Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 2,802

Rudy_Manchego

@Anti-Matter Great game - I played it through to get the platinum trophy. So much fun and it looks gorgeous!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Zuljaras

Last I bought Dishonored Definitive edition and Dishonored 2. They were heavily discounted.

Zuljaras

roberts85

AC Odyssey looking forward to playing after enjoying Origins my PS4 backlog has increased month to month.

roberts85

RogerRoger

Just purchased and downloaded Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy and, thanks to @Ralizah writing nice things about it elsewhere on the forum, DOOM 64.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@Anti-Matter Enjoy Ratchet & Clank PS4! I had never played any of the previous one, but I thought it was very enjoyable. A bit on the shorter side perhaps, but lots of witty fun dialogue and weapons to keep you entertained throughout.

@Zuljaras Love the first Dishonored! Getting it at a heavy discount is nothing but a steal. I hope you get along well with it, and I'd love to hear your thoughts when you give it a go.

Tjuz

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Great! Be sure to update with your impressions when you get around to it. Tonally, it's the most horror-esque traditional game in the series (i.e. not DOOM 3), but that's mostly down to use of color, music, and sound design. There's really no more viscera in this than there is in any of the other old DOOM games.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

LieutenantFatman

Had a go on the FF7 and Resi 3 demos. Both great fun, has me hyped up for them. Although I think it's fair to say Resi is the winner if you have a spectator watching, as the combat is more immediate and fluid. And nailing those dodges feels awesome.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Yeah, I did watch its trailer on PSN before going through with the purchase, just to be sure. I got those classic vibes and, as a piece of gaming history which passed me by, you'd gotten me curious!

Might be a while before I get around to trying it as, alongside it, I also downloaded Marvel's Spider-Man (which could be my next big undertaking after Resident Evil, depending on my mood) but I'll be sure to tag you with some thoughts when I eventually do.

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

Outer Wilds. But the download takes 50 minutes.

Octane

Scuba90Steve

Recently got Elite Dangerous. I have learned the basics of flight, combat, and mining. just need to join a faction. 29 m usa. Scuba90Steve.

Scuba90Steve

RogerRoger

My thanks to @Kidfried this time...

Untitled

I specifically went looking for it last night, after your platinum post the other day, and was glad I did. It's currently included in a batch of PSN discounts and therefore only cost £2.49 so it doesn't even matter if I end up hating it (which I'm pretty sure I won't).

It'll be a while before I get around to it, but I'll tag you in my thoughts as / when I do.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I am reaaaaaally interested in whether it is your cup of tea or turns you off. Sometimes I seem to think to know exactly what you like, and then other moments your taste in games can be extremely surprising.

Looking forward to those thoughts. Oh, and 2.50 is a steal indeed!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Well, reading the small print in the logo there, I've played Grim Fandango on PS Vita before and (despite having to use a guide towards the end) really enjoyed its unique tone and humour. Never played Day of the Tentacle, but I know of it.

Of course, that means nothing because, as you say, I'm all over the map, me.

Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

Just got this in the mail:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

One day early as well, which is nice! The steelbook looks so good and the art inside the case looks great too. I'm really glad that I bought the launch edition, it was definitely worth it. Can't wait to start delving into the game! I really need a game like Persona right now.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Very nice! Hope the game's as fantastic as its packaging!

Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

@RogerRoger So far it's pretty good! I've noticed numerous changes in my first hour of playing and it's great fun trying to pick out what's different. Since I played through the first 10-20 hours multiple times back in 2017, as well as watched them on YouTube, I can pick out the smallest of details, such as an important character walking in the overworld at the start of the game that didn't do so in the original version, or newly added lines to what it otherwise the same scene from the original game. I think that matters a lot since most people who play through it (who have played the original) might just skim through the game and miss out on these details thinking that the changes are minor.

While I haven't fully confirmed the meaning behind those aforementioned lines, I feel like they are significant enough since they may be referring to a new character in the game. In that case, those lines would serve as backstory to that person, so one should definitely pay attention to this kind of stuff!

KratosMD

mookysam

Resisting playing Persona 5 is going to be difficult! Although it's probably in my mailbox, actually playing it will have to wait as I won't finish such a big game before Final Fantasy VII Remake is out. Really looking forward to starting it. The original Persona 5 is amazing and this looks even better!

Thank you NHS

PSN: mookysam

KratosMD

@mookysam I'm in the same position as you are now, I'm also planning on playing FF7R but I also want to play P5R. Personally though, I see no reason to why I shouldn't play the game right now since FF7R comes out in 10 days and I can enjoy a good chunk of the game in that time. Also since I've already played the original P5, I won't have trouble remembering what has occurred up until my recent save point if I decide to take a break and return to it after some time. In fact, I think the best way to experience a Persona game is to play it in chunks across a long time period because it'd be too boring playing only one game for several months straight. It's also the perfect game to play on the side as you play other games as your main ones. And since I've already finished the original game once, I'm in no rush to finish this one. I just think it's better to take your time and enjoy the game in bits to make it a more digestible experience compared to other games.

KratosMD

Davehunt

My Latest purchases are.

Control - I have heard a lot of good things about Control from friends so I thought I'd buy it and check it out.

Resident Evil 3 - I've tried the Demo and enjoyed it so Pre-Ordered it.

Davehunt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic