Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,721 to 5,740 of 6,464

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore glad to hear it’s working out for you! I played the heck out of Rogue Spear back in the day but that’s about the only Tom Clancy game I’ve ever played. I still remember this golden FPS trifecta of Rogue Spear, Swat 3 and Counter-Strike (good ole’ LAN parties!) that me and my bros had going on. Good times! I smell a platinum incoming 😄

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer …and I’m glad that you seem to be enjoying AC: Origins so far too. I really enjoyed both it and AC: Odyssey. Beautiful game worlds that are ripe for exploration… can’t wait to get to AC: Valhalla, if I can finally stick a leash on this backlog!

So I was never a PC gamer but have obviously heard a lot about Counter Strike… never heard of the other two but it sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I picked up all 3 a while back so I’m happy to finally be seeing what all the fuss is about. I’ve also been cleaning up my backlog! Maybe we’ll get to Valhalla around the same time!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer 🤣 our own little game club (that will last around 3 months… at least due to the games apparent bloat).

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Elden Ring all over again!

Adol_Xin

Life is Strange - Before the Storm

Very nice to be back in Arcadia Bay after having played the original 2 yrs ago. Also, I think I prefer playing Chloe to playing Max

Adol_Xin

CJD87

Still on Nioh 1, but encroaching the end! On the penultimate 'main mission' in the final region... but have a few trophies to mop up also.

Loving it, and then probably on to R3Make after

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 awesome, glad you enjoyed it bud. Some peeps struggled to get past what it’s missing compared to From’s offerings (which is totally fair)… but once you see Nioh for what it is, it’s great and actually offers some arguably better combat.

**** DLC!

CJD87

@colonelkilgore 100% agree, arguably the best combat system I've experienced.

I think its unfortunate that Nioh is subjected to a lot of Souls-comparisons... as it probably comes up short vs a lot of the offerings from FromSoftware.

Your comment is very correct, the beauty of Nioh comes from seeing it 'for what it is' - IMO an excellent and gruelling (!) action RPG with some souls elements.

Wish me luck mate, I'm not at the finishing line yet!

CJD87

HallowMoonshadow

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @RogerRoger, @Th3Solution & @Thrillho but I think i'm gonna have to drop Ghost Of Tsushima.

I just can't stand the combat system.

I really tried and I know I had problems with it at first and then clicked with it on my second try... But I've been playing it here and there all week and having clocked in 15 hours (having just obtained the grappling hook)... It's went back around to annoying me again.

Plus the added lock on system REALLY sucks.

Which is a shame as I really do like everything else about it.

Jin's a neat protagonist and I actually quite like him (I'm so disppointed as Deacon St. John from Day's Gone was as fun as swallowing glass and I suffered through all of that).

The various other major players seem rather interesting too & It was funny noticing that Lady Masako is voiced by Lauren Tom in the english version (Especially since I've watched some Futurama and Batman Beyond lately which she stars in (Amy Wong & Dana Tan))

It's so beautiful too and I've got some pretty good screenshots never mind fooling around with photo mode (which you can see in the screenshot thread 😜)

But yeah... The fact the control scheme is pretty clunky too in my opinion and that I can't change it at all to try and make it a bit more pleasant to use for me is really aggravating 😧

... I may give it another shot in the future but for now... Jin'll have to keep waiting to save his uncle...

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow Hey, well 15 hours is more than enough time to give a game. I think my platinum playthrough was around 40-50 hr, so you’ve made it maybe 1/3 of the way. If it hasn’t clicked by now, then it couldn’t be said that you didn’t try.

We all have those these games that we don’t like at first but come back to later and end up really loving, so who knows - maybe one day.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow It's a shame you're gonna have to take a break from the game, but I totally understand why. You should never force yourself to keep playing something that you're not enjoying. You've given Jin more than a fair shake, and you did say that you'd come straight from a game with super-fast combat, so perhaps there'll be a point in your future where you've played a couple of slower, more deliberate games, and the thought of returning to Ghost of Tsushima will fit right in.

As I've mentioned before, I took a long break after I'd completed Act One. Giving myself a chance to miss the cool things I'd admired, like the Photo Mode and exploring the lush landscape, eventually made me eager to return, but it still took a couple more sessions before I got properly hooked and started mainlining story quests. Sometimes it's just not the right time, y'know?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@ThereThere Nice. So besides Stray and GotG, are there any others you have your eye on that you might try this month?

I play games so slowly that I rarely clear more than 2 major titles per month, but you might be able to knock out several.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@ThereThere It’s quite an embarrassment of riches, these services are. So many options.

I did a similar thing a short time ago, several months before the PS Plus makeover, when EA had a deal for 3 months of EA Play for $5. I figured it was worth a small fee to just try out one of these services. I had grand plans to play the whole Mass Effect Legendary Ed trilogy, It Takes Two, and maybe Lost in Random or some sports games. What ended up happening was I played Mass Effect 1 and that’s all I got accomplished within my 3 month trial period. 😅
It was still worth it for $5, but I learned that I’m probably going to struggle to get as much bang for my buck as the next guy because of how slow I am and how much existing backlog I already have.

But I do think when I’m ready to play Stray and a few others that I’ll upgrade because it’s still cheaper than buying the games outright.

I look forward to reading how you end up liking the service and the games you get to.

Th3solution

@ThereThere Yeah, ME: LE has been on sale for $25-30 a few times since. I do want to go back and finish ME2 and ME3. I have played both in the past though as my Bro Shep. ME1 was the only one I missed. And I missed all the DLC, which is supposed to be excellent, so it will be worthwhile to eventually get back and follow my Fem Shep run I’ve started.

When will I do that? Who knows. 😄 But I think I’ll just buy the Legendary Ed so that I have freedom to do it at my own pace.

Anti-Matter

Youtubers Life 2
I have reached Silver rank, accumulated more than 180,000 subscribers, upgraded my apartment with second floor.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic