Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 6,464

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic The original Ninja Gaiden, not the Xbox game. Dark Souls is also an RPG meaning it’s only as hard as whatever level you are. Cuphead is seen as really difficult by a lot of people who haven’t played it, it’s difficult at first but once you learn a particular boss’ patterns, it’s just a case of putting it into practice. I enjoyed it but I wouldn’t say it’s the hardest thing I’ve played by any stretch of the matter.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

I don't get it when a game is compared to Dark Souls just because it is difficult. Cuphead and Dark Souls are completely different, so it is pretty pointless comparing the two. It is like saying NHL 21 is the Dark Souls of sports games lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’ve honestly seen MLB The Show frequently referred to as the Dark Souls of sports games hahahaha

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You might as well being saying it is the Kevin Bacon of sports games at this point.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Can you even date Yuffie (or, as I call her, Narutina)? She seems like a pretty late addition to the gang, so I can imagine that'd be exceptionally hard work to engineer!

@Th3solution Aerith is Samsung, yes. There are backstories to all my stupid names, but they're... well, stupid, and probably nowhere near as funny to everybody else as they are to me. Having said that, some are a lot more straightforward; for example, I quickly changed Vincent's name to Chuckles, as he seems like an upbeat, laugh-a-minute sort of chap.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Wow, that's quite impressive! Although I'm disappointed to learn that I missed out on being drafted into an awkward play. I loved a similar sequence in Life is Strange: Before the Storm and would have taken great delight in ruining the show for everybody. Ah well.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

I finally decided to purchase Dreams and I spent my first few hours with it today. I went through the brief introduction and then to my “Dreamspace” I think it’s called and from there you have the option to go to Dreamsurf and play others games, or go to Dreamcreate where you do the tutorials to start creating your own content. I went straight to the Dreamsurf and played “Art’s Dream” which is the main Mm game created as an intro. I’ve played through almost all of it — probably spent 2 hours in “Art’s Dream” and I feel like it’s almost to the end.

First impressions are positive.
The Dreams game/creation studio has a good amount of polish and appears to run well, as to be expected. It had the Media molecule charm. Strangely the characters in “Art’s Dream” are a combination of creepy and cute. And I guess that’s on purpose. Perhaps my impressions are tainted by Monokuma from the Danganronpa series because one of the main characters is a little toy-like bear that just reminds me of Monokuma 😂.

I browsed briefly through some other games and galleries intro pages, but didn’t play anything else yet. Just getting a feel for what’s out there. I saw Mario and Sonic, as well as Cloud Strife and a few other familiar characters, along with a lot of random looking creations.

Anyways, it’s about what I expected so far. Appears to be a really nice suite of small creative independent games. Granted, I can see how there is certainly a lot of junk out there too, so I plan to follow the PushSquare recommended creations to start with. But I’m excited to have it as a nice palate cleanser between larger games; a way to drop in and out for brief (or long) sessions when I feel the urge for something different.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Okay, that's pretty funny. I actually like Samsung in that scene!

@Th3solution Sounds like another satisfied Dreams customer, which is good to hear! Do you think you'll dabble with creating your own game, too (and, if so, got any ideas what you might make)? Or are you basically using it as a portal to dozens of indie games and 90s mascot knock-offs?

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Th3solution nice one Sol. If you want to get into music production I will happily send you some projects to help on!

I have changed my mind on F1 2019. My initial experience wasn't great, the default settings and the first few tracks on the calender are a bad combination. I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong the steering was way too sensitive yet going round hairpins created understeer?

Fortunately sticking it out, a bunch of tracks available in other games arrive. The likes of Silverstone, Monza, Spa, Monaco etc. Using prior experience I could set the car up with assists and options and having a great time.

I could illustrate my whole set up but the key was altering the dead zones and sensitivity options. I can now make the hairpin in Monaco and not hit the side (success!!) I have also added a low braking assist, initially I was embarrassed to use this however a swathe of people on the leader boards have it set up. It now plays on controller in much the same way as Forza.

Codemasters have gone all out with the options available to drivers. I think a good idea would be to have a test track on starting the game which guides you through the control options. The default is far too twitchy in comparison to Dirt or GT Sport, no real weight to the cars. It wasn't until my 7th or 8th GP that I settled on a control scheme which has the right mix of fun and realism.

Anyway with all that said, going forward a steering wheel is essential for driving games and will be one of the first purchases I make on PS5 after being stung so many times this gen. Project Cars was unplayable no matter how much tinkering I attempted which was a shame.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Well, my original plan has been to use Dreams more as an avenue to play these indie creations, rather than to make my own. Mostly I want to see what original content is out there, but one of the first things I’m going to do is play the PT demo re-creation which is apparently really good, since I never played the notorious demo before it was pulled and I’ve always wanted to see what all the fuss was about. But the other “remakes” I’ll probably not get too excited about from the consoles of yesteryear. There is a MGS1 creation out there that I’ll need to try, and on topic, a Final Fantasy 7 alternate remake as well, so my curiosity will get the better of me on that one too. I’m going to go out on a limb though and say the Dream creation versions of these old games are likely to fall short of the quality of the originals, but I’ll cross my fingers in hope of being proved wrong.

As far as doing my own, I must say that spending some time in the Dreamverse has inspired me to do something original, which I hadn’t planned on. I’m intimidated by the complexity of the tools, but I will at least make an attempt at going through the creation suite tutorials so I can at least say I tried them (and to get a few trophies in the process 😄). If I catch on, what kind of game will I make? 🤔 I think I’d like to try a short story driven interactive choice-based adventure game, akin to Telltale, Quantic Dream, and Life is Strange. I feel like that would be easier to design gameplay-wise, and my talents would fit more into that wheelhouse. But even a simple point and click story game seems a large task, so we’ll see.

@themcnoisy Yeah brother, proud to join the Dreams club! I forgot to but meant to tag you with my post since I know you have been an advocate for the game and had recommended it to me several months ago. It’s a really great unique game and I’m glad to have thrown some support behind it. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s selling particularly well, but I assume it will have staying power into PS5.

When I get my feet wet with the creation tools then I’ll definitely send you a message if I feel like I can contribute in any meaningful creative way. 😅 Music is not necessarily my forte.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ApostateMage

The beautiful, clever and charming, Okami. This game still holds up today with its gorgeous art style and unique brushsroke combat. Issun is still like a pervy old man towards all the women in the game, though. With his boasting and cockiness around Ammy and the way he speaks to women he actually reminds me of Dandelion from The Witcher.

ApostateMage

Ralizah

@ApostateMage I'm looking forward to the Okami sequel where we find out that Issun is Me Too'ed and replaced with someone who isn't an obnoxious creep.

I couldn't get into the game, personally. Structurally, it's very similar to classic Zelda, but with terrible pacing and bland dungeons.

Glad you're enjoying it, though!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I beat chapter 2 of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair last night and played a little of Chapter 3 tonight.

I'll put more detailed thoughts/predictions about it in the Danganronpa thread tomorrow or Sunday but Gosh darn it Peko and Fuyuhiko... That was tugging at my damn heartstrings!!!

Also played a bit of Cuphead and the bosses have gotten much more... Tricky on the second isle. I had like 13 fails when I started this section and am on 60 or so now

The bird boss (I forgot his name) has given me the most trouble so far. Beppi the Clown was fun throughout (And probably the easiest boss for me on the second isle) and I like Grim Matchstick too (He's actually the only one I have left to beat).

The 2 extra hit point charm is extremely helpful going forward but tbh I don't find any of the other weapons or even the special arts that useful! The invincibility for like 3 seconds is especially not worth it.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I found Grim Matchstick and the bird boss the hardest to be honest. You’ll want to pick up the homing weapon though, it’s just handy in certain situations. I liked Charge as well, it helps in fights that you can’t deal consistent damage in. I used the invincible dodge charm, never did try any more health as I already felt like I wasn’t doing enough damage.

HallowMoonshadow

I usually make stupid mistakes so for me I definitely need the 1/2 extra hit point charm @nessisonett. I can see why you were at this point of the game for a while!

Nice little impressions @Th3solution by the way regarding dreams. It's good to hear it's inspired you to try something out with the creation tools! I'm sure we'd all love to hear how that comes along for you if the creation tools and tutorials don't get too overwhelming!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It was Grim Matchstick that properly felt like a wall. If you get past that, you’ll be all set for the rest of the game!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution As a window to things like P.T. and the passion projects of dedicated fans (apparently, that MGS remake in the works isn't half bad) then absolutely, Dreams should be invaluable, but I really hope your tutorial time with the creation tools isn't a complete turn-off. The branching paths and outcomes of a "choose your own adventure" game would intimidate the heck out of me but, once you've got the basic framework down, I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to add subsequent layers. Given that you really enjoy those kinds of games, I reckon you'd make a great one. Best of luck!

Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

I've just obtained the Symbol Of Avarice in Dark Souls Remastered, along with the Enchanted Falchion. You can see me displaying them in my profile banner picture along with the Giant Armour. @nessisonett, did you get the Symbol Of Avarice during any of your playthroughs?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic