Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 4,206

LtSarge

Finally caved in and bought Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut for €25. I've been hesitant on whether to buy it now or wait for it to drop in price even more since I don't plan on playing it anytime soon. But as I've mentioned in the past, it's hard to gauge how long these games will be in stock or if they'll continue to drop in price as Sony phases out the PS4. So I figured €25 is a good middle ground and considering it comes with a lot of content and it's the most complete physical edition, I think I'm happy with my purchase.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

So after no update on a PS5 version for a year now, I finally acquiesced and pulled the trigger on Biomutant for £14.99.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Bought Void Bastards coz I found a pre owned copy for £6. Awww backloggery

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

I just picked up all the Naruto Shippunden: Ultimate Ninja Storm games as they’re currently dirt cheap on the store. So while I do like to dip my toes in anime, I know nothing about Naruto, nor anything about the games… apart from that they’re apparently good. If there are any huge Naruto fans out there that wanna give a quick rundown on any info I should know going in, it’d be appreciated.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Just play 'em in order, and you should be okay. The first game doesn't present its story in the best or most accessible way (lots of pre-fight text descriptions) but it'll give you all the context you need before you head into the Shippuden era, which is when the games start doing the story justice.

The first game covers "Part 1" of the manga, which was turned into the Naruto anime series. "Part 2" of the manga takes place after a lengthy time skip, and features sweeping character redesigns, so the anime and its associated media called itself Naruto Shippuden, in order to differentiate itself. The "Part 2" a.k.a. Shippuden story is where things start getting complicated, so it's good that the developer steps up and presents everything as well as they do. "Part 1" is pretty straightforward by comparison.

The gameplay will be the biggest draw, although the first game also features quite a bit of repetition and that, coupled with its average storytelling, might make you worry. Stick with it, though, as it's an easy platinum for those who've got the patience for it, and will make each subsequent game a breeze. The second is really, really good, and the third and fourth are great.

If you need help boosting any of the online trophies (which require at least ten PvP victories, and the hardcore fans who still play online nowadays are ridiculously unbeatable) then let me know.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger thanks for the infodump Rog, sounds like it’ll be a fun and interesting ride… and much obliged about the boosting offer, I might just take you up on it 👊

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Not at all, happy to help. It'll be interesting to see how you get along with the games, and what you make of the characters without the manga or anime as context. Hope you have fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger brill… it’ll probably be a while before I make it to NS:UNS2 but yeah it’s a very kind offer that I won’t be too proud to accept.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Manhunt… I remember one of my mates used to rave about it but for whatever reason, I never gave it a go. Quite intrigued.

**** DLC!

Jaz007

No man’s sky. The game is an experience in VR. I hope it has a day-one PSVR patch.

Jaz007

LtSarge

Just bought Wasteland 2: Director's Cut, Children of Zodiarcs, Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition and Spirit of the North for €20 in total. Felt pretty experimental today as I'm not sure I'll like most of these games. Either way, they were all rather cheap so no huge loss if not all of them connect with me.

LtSarge

I bought the Bioshock: collection at a laughable price (about USD$10 for all the games, including add-ons). Weekends will be busy for the rest of the year with this and the rest of the backlog to catch on.

@LtSarge: Please let me know what you think of Spirit of the North. Kind of curious about it.

Edited on by avatarian

You are a gamer, hold your head up high.

PSN: Avatarian598

sorteddan

@LtSarge
Darkest Dungeon is pretty good but unflinchingly brutal! I never did get around to finishing it, you spend a lot of time rotating parties to get them fully levelled only to lose them all attempting the end dungeons. It may well make you swear more than a couple of times. Definitely give it a go through.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

@avatarian Have you played the games before?

I’d only originally played Infinite on PS3 because it was a PS+ game at the end of that generation’s lifecycle but loved the first two games when I got the Collection on PS4.

Thrillho

LtSarge

@avatarian I probably won't be playing it anytime soon, but I highly recommend reading @RogerRoger's review of Spirit of the North as he talks about it quite well. In fact, it was because of his review that I even had my sights on this game to begin with. Here's a link: https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/user...

@sorteddan Yeah, I can imagine so. That's kinda why I was hesitant in buying it, but I've been watching people play this game and they truly get immersed into it, which piqued my interest. So even if I don't get very far in the game, I think I'd enjoy a brief time with it just to see what the fuss is all about. It was only €5 after all and that includes the Vita version, so now I have another reason to use my Vita!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

@Thrillho Actually I played the first Bioshock on my ol' faithful PS3 back in the day. I really enjoyed that one. I have heard good things about Infinite (besides the infamous ending).

@LtSarge I will check Roger's review as I am kind of curious about the sale.

You are a gamer, hold your head up high.

PSN: Avatarian598

Anti-Matter

Untitled

1. Horse Club Adventures
2. Dodgeball Academia
3. Kitaria Fables

Untitled

Untitled

Only Dodgeball Academia that have booklet inside. The other games have no booklet or just only a sheet of brochure inside.
All the characters in Dodgeball Academia are written in both English and Japanese names.

And for Horse Club Adventures, it was my first girlie horse riding game ever from all my games collection and i will happy to add another girlie horse riding games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Cheque's in the post, my friend.

Seriously, thanks for remembering my review, and I hope you enjoy Spirit of the North. Sounds like you got it for a bargain so, even if it's slightly underwhelming, I'm sure you'll get your money's worth!

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@Anti-Matter I’ve been interested in Kitaria Fables since it released. I think it’s on sale at the moment, so I might have to pick it up.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Anti-Matter

@Bentleyma
Also, Kitaria Fables was an indie game that made by Indonesian 🇮🇩 developer, from my country. 😀
Another Indonesian games on modern consoles that have physical release as well. 😊

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic