Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 6,464

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @TraCuz- Still playing Uncharted 4, onto Chapter 10 now and the vehicular gameplay is a nice change of pace. I just attached the winch to the 4x4 for the first time, surveying the ruins in some far-off country somewhere, I forget, anyway I am in Chapter 10 ,The Twelve Towers now, looking forward to some exhilarating UC4 gameplay! I quite enjoy the witty exchanges between Sully, Nathan and Sam in the car "Why did we rent a 4x4 with a winch?" (Translation to player: "You're gonna be using a winch soon!") Nice exposition. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

MaulTsir

@BearsEatBeets Recently just completed it myself, similar thoughts to you, the new one had got me thinking I should try an old one so gave the ps plus one a try and I was pleasantly surprised, good game play, Good cinematics and good length to make it a fun and enjoyable game. I'm looking forward to the new one alot now

MaulTsir

Black_Swordsman

@MaulTsir How did you think the cinematics compared to the cinematics in the Uncharted games?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

MaulTsir

@TheBrandedSwordsman Well they hold up pretty well. It's 2016 I believe but on the ps5 the cinematics looked really really good. Very similar style to the Crash Bandicoot reboots but a bit more in depth. Obviously Uncharted goes for a more realistic style as opposed to the cartoonish style.

A little cinematic at the end of a boss fight or when landing on a new planet goes along way to making you feel more involved in the story sometimes. Although not that the story is gripping or anything the games just over all fun.

MaulTsir

BearsEatBeets

@Th3solution @Arugula @MaulTsir Yeah I'm a few more planets in now and I'm truly hooked. I didn't realise it was going to be soo sci-fi and I love me some planet hopping. The Space Ranger planet with all the flying cars looks so good and also Hoverboard racing! I think a Rift Apart pre-order is imminent.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'll post some proper thoughts at some point but there's certainly a lot to do in the game! There's about 60 substories but each character also has a separate lengthy "side mission" too.

I'll get round to Y6 at some point but I don't want Kiryu's adventures to end

@BearsEatBeets I picked up Ratchet and Clank to try at some point so good to see that everyone likes it!

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
I finished Iconoclasts today. You were right about that boss battle, really does have an amazing energy to it, quite an experience.

I have to thank you for your write up on it which you wrote a while back. I'm not sure I'd have played it had you not shown so much passion for the narrative. I'm very glad I got to play it.

I found an interview with the creator, it might be if interest. Must admit I'm amazed the whole game was developed by a single person.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/03/26/a-...

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

Hurrah! Something I wrote was actually worthwhile!

Thanks @LieutenantFatman and I'm very glad you ended up enjoying Iconoclasts.

I assume you realised I was talking about the final battle against Agent Black where she becomes that Ivory Beast... I get chills just thinking about it. I love her as a villain so much

I am quite fond of the final battle too though against the space bird trucker and quite like the whole face yourself metaphor that goes there in that "mirror" battle. The fact that Star worm turns out to be some bird guy in a worm shaped ship who just wants to refuel is still such a wild, and rather humorous, twist to me.

If you weren't aware there's actually two secret bosses you can find hidden in the game who are apparently quite the challenge! I really need to replay it again at some point and give those a shot.

And thanks for the link... I'll be sure to give it a proper read later on

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @TraCuz- I just completed Chapter 10 of Uncharted 4 and am on to Chapter 11 now those armored thugs were more of a challenge than the majority of enemies I have faced up until this point, obviously with the exception of Nadine Ross - who you are meant to lose against anyway, and I thought the drama, Tra, of hanging off the cliff in the 4x4 and having to drive up it was up there with the most dramatic of video game moments, halfway to the treasure!

HallowMoonshadow

60 substories for each character @Thrillho?! Gordon Bennett! That's... So many sidequests it's untrue. Definitely don't expect me to do all of those whenever I get round to Yakuza 5 ๐Ÿ˜…

I look forward to reading your eventual thoughts whenever you get round to it!

And that's very true... It didn't even cross my mind of it being the last game you'll play with Kiryu as the lead. He pops up In Yakuza 7 though doesn't he as I think I recall PushSquare doing an article on it? ... You could always play that zombie spinoff of 4 if ya need some more Kiryu goodness! ๐Ÿ˜„

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh lord no, only 60 in total! Thatโ€™s still quite hefty but 15 per character is manageable.

Y3 is the peak for substories with 120 I think!

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Oh! My bad... I really misread that post of yours

I would've expected 30 or so for each character so 15's actually way much more manageable then I was honestly expecting @Thrillho!

LieutenantFatman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Yes, Agent Black made quite the terrifying villain. She did remind me a bit of RE3 Nemesis near the end, hunting you down relentlessly with her rocket launcher. Except of course it's much more personal for her. And then of course the transformation.

I did check the remaining trophies at the end, will definitely consider going back to check out the hidden extras.

LieutenantFatman

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah man Naughty Dog went all out on the cinematic action for that part, and unfortunately it only gets worse with the heavy enemies๐Ÿ˜‚

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Black_Swordsman

@TraCuz- You weren't kidding about the heavy enemies! I just took on that armored truck, set it alight and made it crash, the first time you tango with it though, you can't do anything with it but get away from it, I loved the part where you finally get to take it out ,though! Elena has just shown up, and has a bone to pick with Nate, adding to the drama and suspense of course Hollywood style, as I have been saying with my good friend @Th3solution .

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Sheesh man that whole sequence with the armored truck was so awesome to play. Going from hanging over water, crashing thru debris, and then being dragged thru the mud. Of course him and Sam argue on who to ride with then you gotta escape that burning car. Elena showing up at the end was the cherry on top because with all that action you forget about her, just like Nate. And then boom, now she's mad ๐Ÿ˜‚

Currently Playing:

phil_j

Just platinumed Bloodborne, and have been struggling to find something to play. So decided to give Greedfall a whirl, as it was free. I knew absolutely nothing about the story. After working my way through the missions in the opening town, I was having fun, and the plot was an interesting set up of political intrigue. All missions done, let's board the boat and head to the island....

So I start walking towards the boat, when something starts banging from the inside. The captain starts moaning about a beast. So I think, they must have a bear in there, or something. No. Smashing out the side of the boat comes a gigantic tree monster thing. Everyone else runs away. I stand my ground, and take it out with my gun. Feeling like a complete bad ass. Honestly, I did not see that coming whatsoever. It was awesome. I'm hooked so far.

Edited on by phil_j

phil_j

PSVR_lover

Atelier Sophie actually, love this game big time.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Black_Swordsman

Still playing through Uncharted 4 @Th3solution @TraCuz- Tra, yeah, totally it was great exposition with Elena, I imagine she'll be showing up again before the adventure is through, no spoilers, though, please. I just completed Chapter 12, I enjoyed the break from the combat and the exploration involved in that level, but Shoreline obviously showed up right at the end and then you catch up with where you were before in the prologue, I haven't found anything in the game a challenge outside of my comfort zone thus far, but chapters 15-20 are said to be the longest in the game, and therefore probably the hardest!, I think, though, that because UC2 stayed at more or less the same difficulty all the way through that I won't have any huge difficulty spikes to worry about?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Lemme put it this way, my friend and I both tried beating UC4 on the hardest difficulty "Crushing" and the mission called "Marooned" was an absolute nightmare. It was funny because I came to him saying like man there's this mission I just cannot get passed, and he's like "DUDE I'M STUCK ON THE SAME ONE". The most disheartening part about it is because since we already been thru the story, we knew the part that came next was even more hard. Lol to this day we never beat it haha

Currently Playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic