Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,481 to 4,500 of 6,461

Thrillho

@Jimmer-jammer I bought Impossible Lair based on a couple of reviews from people on here and had a great time with it. I really liked the mechanic that each level has two variations to be played and the overall platforming is really solid.

The titular Lair is still really hard at the end, even with as many bees rescued as possible and felt a little disjointed from the rest of the game but was right up my street.

A very achievable platinum too @colonelkilgore

Thrillho

Thrillho

As for me, I'm going with Yakuza 6 still and having a good time but it's a bit weird that a lot of "normal" Yakuza stuff is missing from it.

That said, I have spent hours with my baseball bros and quite enjoyed that group of sub stories rather than only having the batting centre to play with.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho appreciate the heads up buddy but I have so many games on the docket that can only justify playing (& plat’in) games I want to play… I will look into it though as it might be one of those.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I have Demon’s Souls just sitting there waiting for me but felt like I should clean up a few smaller, easily digestible games before pouring myself into one I know I’ll love. I just re-discovered 13 Sentinels in my library as well and also picked up The Pathless in the sale so...ahhh too many games!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@Thrillho once I saw that it keeps track of your attempt count, I thought it must be a bit of a challenge but it’s nice to hear that it lives up to the name! Hopefully I can get it done.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer Hey guys I had a little break from gaming but now I'm back! I just beat Rom, the Vacuous Spider in Bloodborne, I cheesed her by killing all the little spiders first and then it was just a case of wailing on her with my +6 Hunter's Axe. I did it on my third attempt, I know I beat the game before a couple of years ago but until I learned about killing the mini-spiders first I found this run with her really hard! You can even interrupt her teleport with R1 spam, I learned. Do you reckon what they say online is true, and there is often a way to cheese these From Soft bosses with just a bit of research on your side?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman hey buddy, thought I hadn’t seen you post for a few days. Dunno if you can cheese every boss but there are definitely a good few for which you can. TBH though, I think you have to take a good amount of the little spiders out to beat Rom anyway, otherwise you’ll just get overwhelmed… so not sure if that is a cheese really.

There is a really good Rom fight in the Chalice Dungeons… a confined boss arena with pillars changes the dynamic of the fight completely. Think that Rom is a bit tougher too iirc.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman good to have you back! I don’t know about cheesing bosses but there are definitely some areas of the game that I got through, I would say, unconventionally. If I do ever play through again, I think I may try the hunter’s axe, as I’ve never used it in any meaningful way. Byrgenwerth is one of my favourite areas of the game. It’s small but has a huge overall impact on the world, lore, vibe and environment for me.

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I shamelessly cheesed every boss I could in Bloodborne. 😅 Although some of them didn’t have a good cheese technique available. But I don’t remember exactly how I beat Rom. Seems like I actually used the weapon with the lightning damage that was like a mace… and I was able to position myself on her rear-most section at the flank and minimize taking damage that way. Pretty sure whatever it was, I got it from a YouTube video. 😄

I remember using some of the poor hit detection in the game against itself, so a couple areas I cheesed enemies but hitting them through a wall while I kept cover in a room. There is a boss too (I’m thinking it was Shadow of Yharnam) where I did something similar where I cheesed the boss by taking cover behind a stone in the arena and I was able to hit it through the wall with my weapon for some free damage.

I figure it was only fair since the enemies were hitting me through the walls from time to time. 😛

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Sounds like you certainly employed some effective cheesing techniques there, sol, do you reckon you will do the same thing for DS3/DeS/ER? Any word on playing any of them yet?

Edit: I know the third one isn't out yet, but you could play it when comes out.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, I have no qualms about using whatever little advantages a game gives me (within reason) since some of the tactics it employs against me are often “cheap” also. 😄

I haven’t bought DeS yet, but I’m tempted by the sale price. The fact is I have plenty of backlog, so I’ll wait. And I believe I might play DS3 first anyways, when I get around to it. I’m just really interested to experience the full PS5 experiences now that I’ve been spoiled 😛 . We’ll see

But to answer your other question, yeah I reckon I’ll play FF7R before either of them. I made some great progress with Returnal yeasterday, so maybe I’ll finally finish it next week. My game time can be so unpredictable. And I didn’t account for the Olympics getting in my way; I’ve devoted a lot of my usual gaming hours to watching those the last week.

But yeah, still planning to have FF7R on deck for a play soon. A couple people on here are currently playing and really enjoying it apparently, which has me even more excited.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Just started my ‘recap’ playthrough of The Last of Us as I’ll be plaything The Last of Us part 2 next month. Still plays a little clunky but the overall product really is something else. Only just got to collecting ‘the cargo’ (if you know what I mean 😉😉) but the dialogue, writing and pacing are already impressing me once more (originally played it in 2014 but can’t really remember a great deal).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Th3solution wrote:

@TheBrandedSwordsman I shamelessly cheesed every boss I could in Bloodborne. 😅 Although some of them didn’t have a good cheese technique available. But I don’t remember exactly how I beat Rom. Seems like I actually used the weapon with the lightning damage that was like a mace… and I was able to position myself on her rear-most section at the flank and minimize taking damage that way. Pretty sure whatever it was, I got it from a YouTube video. 😄

I remember using some of the poor hit detection in the game against itself, so a couple areas I cheesed enemies but hitting them through a wall while I kept cover in a room. There is a boss too (I’m thinking it was Shadow of Yharnam) where I did something similar where I cheesed the boss by taking cover behind a stone in the arena and I was able to hit it through the wall with my weapon for some free damage.

I figure it was only fair since the enemies were hitting me through the walls from time to time. 😛

I know we’ve only just entered August but this is already a strong contender for post of the month 😂

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore 😅 Hopefully I didn’t just broadcast myself as some kind of cheating scumbag.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution no, just an honest gamer who was new to the genre.

As a huge souls-fan, I’m happy when ANYONE who does not normally play those types of games takes up the challenge… and I’m even happier when I hear that the game clicked enough with the player for them to see it through to the end (regardless of how they achieved that). Respect for the honesty and respect for hitting those end-credits 👊.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@Th3solution Cheesing is just a gameplay mechanic in my book. If it’s in the game then exploit it as much as you want.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Some of the cheesing methods I've found harder than the 'proper' way with the ones I tried, so most of the time I give up and do it normally.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

I think part of the brilliance of these games lies in the broad agency afforded to the player. Your personal experience is the narrative. However you overcome an obstacle is part of that story. Whatever you piece together about the world and your place in it is your interpretation, and it’s the right interpretation. From Software gives the template and maybe some key words, but the rest of the experience is written by you, the player. It’s a beautiful thing.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic