Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 6,465

Kidfried

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I found the 2-hitpoint not be worth it, because it puts a huge dent in your attacking power. I feel like having an extra chance for a mistake is not worth having to fight that much longer, and thus having more moments in which you can make those mistakes.

The homing weapon is always in my second slot, because you can just spam it whenever you're in a position where you can't hit the boss proper. For all the other moments I used the shotgun weapon the most, it just does so much damage, it's not even funny.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

I didn't notice the damage output lowering that much @Kidfried when facing the few bosses on the second isle where I had it equipped... But I'm REALLY noticing it on the third one.

These bosses are wiping the floor with me!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Bentleyma

Just finished Marvel's Avengers. I ignored all the multiplayer missions and treated it like a single player game and really enjoyed it.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Kidfried

@crimsontadpoles OutRun is so good. I rediscovered it again in Yakuza 0 as well two or three years ago. The game is one of the best racing style arcade games, and it's one of my personal favorite games. I might have even nominated it for some best game of all time poll on here!

I'm currently playing Judgment. And it's...

Let's just call it a letdown so far. The story is great, and so are the visuals. The detective stuff, though... I mean, who even asked for tailing missions in a Yakuza game? And all those detective minigames are just way too easy, and I can't really imagine a way in which they wouldn't really be annoying right now.

A lot of it feels included not to be fun to play, or to add anything to the plot, but just to make it feel more like a detective game and less like a Yakuza game. It feels too forced.

And yes, the main character is more athletic. So I hoped that maybe, just maybe the developers might have used that to open up some new parts of Kamurocho for us to explore. Instead, the only thing they did is add a few walls in the center of the town that you can climb over. That's it. And it just feels out of touch that I can run on walls, but when the game puts two pylons in my path I can't proceed any further.

The Yakuza games have always had their suspension of disbelief regarding situations like the above, and it has always had some forced-in stuff and padding. With this game they just crossed the line a bit.

Anyway, I'll stay for the story. It's really engaging and the characters are so great too!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- It's good to know that you can play Avengers that way, as that's likely how I'll approach it whenever it finds its way to PS Plus (or is a fiver in a sale). Glad you enjoyed it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

PSVR_lover

I am playing Murdered Soul Suspect. It’s a fun little game that while it didn’t get stellar reviews when released is very inexpensive. So it’s some great cheapie fun. Didn’t expect much going in and the game so far is better than expected.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

BearsEatBeets

I got Resident Evil 7 in a sale a while back and recently started it. I didn't particularly like the restricted view of just torch light early on (first-person view my main reason for holding off getting sooner) but thought it got better once at the main house. I got killed a few times at a certain point in my last session and left it there. The bit fighting Jack where you have to use a chainsaw. Just thought I would give it another go and after 3 more attempts I turned it off in frustration. It feels really sluggish and heavily scripted in that my attacks only seem to have an affect in certain points. It's borderline whether I persevere with it at this point.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Thrillho

@Kidfried That's a shame as I bought in a sale (and forgot I had it until you mentioned it recently) but was looking forward to it at some point.

@crimsontadpoles I think my Y0 play time was about 90hrs as there is just so much stuff you can do in the game. Pocket Racer was a personal favourite of mine!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets That fight’s a bit annoying but the game as a whole was utterly brilliant. Honestly, every Resi game has problems with boss fights!

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I think it is supposed to feel a wee sluggish as you are carrying a heavy chainsaw. There is a method to it, i had to look it up on YouTube as I stopped playing there and picked it up ages later, and forgot what I was supposed to be doing. I almost gave up on it there, but so glad I managed to beat him and carrying on with the rest of the game. I think I preferred it to Resi Evil 2 Remake.

EDIT: It also took me way more than 3 tries to beat that boss, so just keep at it if you can. I don't recall struggling with the other boss fights later as much.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the positive thoughts. Pretty sure I've got to try and make better use of the hanging bodies and probably be a bit more patient with my attacks. It would be nice if the game did a better job of letting me know when the chainsaw has stalled, I think every attempt I've gone in with a swing only to find it's stopped. I'll give it another go this weekend.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

phil_j

BearsEatBeets wrote:

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the positive thoughts. Pretty sure I've got to try and make better use of the hanging bodies and probably be a bit more patient with my attacks. It would be nice if the game did a better job of letting me know when the chainsaw has stalled, I think every attempt I've gone in with a swing only to find it's stopped. I'll give it another go this weekend.

Yeah, that's the worst bit of the game. Persevere through that. There is a bit of a knack to it, that it doesn't explain very well if I remember rightly. (I'd google it, get through it, then get back to enjoying the game).

phil_j

nessisonett

I’ve decided to play Metro Last Light as I loved 2033 and it’s been a couple of months now since I played it. I managed to play almost half the game in one night because it’s just brilliant. I’ve even unlocked all the trophies for not getting spotted or killing anyone in certain levels. I actually haven’t been spotted or killed anyone outside of moments where it’s forced. Hoping to keep it up the full game because I’m playing on the hardest difficulty with no HUD and it’s incredibly tense.

themcnoisy

@crimsontadpoles Y0 is fantastic. Must have played that game for 2-3 weeks.

I second what @Kidfried is saying though, by Yaluza kiwami 2 I was fed up with the limited samey areas and not much else added. Happily put the series down at that point. Y0 is my favourite by a mile.

@nessisonett Never played Metro myself. Its on ps now and keeps looking at me! What's the best game to start out of the series?

In recent times I have been playing Zen pinball, Dead Cells, F1 2019, Croixler sigma, MW 2 remastered and wild guns mostly on ps now.

MW 2 remastered (awesome)
F1 2019 (good)
Dead Cells (average)*
Zen Pinball (poor only 4 tables wtf)
Croixler Sigma (poor too repetitive)
Wild Guns (abysmal)

Dead cells is a weird one. I love Rogue Legacy, it is perfect in size and Rogue elements and RNG. Dead Cells seems like its big brother. I totally understand why it's rated well, very playable and a decent gameplay loop. But getting anywhere requires off the charts commitment. Ive been playing for maybe 8 hours and have unlocked a number of blueprints and extras, yet I hit the section after the first boss and the attacks from enemies kill you in one hit. You can get passed these areas by playing it coy and taking your time but it's not really designed for that style of gameplay. Possibly the wrong time to play this one, maybe if I have a days holiday and smashed it to upgrade my starting gear I would have more fun.

It's very incremental so those who like a bit of progression here and there with a limited budget would love it. If it was a tad more Liberal with cells (the currency you need to unlock abilities) I would enjoy it more personally.

Ive watched some videos online after someone's played the game for 30-40 hours and the builds look awesome, taking 30 hours to get there isn't awesome at all.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy 2033, Last Light and Exodus are a trilogy that follow right on from each other so it’s a proper series!

Thrillho

themcnoisy wrote:

I second what @Kidfried is saying though, by Yaluza kiwami 2 I was fed up with the limited samey areas and not much else added. Happily put the series down at that point.

Get out.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy 8 hours and you've only just beaten the first boss in Dead Cells? It probably took me 15-20 hours max to get to beat the last boss, so it certainly doesn't take 30-40 hours to get there. Once I settled on the weapons and tools that suited my play style I kinda smashed it. After the final boss, you start again but with super hard enemies, so maybe that is how they get the super builds and are playing it for that length of time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder I'm passed the first boss and then 3 sections further on. It's probably less than 8 hours but feels like it. The sections just after the first boss I'm too nerfed to attack. So not much dps and take massive damage. You need a lucky drop (like the dodge bombs and gas on your traps). If you don't touch lucky you can be up against it which is what's happened the last few times out. This is a selling point for the game and also why I don't rate the binding of isaac or spelunky, which are obviously great just not for me.

As I said its good but for me the wrong time. I don't have the time to commit to playing the same areas again and again and again eeking out a bit further each time. For someone who does its great.

For me Rogue Legacy trumps Dead Cells due to the amount of randomisation of the layout and gimmicks for each new character. DC is the better game for incrementally improving and the variety of weapons and builds plus the quality of the graphics and atmosphere. Get a lucky start with an awesome weapon and it's golden, getting to the mid way point with your starter sword and few upgrades and it feels unnecessarily harsh.

themcnoisy

@Thrillho Haha I love Yakuza, having never played it before it was a breath of fresh air. Like streets of Rage in 3d.

Sega could have had a GTA contender with more care, I've played practically the same game 3 times. The same issues persist and even the sub missions are similar if not the same game to game. Similar to my comment to Johnny above, with limited time I want to enjoy my gaming - I did enjoy kiwami 2 and by the end I was happy to have a break.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic