Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 6,458

Th3solution

@Kidfried That’s awesome! Really enjoyed Tetris Effect too (... 8.62147/10 😜) but I could never get good enough at it to get the full appreciation of all the modes and difficulty levels.
I am intrigued by Obra Dinn. Something about the aesthetic is just attractive.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It’s so fascinating to get your DOS II updates. The game sounds like it’s enormous. It will be interesting to see if the quality holds up during the big length of the game’s runtime.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Well @Th3solution I wouldn't say enormous. I did admittedly spend like 26/27 hours on the Fort Joy map that maybe takes about ten, maybe fifteen minutes to walk across from end to end without any battles, quests or other distractions

It's very densely packed though and as I said before it is my first time with this very specific niche of RPG so I was especially slow at the beginning as I was getting used to it's complexity.

I am taking my time even now, trying to do every quest I come across. The next map is at least double, maybe triple the size of Fort Joy!

I did find a secret/back entrance to the dungeon I'm in that leads straight to the boss by some clever use of the teleportation spell/moving skills to get to a lower area... But I need that sweet sweet exp and loot so forward entrance I went!

Plus... I kinda forgot I could sneak first time round which helped my team not get picked off so easily when seperated 😅 (My team (main character especially) is mostly geared towards magic)

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

jdv95

playing ni no kuni remastered.

what a game!
it's very charming especially drippy (he's cute to).

i get that some people might be put off by it's "childish" nature at first glanse but the story and characters are very much able to charm adults aswell.

i must admit that this game is my first JRPG i ever realy played and i'm not disappointed.
combat is fun aswell because of the mix between turn based and action oriented system.

it's also newcomer friendly imo.

since i'm liking this game i might pick up revenant kingdom after beating the first game despite it being rather different gameplay style.

jdv95

mookysam

@jdv95 Aww Ni no Kuni's lovely and rather poignant, although surprisingly dark in places. My first PS3 game and platinum. I got the remaster for Christmas so shall need to get to it soon! Revenant Kingdom doesn't have quite the same emotional depth, but is still enjoyable and nice to play through.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@jdv95 @mookysam I was always well jel of ps3 users with Ni no Kuni as I love the studio ghibli art style. This and ff7 remake will most likely be my last games in the genre if I don't like them, I've not had the best of times with JRPGs this gen. 😢

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Woah, Code Veronica X is old school. Got to say I’m enjoying it so far but there’s just a wee bit too many zombies for my liking. I prefer my horror games to have meaningful encounters and low health to drive up the stakes. Claire tanks about 12 zombie bites and keeps going. I know she’s hard as nails after 2 but oof, the girl’s a machine.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ZeD

@Arugula
1st time ) Blood Baren
2nd time) A quest involving a dwarf/ fool(?) and a tavern that had been trashed
I put a little time into it this week and rage quite because I was trying to kill a werewolf for some witches.

Playing on easy and hitting everything util it dies

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

ZeD

@Arugula After speaking to a few about it I think I played it wrong. i was just main story focused and seriously under leveled so I wasn't enjoy it.
I think the combat is very very bad and my approach was to hit everything until it died. Was given a tip about using oils and maybe go exploring to get my level up.

The 2nd time i played i was talking to a poet not fool I think. Ended up at a horse race...

ZeD

Kidfried

The combats not bad in The Witcher, not the best either, but it certainly takes some adapting too. Aside from that, taking your time with the game (preparing for fights, by reading on a monsters weakness, stocking on oils, etc.), and through side quests as well will help you.

It's not an action adventure game.

Kidfried

ZeD

@Kidfried you have got to admit it is sluggish as hell, especially the sword swings. I will be taking my time through it the next time I try it but from the 1st few hours, i cannot see why people call it Game of the decade. Also Geralt is a terrible character but I heard he gets better further in. I just find him a little bland early game.

ZeD

Ralizah

Having played TW3 for 60+ hours now, I'm not entirely sure I understand complaints about the combat. It won't go toe-to-toe with a Souls game in terms of combat, but it's fun and perfectly proficient. The weightiness of Geralt's movements and the emphasis on reading enemy movements reminds me a bit of Monster Hunter.

The game is very imperfect, but, honestly, the combat doesn't even factor into that for me.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@ZeD @Arugula @Ralizah I came into the Witcher 3 on the back of MGS 5 and HZD. The graphics were relatively poor, the lag is noticeable, open world tropes abound and I couldn't enjoy it. From reading @ShogunRok @ApostateMage and @BAMozzy who all love it, you need to get sucked right in. I'm thinking about taking a few days off work the next time I start it up.

I've been playing a few games

Xposed
New Star Manager
Tekken 7

Platinated T7, what a game BTW. Xposed is like Qix fr the 80s - the presentation is very cheap but the gameplay is fantastic. New Star Manager is a game I will always keep coming back to, like player of the year from the 8 bit home computers - it's so so good.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ZeD

@Arugula @Ralizah I put a few hours into it last night and enjoyed what I did. I have got use to the combat timing but there are still a few enemies that are annoying like the drowners who manage to get about 5 hits in before you have got your sword out.

You sat looking up about enemies is key but they are not added to your guide until you kill them! I came across a werewolf and had no idea how to kill him so I checked my guide and the entry wasn’t there, so I ran away.

Will continue with it this weekend but of the story or characters don’t improve I will stop playing it as I feel I may have got over my biggest gripe that is the combat.

Is there any way to change movement sensitivity for Geralt? If you stand on the spot and try to turn 180 he kinda goes a little crazy and runs forward.

ZeD

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Ha, I love New Star Manager. I’ve had it on my phone for a couple of years and have won everything in England, Italy, and Spain. My big problem is that you get to a point where contract renewals are just so big you end up losing players. Also, the drop rate for goalkeeper training cards is ridiculously low so they’re always unhappy.

Thrillho

ApostateMage

@ZeD Change the movement from 'standard' to 'alternative'. It's much faster to turn and makes for easier combat.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Same here, from my experience it is when people are trying to play it like a Devil May Cry or something. Once they slow down and start using potions and lotions, some people get it a bit more.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@ApostateMage @ZeD I didn't think to mention that, but I also changed the movement to 'alternative.' It was something EVERYBODY seemed to be recommending. I... guess it worked well? No complaints here. If drowners are gettting hits in before you draw your sword, then roll out of their way first.

Maybe you're just struggling with the default controls. I should switch them back some time and see how bad the normal setup is.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@Thrillho Ive been lucky with handling cards so far. Unfortunately I can't get a happy medium like in LMA or Footy manager when you stop worrying for 15 or so games and just let it roll for a few weeks. There's always multiple unhappy players or someone on the verge of leaving. It's mildly frustrating.

I'm Only in my second season, promoted first season and then the difficulty has gone up a jot. I never have enough money for my stadium and am considering binning my scout if his contract runs out - no money for anyone he offers up!!! Also the physio cards are like - 1 or - 2 from an injury, a complete waste of a special. So next we are going all in on the other sections (training, youth, shop and stadium) and leaving them to fester.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RR529

Kingdom Hearts III - Recently cleared the Tangled world.

Mostly good stuff so far. For a series that was a cornerstone of my teenage gaming years (and can be credited for getting me into JRPGs) I didn't have a ton of excitement going in to it, but now that I'm settled in I'm getting into it.

• It's so good having Donald & Goofy back. I've played most of the side games since KHII & something was really missing with them being relegated to side roles at best (though it made sense for some of the games).
  • World selection may be a mixed bag (for long time fans). I absolutely LOVED the Toy Story world (a suprise as I have always been skeptical of how well Pixar properties would work), but on the other hand the Tangled world didn't leave much of an impression. When the original games came out, nearly every Disney world on offer was a big part of my childhood (and I'm sure many others as well), and so it's going to be tough for the Tangled, Frozen or Big Hero 6 worlds to recapture that magic, even if they're really good.
  • I'm really enjoying the Gummi Ship segments. These were always my least favorite part of past games, but I love the change to a more space exploration angle (rather than the rail shooter segments they used to be).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic