Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,681 to 5,700 of 6,465

CJD87

Still pushing forward in Nioh (1) and the trophies keep popping!

Finally found my groove with this game, and the mechanics are really clicking for me. I entered it with a 'Souls' mentality, considering the comparisons often drawn, but IMO this is much more of a loot-based ARPG with some souls-esque elements.

I was getting way too attached to weapons/gear in early game, before quickly learning that pretty much everything you pick up becomes obsolete in about 20 minutes - when you will inevitably pick up something superior!

Also there seems to be far less emphasis on builds and min/max stat allocation... moreso it seems advantageous to actually level up quite 'evenly' across the various statistics (this probably changes in NG+ I guess).

Combat is wild, and probably the best I've ever played. The different stances for each weapon and various combos are excellent, and there seems to be a real depth/flow to each encounter.

Its been a great change of pace, and a tremendous effort from Team Ninja... can't wait to start Nioh 2 after!

My only real complaint is that the difficulty curve is very strange. Early game, and especially initial 2-3 bosses, seems impossible.... but now on Region 5 it is pretty easy. This is totally the opposite of Elden Ring (my experience anyway...) where the late game was massively harder.

But anyway, loving Nioh and can't wait to get to grips with the sequel

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 glad it’s clicked for you… and did you take my advice on the kusarigama after?

**** DLC!

CJD87

@colonelkilgore Yes! Kusarigama is amazing, I moved on to this in region 3 (after I max'd out proficiency on Dual Blades)

Initially I thought the moveset was quite challenging, but it doesn't take long at all to get to grips with.

I love it, and thanks for the tip mate.... it just looks SO damn good as well

CJD87

Th3solution

@ThereThere Night in the Woods is one I’ve looked at getting many times over the last few years. I’ve heard almost exclusive praise for it. It’s a game I’ve stubbornly waiting to see if it will drop on PS Plus rather than purchase it. I might need to just buy it one of these days.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Elodin

Just started Stick of Truth. Fun game in the silly world of South Park. Brings back my D&D roots with the hilarity that only the creators of South Park could manage.

Elodin

RogerRoger

Went looking for story-free (or as near as damn it) games that I could easily scale to fit my schedule, and have ended up split between the mindless throwback Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (questionable content, but a surprisingly loving and capable remaster that's dumb fun in short bursts) and the equally mindless multiplayer button-mashing of Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker (the influx of PS Plus players has made matches a little easier, and I was able to find some helpful strangers to be my back-up for the last of the tricky VR Missions, so my thanks for the silver trophy, whoever you were).

Something tells me that, once I'm done with ol' Duke, I'm gonna be spending a lot of little-and-often time on Shinobi Striker. Might even take a run at its platinum, if I can stand the grind.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@Elodin
Yeah I though that one was much funnier with better story and really did have me laughing more than a few times. Fractured BW is better game play though, are you planning to do both?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Elodin

@sorteddan Yes I plan on playing both. I actually started Fractured first forgetting Stick of truth was first. After 20min in to Fractured I switched. I'm glad to hear the story stays strong in stick of truth.

Elodin

KidRyan

Elodin wrote:

Just started Stick of Truth. Fun game in the silly world of South Park. Brings back my D&D roots with the hilarity that only the creators of South Park could manage.

Fun game that I enjoyed alot on my PS3 back in the day. I plan to replay it via PS4 version on my PS5 before I start playing Fractured But Whole.

Do you still keep up to date on the series? They recently dropped some "TV specials" exclusively on Paramount+.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Elodin

@KidBoruto Sadly I have not watched it since my college days. Late 90s, early 2000s. I am also playing on my ps5 through ps++.

Elodin

Elodin

@KidBoruto wow quite the fan. They are a creative duo that's for sure.

Elodin

KidRyan

@Elodin I get very attached to media and games I like and rarely ever let go...probably has sumthin to do with my autism I've been told.

I'll prob chicken out and just watch recap videos on YouTube though, 20+ seasons is alot to re-watch lol.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

CJD87

@KidBoruto "Make Love, Not Warcraft" is still to this day one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.

CJD87

Decoy_Snake

Elodin wrote:

I love The Stick Of Truth, one of those games that instantly clicked for me. Id recommend giving The Fractured But Whole a shot after another fun slice.

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Decoy_Snake

Tekken 2:

Do I wish it was Tekken 3, yeah it's a much better game but playing this again has thrown me back to the mid-nineties sat around my tiny 14 TV with my mates playing winner stays on. Working through unlocking all the hidden characters.

Bloodborne:

I've gone back for my trimonthly attempt over the weekend and I had a really strong run at it. I beat the Shadows Of Yharnham, Rom, Celestial Emissary, Ebrietas, One Reborn, Amygdala (regular game & chalice dungeon - FINALLY!!) & Martyr Logarius and I'm just wandering up to Micholash now. Also popped the trophy for all the base game weapons so now only 2 for the platinum.

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

MaulTsir

@XandertheWise Me and my son, he was 4 at the time played through all 3 of the Kingdom Hearts, he was about 5 by time we got to number 3, I actually really enjoyed playing them, some frustrating parts on the older 2 and I still really don't have a clue what goes on in the story fully lol but yeah I enjoyed it

MaulTsir

sorteddan

@MaulTsir
I played KH3 with no knowledge of the story of the first two... Oh yeah I was confused from the beginning and it didn't improve throughout!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Anti-Matter

Paw Patrol Adventure City Calls
Untitled

Still at the beginning part.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic