Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 6,460

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Not sure as I've not played them both for ages. I think both feel quite linear compared to the first game. Maybe @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy would be better placed to comment as she played them both more recently.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

As @JohnnyShoulder says @Draco_V_Ecliptic I have played them more recently. I'm halfway through Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin on PS4 but put it on hold for the time being for other games.

There's a lot more areas in DS II though to compensate they are a lot shorter then the areas in DS III.

Plus for player progression it starts off with four or so different routes you can go (Though it's pretty clear which order you're supposed to tackle them in) but at the halfway point it becomes more linear.

Like all the souls games though there is still a good amount of exploration with secrets and stuff. It probably has the most varied looking locales in the series too.

The DLC areas are a bit better made then the main game too I think (Hadn't started them in my recent playthrough though)

I do also agree with @JohnnyShoulder that it relies on "Dudes in armour" for boss design a bit too much.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Davh

Cod MW -
Cacking game so far, didn't get into it at first but a bit of persistence and I'm hooked again.

Star Wars FO -
Christmas pressy off my lad, taking some getting used to but can see me putting some hours into it

PSN : BigDavh

avividan

About to finish Shadow of The tomb raider, which is kinda mediocre.

avividan

Gremio108

I don't usually play multiple games at once, but it was calling to me from its case, so I booted up Horizon Zero Dawn. Early impressions are that this is a game I'm going to enjoy very, very much.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I logged over 300 hours on The Witcher 3... And that is without starting the DLC. I think I've gone over 120 mark with each of the Soulsborne games.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ryall

@KratosMD
My clear saved data for trails of cold steel 3 has a play time of 115:53:14. I think the choices you make do have a big impact on the playtime. Whether or not you do the optional missions. Where are use all your bonding points and Whether you have found any of the hidden stuff.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

HallowMoonshadow

... I broke in the new year playing Divinity: Original Sin II as my partner had fallen asleep and my daughter was out with friends and I'm just one big nerd 😅

I niavely thought I could maybe beat Bloodstained within a few days over the christmas holidays so I put this on hold temporarily.

... That never happened

Didn't take me too long to get back into the groove for Divinity though despite not playing it for two weeks more or less.

Made it to the next chapter (after retrying for the 4th time at the boss battle) and finally got to a new area! and Holy moly this next area is huge!!!

... and I found out how long I'd spent on the game so far... 30 hours.

I think it's safe to say I'm in for the long haul with this one lol 😂

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

A couple hours in, and here's my hot take on Shenmue.

This "remaster" (term used lightly) isn't for new gamers; it's for nostalgic thirty-somethings and students of gaming history. Thankfully, I'm here for a little from column A and a little from column B and so, despite its best efforts, I'm having a blast. It's just a question of how long that blast will last.

Would it have killed them to overhaul the interface and controls to, y'know... not suck?! Especially with the whole real-time ticking clock thing (although I gather I have plenty of time, even if I waste a week or two, but I'm still feeling the pressure to be productive every day). Given that my only previous experience with the game was brief, and mostly spent laughing at it, I know nothing about the story and characters and so am starting to feel ever-so-slightly drawn in as the novelty of its legendary ridiculousness wears thin. It's pure soap opera nonsense, with a slight edge of Twin Peaks surrealism (which is either intentional, or a byproduct of the game's technical shortcomings). Can't wait to see where it all goes.

There's a timeless beauty to the whole environment, and the subtle touches of realism we take for granted today have caught me off-guard a couple times, given how this was a Dreamcast game. At the very least, inspecting tiny Sonic the Fighters gacha toys will keep me happily occupied between the clunky cutscenes, atrocious voice acting and glacial pacing of the story's opening hours.

Awful and genius, all at once. No idea where I'll land on it, but I'm at least determined to see it through.

In small chunks. Whilst periodically playing other things.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Excellent stuff. I'm looking forward to reading about your journey through this one-of-a-kind game (well, except for its sequels). I'm expecting you to veer between joy, frustration and despair. I think you'll come through the first one unscathed, but parts of Shenmue II may test your patience if you're anything like me.

The third game is lovely, though... If you can get there!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

MightyDemon82

Beat Resident Evil late last night and really enjoyed the whole game, there was a lot more to it than what I thought and those final few minutes were heart pounding. Will have to do it all again as Chris , but for now I'll concentrate on Tales of Vesperia and CTR. Happy New year everyone!

MightyDemon82

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 I'll admit, I am a little nervous about liking Shenmue too much, as I've heard the second game is tough-going, even for hardcore fans. But hey, no frustration or despair yet, so fingers crossed!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

avividan

Playing Soma now, it's kinda disappointing for now, I will give it another go today.

avividan

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Great game. It took me ages to get round to play as a couple of sites I was then visiting regularly scored it low and it put me off.

RogerRoger

@Arugula I'll never play it because of the tension you describe, but I've watched the Eurogamer Let's Play from start to finish and you're in for some genuine treats! Enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

andreoni79

@Arugula The motion tracker indicates you the way! Use it to find the active mission objective but remember that its beeping attract the Alien!
Best survival ever, IMO.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Kidfried

Yesterday I had one of my greatest gaming evenings in quite a while.

Right now I'm playing three games, all of them special, extremely good and... representative for what I like most in my video games.

• Tetris Effect. A perfect (10/10 ) reimagining of one of my favorite games of all time. It's hard more is pretty challenging, but every minute of it is fair.
  • The King of Cards DLC for Shovel Knight. I think the new story has it all. Great gameplay, that is very diverse, but also never lingers on anything too long. It's a game without padding, and therefore every minute of it is memorable.
  • The Return of the Obra Dinn. I love, love, love original puzzle games so much. This one is ticking all the right boxes, its purpose is clear, the difficulty increases at the right place, but it never feels like "just a puzzle", but more like an epic adventure.

I feel spoiled!

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Tetris Effect is a gem, isn't it? Best version of the game I've ever played. I can only imagine what it's like when played in VR.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

... Past six days all I've played is Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition and added another 20 hours to my save to rack it up to fifty.

Gosh darn it there's so muuuuuuuuuch to do on this next map! It's so condensed and full of stuff that I've barely moved the main story along!

Loving every second so unless the quality suddenly takes a nosedive I think it's safe to say this might be my favourite rpg for a good long while 😁

One dungeon (that I guess is "main plotline adjuacent" but definitely seems to feed into later main events from the info I've discovered (And Beast's questline if I had him as a party member)) can be a bit overwhelming at first thanks to the party getting seperated and the enemies seem to have higher defences then normal (Plus my builds and methods work better in a group)

The fact you can quicksave (even in battle) and make hard saves anywhere (outside of battle) along with autosaves means you should have some saves you can go back to if it's too tough (And you can flee from most battles too with zero repercussions)

The loading is a bit long too but considering it's got no load screens afterward and it's got to reload stuff like all the surfaces (for things like water, oil, smoke, clouds), objects (seeing as you can move things as well as looting all the chests) and likes means I can live with it.

... If I had to nitpick I'd say the walking speed could be quicker too.

Other then that though it's golden! Don't think I can play it on higher difficulties though... it's providing a good challenge on Classic for me at the moment

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic