Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 6,458

JohnnyShoulder

@Tjuz They have already done most of the work for the sequels as some of the assets will be already done with the first game, and the development should less troubled for the sequels. They have not confirmed yet but I imagine it will 12 - 18 months until the next game is out.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tjuz

@JohnnyShoulder Good to hear! I wasn't aware they'd already largely finished work on the sequels, so I'm sure that will help the release schedule. I've been somewhat interested in the project, even if not following it actively. I might just wait until the whole thing is out. I just hope they don't run into any internal problems that could heavily delay the following parts.

Tjuz

JohnnyShoulder

@Tjuz Good luck on that! I personally could not wait that long to play the first game in a series. Like @KratosMD has it right that some should stop looking at this like a typical episodic release as each title will be like full 30 hour experience.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

Been a while since I've talked about it but I've made some decent progress in Iconoclasts.

Every other game I've ended up leaving by the wayside as the bigger (Or newer in some cases) of the two games has taken my interest (Divinity OS2, NieR) but I've managed to stick with Iconoclasts through the two or so months I've strung it along.

It's technically the longest and most involved game I'm playing now for PS4 as Dragon's Crown Pro's stages are ten minutes long at most that I can quickly dive in and out of (I'm now at the talisman hunt with my Elf) and now that I'm done with Resi Revelation 2's story... a raid mode stage also only takes 5-10 minutes too.

I've made it to the snowy mountain place in Iconoclasts (I kinda forgot the name of the area 😅).

I went through the electric fields, to the one concern tower Samba was saved and Elro had an arm ripped off.

The dark caves was a fun and interesting area and like usual despite only having the 4 or so ways to attack I've enjoyed all the boss fights I encountered.

I think I've figured out some of the plot as well. It reminds me of a Doctor Who episode of all things.

Potential Spoilers below?

The one with the fish people and humans who've been cloned like a million times but it's only been a week and the whole terraforming the planet business.

The ship captain guy, Myron, mentioned the latest boss had been reforming the land (And of course it actually happened during the fight) not to mention the weird transport system Iconoclasts has as well that revolves around the machines under the surface

I'm gonna guess the starbird is actually just a spaceship or something and like that episode of Who the deification of it has been through the generations thanks to a loss of the original information

I could be completely wrong mind but that's just where my brain went lol

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Decoy_Snake

I downloaded the Resident Evil 3 demo from the New Zealand PS Store and it took me a little over 20 minutes to finish it, I thought it would be pretty much second nature as I've played a hell of a lot of RE2 over the last year but it felt so much harder. The Zombies are still bullet sponges (as expected) but Jill's gun just felt weaker than Leon & Claire's.

It was great walking the streets of RC again and much like RE2 it felt familiar but new at the same time. When Nemesis shows up it was genuine fear, he makes Mr X look like a regular enemy so much faster and packs more of a punch, the first time he jumps over you to block your path - even though I saw it in footage already - is completely shocking, can't wait for release (assuming we still get it on release day)

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Churchy

I'm currently going through Nioh 2 and absolutely loving it. There are loads of little changes they've made to the game and everything feels like it has more crunch and impact than the first game. Couldn't be happier with it!

Edited on by Churchy

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

jdv95

just finished the resi 3 demo.

took me 1hour,5 minutes and 38 seconds.

1 death(s) tnx to me panicking at the end. (you'll see why)

1 out of 20 bobbleheads collected. it's just a demo without save progression so i did not bother with those.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

KALofKRYPTON

Doom Eternal - very pleased with it so far!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Thrillho

I just started up Tropico 6 after picking it up for half price in one of the perpetual sales.

I only went through the tutorials last night. A few new things from the previous game which are pretty neat. The construction wheel is pretty busy though with how many things there are to eventually build! The game looks great and the highly irritating but immensely catchy music remains.

I just didn't quite get why the final tutorial mission has you capture a world wonder, which takes a while to complete as it is, but then randomly decides that this gets delayed even more so you're just sitting there for around 10 minutes waiting for this to complete. You could faff around building stuff on the island but time pauses in the build menu so it only makes everything take longer.

Thrillho

KALofKRYPTON

@Churchy I would have to say yes. It's very much like 2016 but with more movement options.

If you liked 2016, then you'll like Eternal 😁

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Black_Swordsman

Dark Souls Remastered. I beat Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne and vowed to never take on another From Software game, it just took too much out of me. However, I still wanted Elden Ring, and with no news of that coming out any time soon, I decided to go back to the original, and arguably the best Souls game, and try to best it once more. I am currently farming souls in Firelink Shrine, before tackling Undead Burg and the Taurus Demon. I managed to find the Zweihander and am levelling up my stats so that I will be able to wield it effectively with one-hand, even though I only intend to wield it with two hands, I figured the extra strength can't hurt, and while I'm at it, why not level up Endurance and Dexterity as well?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, don’t rely on two handed, shields are just too important. Two handed is useful for bosses who cut right through your shield but for mobs you’ll want that extra protection.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Well the plan was gonna be to play Day's Gone but... Fate is a fickle mistress and I didn't fancy tempting her with a post apocalyptic game as of right now 😅

So instead I've gone for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (The PS4 port obviously) instead.

Started a new game and got rid of my old data. Just got past the opening/tutorial and started making my own character which is always fun.

There's an incredibly basic screenshot/photo mode carried over from the PS3/360 versions which I've used to take a number of decent snaps already!

Gonna go with magic to start this time around I think... Though I'll probably somehow end up as a Strider (Rogue) like I always do by the end of this 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ooh, I’ve got Dragon’s Dogma on Steam but haven’t played it yet. Would you recommend it then?

HallowMoonshadow

I've played through Dragon's Dogma twice on PS3 and once through on PS4 @nessisonett. So... You can kinda say that maybe I'd recommend it

There's just something about this game that just does it for me despite the fact it's story is a bit wishy-washy (Til the final stretch where it weirdly comes together fairly nicely), the pawns NEVER shut up (Though I don't like using the option to make them mute either so that's partially on me 😅), the odd inclusion of an affection system and that Capcom were going through that weird phase at the time 😂

The gameplay is quite solid and you can feel the Monster Hunter influence in the monsters pulled from greek mythos.

The varied classes and moves for combat you can have are pretty good too.

I really like the day and night system too as it gets properly dark without a lantern and the different enemy placements during the night shake things up a lot, especially when you're just starting off.

Plus it can get quite challenging too at times.

Here's a sneaky little preview screenshot

Untitled

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Definitely worth a go then. I’ve got a few games on the go but with all this free time I’m sure I’ll get round to it at some point!

JohnnyShoulder

Scrambling on the bigger monsters to stab them in the eye never got old @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Earlier I started ADR1FT and found it to be pretty decent. Thusfar it's revealed itself to be a pretty atmospheric walkin... er, no, more like a floating simulator. I didn't have the patience to stop and read every single computer screen I drifted past, but there's a lot of nice detail for those who'd wanna absorb it.

The one unique trick about it, which made me smile when I realised, is that it subtly questions your relationship with the left analogue stick. In so many games, we're used to continually pushing forward to progress but here, your damaged space suit cannibalises your oxygen supply with your control thrusters, meaning every time you touch the stick to move, you're shaving seconds off your life. It took me a while to wrestle with my natural instinct to keep pushing this way and that, as I was just endangering the protagonist further every time. It's teaching me a lot of patience!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

The Resident Evil 3 Remake demo. Despite being a scaredy cat, I actually did really well, completing it on the standard difficulty with only 3 deaths.

I enjoyed it much more than the demo for Resident Evil 2, since I could go at my own pace. RE3 is scary, and it made me jump multiple times. Zombies were frightening, and things got very intense whenever my gunshots missed their mark.

However, horror shooter games have never really appealed to me, and don't think this game is any different. This game is probably great, but just not something I'd like. For those that like horror and are eagerly awaiting the full game, you are in for a treat.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic