Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 6,464

TraCuz-

@Th3solution The first uncharted? Man it's been so long

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Th3solution

@TraCuz- Yeah, for me too. Although a lot of it comes back to my memory, but there are whole sections where I don’t really remember it — like the aforementioned jet ski section. I must have blocked it out of my memory. I’m actually at Chapter 17 now, making good progress, and I overall think the game is brilliant. The vocal performances are stupendous, and the visuals and flow of the game is so well done. The hordes of enemies that come at you is a little annoying at times, and there are a few little inconsistencies here and there, but it’s a great game. If it’s been since PS3 days since you played it then you should give the PS4 remaster a spin.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
Those Proving Ground challenges are fun, didn't quite manage gold in all of them yet. Thinking I will return to play hard mode at some point, but I tend to find a big break between playthroughs makes it a lot more enjoyable on the revisit.

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Well, I just started the chapter and quit for the night, but up to this point the story is quite good. A typical Indiana Jones style artifact and treasure hunt. It’s nothing too complex, and there is definitely plenty of Hollywood style moments of pure convenience to move the plot along, so it doesn’t always make perfect sense, but it’s exciting all the same. For example, and this is only a minor spoiler, but I’ll spoiler tag it anyways - Nathan and Elena just made it through a complex maze of puzzles trying to get to the treasure, and they reach the end and find a decayed body, which is a skeleton.. with a beard (how is there hair and a beard on a skull with no skin?!) and Nate immediately knows the corpse’s identity and he immediately deduces the circumstances of his death. It’s all a little too convenient. Also when they find certain clues like maps or various devices, sometimes they are just laying out in the open... yeah right — like a map from the 1500’s would be laying out and that easily readable without some kind of special preservation done to it. But I look past all these over analyzation issues and enjoy it for what it is. I mean, what video game story doesn’t have a few plot holes?

But I think I’m pretty close to the end. The climactic encounter is about to occur and maybe I’ll finish it in the next day to two.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Thrillho wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I’ve finally finished the main story in Y5 but want to tidy up some loose ends/trophies but it is certainly looong. I’ve clocked up over 120hrs on it already!

I’ve enjoyed it but it has certainly felt long.

Oooof! That's a whole lotta hours @Thrillho... Impressive you've stuck with it for so long though.

I take it you're gonna have one hell of a break before you even think of starting up Yakuza 6! 😅

You're getting pretty close to the game's finale @LieutenantFatman with you fast approaching one of my favourite boss fights and pieces of music in the entire game!

... Though Iconoclasts has a lot of fun bosses and a really good and diverse soundtrack to boot so it's almost too hard to choose!

Pffft what are you talking about @nessisonett? That is a masterclass of dialogue and voice acting! Tidus wishes he could emote as beautifully with his voice breaking from the sheer emotional power of the line! That was the one thing I did happen to remember about DMC 1. Well done Capcom lol

Though DMC 1 really made me question why Trish is such a well liked character with the fandom. Lady from 3 I understand wholeheartedly as I love the character myself... But Trish? She's... honestly kinda terrible.

Lucia from 2's a better character lol

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Everybody always rags on the jetski. Maybe it's me, maybe I don't play enough jetski-related gaming to draw unfavourable comparisons, but I've never had much of a problem with it. Although it's definitely not perfect, I'll give you that. I always hit a few barrels, no matter what I try.

Much more unforgivable (at least from my perspective) is the zombie horde wave battle with Eddie.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@Th3solution Oh, yea, I hated that jetski part. The controls are meh, but the snipers really make it into a terrible endeavor. Scarred for life!

I'm currently cleaning up God of War. I did all the collectible stuff by now, and I really appreciated revisiting all these places, because I love this game's world so much. The only thing left to do now, the final boss: Valkyrie queen

They are much stronger than even I had anticipated really. Maybe twice as much health as the previous fights? I don't know exactly. What I do know is that I surely wasn't close to beating them, that's for sure - in spite of my fully upgraded gear and such.

I might just buy a revival stone for the first time this game; because I don't see myself making it without.

Oh, and I love these super difficult fights - as it really requires a mastery of the game's combat systems and reading all of the enemy patterns, but it doesn't require superhuman reflexes or anything.

Kidfried

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Thanks for reminding me. That skeleton with a beard made me laugh so much. Oh look, it's obviously Sir Francis... Absolute class!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@Kidfried
Good luck with that queen, took me way more retries than I'd like to admit. Was the only part of the game I found even slightly frustrating. Hope you have better luck, or more skill, than I did.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Well, once I discovered the trick that when you aim your gun with L2, the jet ski sort of freezes, at least mostly, and the current doesn’t carry you, it’s a mechanic I spammed to gradually crawl up stream, but even with that I was bumping into rocks and spinning out of control repeatedly. Thankfully it’s not a very long section. I didn’t mind the other jet ski parts, it was mostly just trying to fight the water current the whole time that made it a frustrating exercise.

Interestingly, I’ve just completed that zombie horde section and found it not too bad. The run-‘n’-gun method of shooting was most useful. But yes, that section does require a little deftness to running around to keep picking up ammo and not accidentally dodging down one of the holes, which I did once.

@Kidfried Good luck! I definitely had to play on easy for that final boss. And use a Rage Resurrection stone. Also had fully upgraded weapons, Runic attacks, and armor, I used the mist armor from Niflheim. All those final bosses are really fun!

@Sorteddan Lol, not to mention the copious amount of ammo and weaponry that’s just lying around everywhere you go. In the Uncharted Universe people just love to throw fully functional guns away and abandon them out in the open all the time. And live grenades. And somehow, despite the weapons all being there since the 1940’s, they seem to work perfectly. 😂

It all makes for a smashing fun game though! I wouldn’t change it!

nessisonett

@Th3solution The jetski bit in Uncharted just made me miss Wave Race. The GameCube Wave Race has better water physics than pretty much any game I’ve played since.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Don't worry, I'm sure we've all dodged down a hole before.

Make your own jokes.

Perhaps it's an atmosphere thing. In the bright, open waters of the sunken city, I didn't mind taking my time and edging through a difficult section. I do remember getting caught out by snipers and rocket launchers more than a couple times, but I found the checkpoints forgiving enough, and the lack of a respawn loading screen helped. I just wasn't comfortable fighting a zombie horde in a darkened room, no matter how tame the tone was in comparison to some other games I've played and / or watched. Gave me the right ol' creeps.

But each to their own, of course! I'm sure there'll be other gameplay or story sections in the forthcoming games that reveal similar variations of opinion. Bottom line is, you're still having fun; not bad for somebody who rarely replays things!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

With the upcoming Ratchet & Clank game looking pretty impressive I thought I should try one out seeing as I have never played one. So last night I started the PS4 one that was free with Plus. A couple of hours in and I'm really enjoying it. It's already a visually pleasing game and way more cinematic than I was expecting. If it carries this standard to the end it looks like I'll be getting Rift Apart.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Oh, for sure. Although I doubt I’ll become the type of gamer that replays his favorite games regularly, I am seeing some of the value in a replay. There is a unique nostalgia coupled with active enjoyment that doing this brings. Many parts of the game I have the thought “Oh yeah, I remember this part” and my mind is flooded with enjoyable memories of having played this game years ago with a friend. But then surprisingly I have sections where it feels like I’m seeing this all for the first time and experiencing something new (like the aforementioned jetski section). I think it helps that it’s a remaster too, because there are legitimately new things that weren’t there the first time, like smooth frame rate, upgraded graphics, etc. For example, I am mistaken or does Elena look different, like... better? I seem to recall she got a face makeover for UC3 or UC4 to look less awkwardly designed and I feel like this is the new Elena. She’s adorable, nonetheless.

And yes, one of the great aspects of the game is very forgiving checkpoints and respawns. Very playable and although a couple of firefights have been frustrating and mildly unfair on Hard difficulty, never did I feel a rage quit coming on. The most I’ve had to respawn I think is like 6 or 7 times and it’s so quick that you’re back in the action that it doesn’t feel so aggravating. You can pretty well memorize the enemy placement with ease and formulate a plan when you respawn. I think maybe I could have done Crushing, as I’m surprised how Hard hasn’t felt very bad. But I don’t know. Maybe I’ll get ambitious for UC2, but I doubt it

Th3solution

@BearsEatBeets Glad you like it! Yes, I think most people will really enjoy R&C if they give it a chance. I also had misplaced low expectations before I actually played it.

bluedex

Still GOW3 and enjoying it. Previous 2 games were Journey and UC3, both great. Next 2 games on the plan are Witcher 3 and then Until Dawn. I'm guessing my backlog is going to keep me going into summer at least

bluedex

Kidfried

@Th3solution I did it, with the Mist armor like you said. Didn't have to use any of the stones or anything, so it went quite well; though it took me some tries.

I really like that you can have different fighting styles. For this boss I went for just dodging all attacks, by recognizing their tales while recharging my big attacks. That's quite a strategy change from the previous 8 valkyries, where I had a much more agressive full-offensive fighting style.

It did feel satisfying this way!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yay! Cheers for the victory!
Impressive that you did it without a Resurrection Stone too. Yeah the high cooldown ratings help to keep your more powerful Runic attacks ready to pummel her with. Congrats on the well earned platinum!

Kidfried

@Th3solution Maybe it's just me, but everytime I used a resurrection stone in that fight, I would get hit immediately after and die straight away. I thought I was a real bad-ass for not having used the item during the game at all, but its benefit doesn't seem to be that big.

So I guess I'm not that impressive.

The high-cooldown build was effective, but I think for the next God of War I'll be going back to a strength-defense build.

(Look at me already talking about the next game!)

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic