Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 6,461

nessisonett

@RogerRoger The fact you got the Barret date accidentally is honestly impressive. I only thought it was possible by actively trying to get it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett My friend (who's a huge fan of the game) didn't believe me at first. He walked me through some of the interactions and dialogue choices, and started laughing when, after a few answers, he realised what I'd done. I guess I'm just lucky / unlucky / a subconsciously misogynistic jerk [delete as applicable].

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I couldn’t imagine fobbing off both Aerith and Tifa that much 😂😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Well, I didn't. I fobbed off "Samsung" and "Angelina". Maybe, in retrospect, giving everybody stupid names has destroyed any potential for empathy.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I honestly don't remember that gif you've posted happening at all in FFVII @RogerRoger (Though it did raise a smile) but good to see you've been interested in it a little more.

I think I ended up with Tifa in that Golden Saucer bit... wasn't trying though as I didn't really care for any of the characters myself personally (especially Aerith whom I just found terribly bland) and I left them with the default names! 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Apparently, it's impressive enough to get a date with Tifa at the Golden Saucer, as the game is heavily weighted in favour of Aerith (to make later tragic events have more of an emotional impact... don't worry, it's the one spoiler I already know). Poor, bland Aerith. She can't catch a break with any of us around here, it would appear!

Best of luck with Cuphead, by the way, especially since it's made a good first impression on you!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

...I prefer Aerith to Tifa personally 😅

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

Apparently, it's impressive enough to get a date with Tifa at the Golden Saucer, as the game is heavily weighted in favour of Aerith

Oh is it @RogerRoger? I didn't know that.

Yeah I already knew about certain things in advance as well thanks to it being one of the worst kept spoilers ever.

It's why I Never used her at all... Never engaged with her at all as I knew she was popping her clogs soon enough. I felt nothing 😂... Though her theme is a wonderful piece of music

And cheers... I think the second isle in Cuphead will be quite a challenge... I think I just got really lucky with the bosses on the first!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well done on getting through the first island relatively pain-free. It might make you think that you’ll be in for an easy ride but I was stuck on the second island for about 6 months 😂😂

HallowMoonshadow

I hope that's you mildly exaggerating there with 6 months @nessisonett! 😅😂

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well I was stuck on a couple of bosses and went back to them every couple of weeks with no success for roughly 6 months. So I wasn’t playing the levels repeatedly but they were still difficult and had me stumped!

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I actually got pretty far. A quick look at the trophies I got and Seath the Scaleless was the last boss I beat.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Ha, good to hear you've managed to keep momentum for the game. I think the only harder date to get than the one you saw was getting Yuffie!

Thrillho

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @nessisonett @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Apparently Aerith / Samsung (or is she Angelina?...) is much more interesting and endearing in the Remake. Gotta agree that I didn’t really feel much of a connection to her in the original. I’m looking forward to her being better characterized in the Remake when I play it. Tifa isn’t exactly Miss Personality, but she was much more appealing than Aerith. Yuffie (lemme guess... “Olivia” or “Toshiba”?) is a little over the top, but at least has some charisma. She’s just doesn’t have the waifu allure as the other two. 😄
But hands down — Vincent ftw! My favorite character, romantic or otherwise.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Vincent’s my favourite character too. I could barely tolerate the remake, decent combat couldn’t save it. Aerith’s alright though, the characters were all pretty much great. I could play the original once every 18 months or so but can’t bring myself to play past Wall Market in the remake, it’s just incredibly bland.

Ralizah

FF7R is still my favorite game released this year. While it's evident in some areas how the developers padded out the run time, I really appreciated this dramatically fleshed out look at Midgar. The music, combat, bosses, and character interactions are also the best they've ever been in a Final Fantasy game.

@Th3solution Aerith is a little bit too much in the remake, imo. I liked her more toned down personality and dialogue compared to the chattiness of her modern persona.

Of course, I've always been a Tifa x Cloud shipper, so I went out of my way to have her in my party as little as possible. Which... made the Temple of the Ancients a bit unpleasant for me, as I recall the game forced her into my party.

@RogerRoger Despite FF7's reputation for edgy, baffling storytelling, the game was filled with weird humor throughout. I feel like that element was MOSTLY preserved in the remake, which I appreciated.

Glad to hear things are going a little smoother for you now, Rog.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The bosses in Cuphead get a little hairier as the game goes on, but the difficulty is always fair. It's far less brutal than something designed to eat quarters like Metal Slug. IMO, its difficulty is overstated, and is mainly due to that style of game design having become less popular in recent years.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I think I would agree with that about Cuphead. It’s not ‘difficult’ per se, it’s a memory game that rewards how much time you put in. In that regard, it’s no more difficult than Guitar Hero. It’s hard but it’s not quite Contra or Ninja Gaiden.

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho You beat Seath with the Drake Sword? It said that weapon is pretty irrelevant after you reach Sen's Fortress on Fextralife, but apparently not?! What build did you use?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett That's interesting, because apparently Cuphead is harder than Dark Souls, yet I found Ninja Gaiden easier than the Souls games.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. I did stop using the Drake Sword eventually once it clearly wasn’t good enough but because it was so overpowered early on I feel like I didn’t properly learn how to fight or make best use of stat building.

I don’t think I’ll ever get round to the remaster as there’s too many other games to play first. I also have a funny relationship with the From games as I’m not sure I ever “enjoy” them but I do like them.

EDIT: and no idea what my build was it was over 6 years ago. Probably dexterity focused as I normally go for quick characters.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic