Forums

Topic: This Gen's Best Character Bracket

Posts 301 to 320 of 664

Thrillho

Some of these rounds (like this one) I feel like I’ve been playing a different console to the rest of you as I only know lemur and Vicar Max (and the latter I didn’t like enough to vote for).

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho That's kind of a nice thing, I feel, about a contest like this. I didn't play The Fallen Order, but these characters look way cool and made me more interested.

In the same way I hope characters like Chloe Price and BK might inspire gamers here to play their games.

Kidfried

Gremio108

Vicar Max
Chloe Price
John Donovan

Funnily enough I only completed Vicar Max's side quest last night and he went up in my estimation a bit as a result. He was my least favourite companion before that

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

AdamNovice

Fetch
A Lemur
Chloe Price
Trilla Sudiri
Deacon St John

Btw why does Lofty look like Lisa Simpson?

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Col_McCafferty

Oh dear, looks like Deacon is already behind.

Come on Days Gone fans, help get Deek through to the next round!

Col_McCafferty

BearsEatBeets

The Lemur from Uncharted 4?!? I sometimes wonder what we're voting on.

Glad to see Regis won his tough round and it looks like we have another with the 2 Fallen Order characters up against each other. My votes this round,

Fetch
Lofty (never played Ni No Kuni but I'm guessing he is a sentient being with personality)
Trilla Suduri
Deacon St John

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

I missed the last round. Oh well. Wouldn't have made a difference!

My current votes are as follows:

Battle 1: Abstain
Battle 2: Lofty (a.k.a. the toddler's drawing of Lisa Simpson)
Battle 3: Abstain
Battle 4: Burton Briggs
Battle 5: Cere Junda
Battle 6: John Donovan

Surprised to see some votes for Trilla over Cere. Both characters were great, but Trilla is somebody we've seen versions of before, and her arc was predictable. Cere had so much more complexity, and she ended up in a much more interesting (and uncertain) place. She was also the game's biggest badass, responsible for one of its best "punch the air" moments.

My vote in the fourth battle isn't an endorsement of Borderlands, by the way, but rather a condemnation of Chloe Price. It won't help, but at least I've planted my flag.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice We made the same Lisa Simpson joke!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Shigurui

Fetch
Lofty
Vicar Max
Burton Briggs
Deacon St. John

@JohnnyShoulder - My fault mate, sorry about that. (Totally not sorry)

Thanks to all the BK voters. I believe I was the first (only?) person to nominate him. Cheers guys!

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

mookysam

@Kidfried

Fetch
Lofty
Vicar Max
Chloe Price
Cere Junda

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

Fetch
Lemur
Vicar Max (who the actual f**k said Susie lmao)
Burton (because Chloe drags that entire game down and there shall be justice for Max)
Trilla (more interesting let’s just say)
John Donovan (because Deacon is everything wrong with gaming)

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

AndyKazama

2B - Nier Automata
Rin Namiki - Kandagawa Jet Girls
Ryza - Atelier Ryza Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout
Makoto - Persona 5
The Plain Doll - Bloodborne

AndyKazama

JohnnyShoulder

Fetch

Vicar Max

Chloe Price

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@AndyKazama Thanks for posting, bit unfortunately nominations are already closed. So you can't submit new characters

You can vote every three days for a new round. Right now we're voting between:

Kidfried wrote:

ROUND 1 - 8

The last round of voting for this bracket's first phase. Voting is easy, just give me the names of the characters you want to vote on. You don't have to vote on every battle.

Battle 1: Fetch (Infamous) vs. Amon Barrus (Earthlock)
Untitled

Battle 2: A lemur (Uncharted) vs. Lofty (Ni No Kuni)
Untitled

Battle 3: Vicar Max (The Outer Worlds) vs. Susie (Bloodstained)
Untitled

Battle 4:
Burton Briggs (Borderlands) vs. Chloe Price (Life Is Strange)
Untitled

Battle 5:
Trilla Suduri (Star Wars) vs. Cere Junda (Star Wars)
Untitled

Battle 6:
Deacon St. John (Days Gone) vs. John Donovan (Mafia)
Untitled

TAGGING
Every round I will tag all current participants. Do you dislike getting tagged? Or do you want me to add you to the tagged names? Just let me know, and I won't or will bother you next time.

There are way more characters on the way like 2B and others, who are coming up in next rounds.

Kidfried

Col_McCafferty

@nessisonett Deacon St. John is everything bad about gaming?

Wtf?!

You occasionally post some questionable stuff but you've really outdone yourself this time!

Col_McCafferty

nessisonett

@Col_McCafferty Bland, angry dudebro. The very worst of protagonists and the sort I thought we were done with after the PS3 days.

Col_McCafferty

@nessisonett You obviously haven't played the game if that's your conclusion.

Sure he's no Arthur Morgan but few characters are!

He's a good guy, just trying to survive a freaker apocalypse. I'd say he's got plenty of things to be angry about wouldn't you?

😉

Col_McCafferty

nessisonett

@Col_McCafferty He’s not a good guy. He consistently uses people on his quest to find his wife, randomly ‘angry whispers’ when you go near the slightest bit of action and has two emotions, ‘angry’ and ‘glum’. The ending of the game is pants because there’s no comeuppance or learning experience, he doesn’t even change. Playstation exclusive protagonists fall into two categories, ‘angry/glum’ and ‘quippy rogue’. It’s more a problem with the industry than Sony themselves although they don’t help much. Aloy’s the only one I wouldn’t say fits into either category.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.