Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 4,206

Th3solution

@KratosMD That's unfortunate. The very purpose of pre-order is to ensure you get the game at release and avoid the pitfalls of release day shortages. I have good luck with preorders usually.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KratosMD I usually buy my games from an actual "brick-and-mortar" store rather than online, but have had no problem with preordering online a few times as well. Sometimes online saves a little money. I had usually shopped around for who offered the best preorder bonus, but lately it seems that those bonuses are standardized across all retailers (ex. UC:LL where everyone got Jak & Daxter)
I guess as archaic as it is becoming, I actually enjoy walking into a store and browsing the games, soaking in all the adverstisements, chatting with the workers for a few minutes about games and comparing notes, and then leaving with game in-hand. And actually I often just go to the game store or electronics store just to look around with no intention to buy, perhaps hoping maybe to stumble upon a sale or see something that catches my eye.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@andreoni79 I did the same a week or two ago! What is your opinion on it?

I always liked the game world and gameplay, but I was ultimately a bit disappointed in how long the loading/saving times were in this Definitive Edition. You'd expect that on a PS4 (Pro even), they'd shorten those. I found it made the whole game a lot more cumbersome.

(By the way: I hate it when they call those packages 'definitive'. You just know someone's going to remaster this game again somewhere in the future.)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

andreoni79

@Kidfried Talking about loading times I must say I add to close the game once because it entered in a loading-forever loop, but that was my first and only trouble; otherwise it's a matter of 10/15 seconds. I'm playing it at Hard with no HUD and that helps because even if I remember most of the areas, I sometimes get lost in Dunwall and exploring it it's always a joy.
Graphics are still sexy thanks to the art style and it's a shame they didn't add anything new (lights, shadows, particles effects) since they locked it at 30fps.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

TheLastOfIsh

Pre-ordered the new COD, hopefully WWII means we go back to the glory days of gaming.

TheLastOfIsh

DerMeister

I picked up Infamous Second Son after missing it in PS Plus and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. $25 total, so I didn't break any banks.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ypmud

Fifa 18 which I am enjoying but I feel its lacking that va va voom that PES has had in the past 2 years sigh im in it now so best make do for this year

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

SilentJ

Took advantage of the VR sale and bought:
Pinball FX2 VR with the season 1 and Walking Dead add ons
Mortal Blitz
Here They Lie
I Expect You To Die
Volume
Apollo 11 VR
Statik

There were a bunch more that I wanted but these already cost me over $70 even on sale.

PSN ID : MrPink78

TarekR

The Evil Within 2 and I don't regret it. A great game and simply best survival-horror of 2017.

TarekR

kyleforrester87

After finishing The Evil Within 2 I'm still in the mood for some survival horror so I got Resi Revelations in the Halloween sale just now. Looking forward to getting my Jill on.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Zander1992

Finally got Uncharted: Lost Legacy and beat it ! Great game the usual from naughty dog. Also picked up MvC: infinite loving it so far 👌🏾

Recently went all digital...

PSN: Portofan92

Gamer83

Assassin's Creed: Origins

Gamer83

Tasuki

@KratosMD Been thinking of getting it myself as well, but with me just picking up Super Mario Odyssey and then CoD: WWII here in a few days I don't know when I would have the time to play it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Rudy_Manchego

Just pre-ordered HZD DLC. Given the quality of the first game and the minor price promotion, thought it was worthy of a pre-order. Comes out on the 7th but not sure if I'll get to it in time - I have been neglecting Wolfenstein 2 to play Super Mario Odyssey. Might try and power through my first Wolfenstein play through to make some room.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

Call of Duty: WWII — This is the game I was most hyped for this year, still though with great games like Mario Odyssey, MLB The Show 17, Shadows of War and now CoD: WWII it's going to be hard for me to choose my top game this year.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

spakai

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

spakai

andreoni79

Just got a retail copy of The Surge for € 19.
The game is on sale on the PS store too... € 42!
Let's go physical.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

DaSparkedKnight0

Just got Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. One word: A W E S O M E!!!!
I chose this one over Call of Duty WW2, and I think I made a great choice.

DaSparkedKnight0

Th3solution

At the behest of its vocal fan base around here, I bought Nier Automata. Now just to find the time to play it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic