Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 6,465

Black_Swordsman

@TraCuz- I'm playing it on a slightly easier setting, on Marooned now and I hope I'll be ok! Did you beat the game on an easier setting then?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman I think I played it on hard? I find more meaning in my playthroughs when it's challenging. You should be fine just watch out for those snipers and heavy enemies! I can't wait to hear what you think about the next chapter xD

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Onigumo

I started playing ff12 zodiac age, so nostalgic....

Onigumo

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @TraCuz- How did you find Chapters 13 & 14 in Uncharted 4? I just finished Chapter 13. Onto the level with the mansion now which I hear is quite hard, but if I could do Chapter 13 it should be ok right?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah man you'll be alright just use the water to your advantage

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman As far as I recall you should be fine. Sounds like you’re making really good progress. Is the game clicking with you?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah definitely, it feels like playing through Uncharted 2 again, but with a slightly more serious (read:adult) tone to the story, every game in the series is essentially the same at it's core though, no?

JohnnyShoulder

A Plague Tale: Innocence. Very good so far, impressed with what the devs have done which i presume isn't on a huge budget. The rats are truly horrific. They will make ya squirm.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Had a quick first go on Assassins Creed: Black Flag this evening. It’s crazy to see how far PS4 games improved over the course of the generation as it does look and play like something from the previous gen (which it ostensibly was in fairness).

Having said that though, I am having fun. The setting is the main positive I think... it’s just so ‘cool’ (could be my own personal perspective in fairness) to be playing in a Pirate-playground. Gameplay feels a bit janky but I’m sure that I will ‘sync’ up with it and learn how to play to the jank in time, if you get my gist.

@JohnnyShoulder picked that up a few months ago in one of the sales, have only heard good things in fairness. Looking forward to playing it sometime.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

jdv95

realy want to give divinity original sin a propper go,but the 2 times i have given it a try a long while back, i ended up stopping because the camera angle/perspective gave me slight nausea.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 I couldn’t get into D:OS(2) either... which does leave me a bit gutted. I love fantasy (of the sword and sorcery variety) but I just couldn’t connect with it. I think it was down to the turn-based combat but maybe it was the perspective too, now that you mention it. I do plan on giving it another shot at some point, I’m just hoping I find a turn based game that I click with first. I have a feeling that when/if I finally sync with that type of game I will all of a sudden be able to enjoy most quality turn-based RPG’s.

**** DLC!

jdv95

@colonelkilgore tbh i have found an appreciation for turned based combat.

i used to dislike it but after playing and loving a turned based combat game i see why it's loved. it's for sure better then the baldurs gate or even the pillars of eternity style combat which seems way to confusing for me. sure divinity's combat is hard but atleast i sort of know how it works.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 I tried both D:OS2 and Persona 5 and just wasn’t enjoying it, it wasn’t that I wasn’t beating the enemies it was just meh. I’m obviously missing something and am kinda hoping when I eventually play Yakuza: Like a Dragon I will find what it is.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah by 2025 it may have clicked by then.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

Started Outer Worlds with my partner, because they are just a big fan of western RPGs and the Bethesda-style ones in particular.

So far it plays like a lightweight Fallout New Vegas, which I'm totally fine with.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried It is good fun and the companions (and their quests) are probably the best thing about the game.

I just hope we get to see more from Obsidian on PlayStation consoles.

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

Playing through Hyper Light Drifter at the moment. Very nice indeed, it's rather brilliant. Such a well crafted world. There's a lot of satisfaction to be had in the exploring, combat and finding secrets hidden out of the way and just admiring the artwork.

@Kidfried
I agree with Thrillo, the companions in TOW are pretty awesome, I really enjoyed their interactions and quests, definitely the highlight. And they have some fun conversations.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I really enjoyed The Outer Worlds (not to be confused with The Outer Wilds @Thrillho ), thought the writing, characters and voice acting was a step above anything I played that year. Ashly Burch's Parvati is such a well written character and she does an awesome job.

A quick pro tip - I had to reign in my companions eventually, as they were running off killing all the enemies before i could engage in any combat lol. Which was cool at first but quickly got a bit boring as it was making the game too easy as there was hardly any challenge.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Kidfried Nice! I was just thinking of making that my next game! Maybe I’ll join you. These bullies are trying to pressure me into playing Dark Souls 3 first! 😉

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic