured it out on my own. But the rest was fine, I got through it in one session!

Had a bit more trouble in the Gutter to be honest, the poison dart statues are just annoying. The Gulch isn’t shaping up to be any better either lol

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 The roughly 25 knights that chase you around the map were the main problem. They aggro really easily and can go to basically the whole of Iron Keep. Then some of them are ranged which means you need to avoid the arrows flying at you while running away from the million knights. And then even when you get past the bridge there’s the massive knights who stand completely in the way. And then one lucky hit can send you flying into the lava. I hate that area. I hated it in the original, I hate it even more in SOTFS.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Ahh, I’ve never really bothered with ranged attacks in Souls games. I usually use greatswords or ultra greatswords but in my last playthrough I used the Estoc which I really enjoyed using. I find the different arrows and stuff quite fiddly when I could just stab things in the face.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 In DS2 I usually kept a Crystal rapier thing that could shoot a projectile as its R2 as my secondary. It was pretty useful but broke quite easily.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett anything to draw out individual enemies is a big advantage. It feels a bit cheesy at times but the game will bend you over a barrel at times so I don’t mind taking a leaf out of its book. I tend not to bother with magic, although I played as a pyro/swordsman in DS3 and remember it was good so I’ll probably do the same this time round.

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I might go back and play DS3 with magic after Code Vein, I’ve never actually used magic or miracles once in any Souls game. It just looks really complicated compared to poking things with a big stick.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett yeah, my friend is the type to play these games through a few times and he usually does a mage run second go round. It’s not hard once you get your head round it, I understand, and really it seems like a shame to miss out on experiencing these games in such a different way.

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 It’s like Skyrim, I’ll start out trying to do something different and then somehow find myself as a stealth archer for the millionth time without really knowing how I ended up there. I’m not sure whether to go for Dark Souls Remastered or 3 first as a mage, perhaps Remastered as I beat 3 relatively recently.

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett wrote:

@kyleforrester87 It’s like Skyrim, I’ll start out trying to do something different and then somehow find myself as a stealth archer for the millionth time without really knowing how I ended up there. I’m not sure whether to go for Dark Souls Remastered or 3 first as a mage, perhaps Remastered as I beat 3 relatively recently.

I tried to make Zuko as a pyromancer in ds3 but ended up just building out for melee.

Mega-Gazz

JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@nessisonett i can’t imagine not having a trusty bow! I wouldn’t want to have it as my main, I tend to go for a classic sword and shield.

@kyleforrester87 Same here!

I tried magic when I first played Dark Souls on 360 but could never get to grips with it. Think i must have tied 5 different builds before I settled on what i finished the game with.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’ve been playing Code Vein for now which is pretty much a Souls-like so I’ll go back to it probably after that!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic