Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 6,458

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic @Rudy_Manchego

This was my go to soul farming spot in the first game, more for the fact that it would always make me laugh as the enemies throw themselves off the cliff (bonus points if they bounce off your head first)

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho That's the spot I was talking about, Grave of Artorias in Darkroot Garden.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

HallowMoonshadow

... Still playing Trails Of Cold Steel II 😅

Near the end now I think pushing 55 hours of playtime in the Finale chapter.

Getting my ass handed to me by one of the bosses who has 424,000 health or something (In comparison my characters only have 17,000 hp or so)

They have a ridiculously op finishing move that if somehow it hasn't managed to kill me then it inflicts a wonderful status effect that lasts two turns which takes away about half my health at the end of each character's turn.

This is on normal and the Cold Steel games are apparently considered much easier then the other games in the "Trails" series... All the bosses have been pretty tough to be honest in the final dungeon.

Unless people are breaking the game somehow, spamming s-crafts or are just stupidly overleveled I don't see how this is considered to be a "cake walk" at all that i've seen floating around online... The Matador from SMT Nocturne/Lucifer's Call wishes he was this hard! 😯

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy All I can say is that Trails in the Sky FC is pretty easy. Not baby easy, but certainly not even touching SMT III difficulty. I only died once, as far as I recall, and never really felt the need to grind.

Maybe you're drastically underleveled or something?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Cold Steel 1 I'd say was generally easy on normal (Moreso for the normal mobs/monsters) baring one particular boss towards the end. Probably would've bumped that up to hard partway through if I could've.

Cold Steel II has been a bit more challenging on the boss front to me at least @Ralizah.

I'm level 128 which is on par with this particular boss (You start the game at lvl 40 & I honestly didn't expect to exceed lvl 100 so that threw me for a loop a little) and the regular enemies are giving piddly amounts of EXP now so I might technically be overleveled.

Least this boss don't resummon the two minions they start with unlike the first bosses in this place (The final dungeon seems to have gone on for quite a while)... Thank goodness those minions can't heal the boss either

It's pretty late before I turned it off so knowing my luck I'm probably forgetting something really simple that'll help me out... Doesn't help they take half damage from magic and Emma (the main mage) has been my main damage dealer to this point!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Note to self: play Trails of Cold Steel 2 on Easy Mode.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Ralizah FC is pretty easy but SC was brutal on Normal towards the end. I had to retry battles a few times and eventually drop to easy. At least you gain levels easily with the XP scaling with your level.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @nessisonett It sounds like their Trails games have a pattern of becoming harder with their second entries. Which makes sense if you consider that they're building off the first games in their respective sub-series.

Character level inflation always freaks me out. It's probably one of the reasons I never could get too much into the Disgaea games.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Welcome back and glad you enjoyed your break! Will be interesting to see if you like Subnautica. With your history, I'm not sure that you will.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Well I managed to get past that particular boss in Trails Of Cold Steel II.

Then I had to retry a couple of times against the next boss whom was just as painful.

Thank goodness it lets you save before the final boss cus that was a right piece of work and I was not going to through all that again if there wasn't.

Did it though. Just.

The finale of Cold Steel 2 is done and dusted.

The second Cold Steel really is bringing in a lot of stuff from the Crossbell games and Trails in the Sky.

I can sorta see why people say you should play the others...

... Especially so in this "Divertissement" as the game called it which involves Llyod Bannings and Rixia Mao in Crossbell... and from the trophy list it looks like there's an epilogue to go through. When will this game end?!?! 😂

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Hahaha finally I have clarity that I made the right choice playing the others! Good to see you enjoyed the Cold Steel games enough to binge them that quickly though, that’s pretty crazy how fast you’ve done that.

HallowMoonshadow

I'm not entirely proud of myself @nessisonett bingeing through that and the first the past two and a half months. I'm gonna be quite busy though when I get back to work come Wednesday so it was best to get it out the way while I could through the summer hols! 😂

I'm not technically done with the second yet but it's come to a point where I think it's best I leave it alone for a week or two.

I will say for me personally I think the first was better. I've had some issues with how the second's been paced and with some of the execution of the story too.

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Are you moving on to Cold Steel 3 now? I hear the Liberl/Crossbell connections are even more pronounced in that one.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Given I know for a fact that Agate and Tita turn up in that one, I think it would lose a lot of impact without having played Sky.

HallowMoonshadow

Unless Falcom say here's the Liberl/Crossbell games in a neat little bundle for PS4 in the next few months I think I will be just moving on to Cold Steel 3 @Ralizah @nessisonett.

I'm not getting a vita/psp to play them. Hopefully whatever backstory option Cold Steel 3 has to read will fill me in (Though maybe I'll check out a youtube vid or two for more info if need be when the time comes)

Defintely not gonna get the third for a good while though, I'm a little burnt out on rpgs at the moment now. 😅

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That’s fair enough, they really don’t make it easy to catch up on the series.

RogerRoger

@Arugula Welcome back from your self-imposed exile, and hope you enjoy (or continue to enjoy) your current gaming choices! Is that MGSV: Ground Zeroes or MGSV: The Phantom Pain you're playing?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula Sweet, enjoy! Helps that it's the kinda game where no two playthroughs are identical, as you can always approach each mission from a different angle, or with different tactics.

Just as long as you always take D-Dog with you, of course. Otherwise you're a monster.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Thought I’d try playing Sekiro again. Bounced right off it first time, wasn’t a fan at all. Might as well give it another go.

JohnnyShoulder

Hope it clicks with you this time @nessisonett. Personally I think technically it has the best combat in any game this gen that I've played. From memory only Nioh comes close. Those last bosses though, damn those are tough mo fo's.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic