Forums

Topic: This Gen's Best Character Bracket

Posts 321 to 340 of 664

Col_McCafferty

@nessisonett That's simply not true but it's hard to explain without getting into spoiler territory, which is something I never like to do.

I like the guy, warts and all, and he deserves a place in the next round. Let the people decide!

Col_McCafferty

NYJetsfan123

@Col_McCafferty

Deacon St John might be my favorite character of this gen! If he loses in this round, I riot! Haha

NYJetsfan123

Col_McCafferty

@NYJetsfan123 Ha, I would.join you mate but I'm the other side of the pond from you so might be a tad difficult.

😉

Col_McCafferty

Kidfried

@nessisonett What Sony games did you play? Certainly not Concrete Genie, Death Stranding, Gravity Rush, The Last Guardian, Until Dawn or Erica.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

Fetch
Chloe

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

AndyKazama

@Kidfried late to the party haha. Barely know any of these. 😅 Where have I been? 😅

AndyKazama

Kidfried

@AndyKazama Shall I tag you for the next rounds? You might know their names!

Kidfried

AndyKazama

@Kidfried sounds good. I check the site for news regularly but this is the first week using the forums.

AndyKazama

Kidfried

RESULTS ROUND 1-8

Thanks for voting everyone. I tallied up the scores for you all, let's see...

Untitled

Some very weird and unexpected stuff happened this round. A summary:

• We had our very first (and probably only) clean sheet! Fetch managed to get every vote, and Barrus... none!
  • Lofty almost lost to a random Lemur from Uncharted. Uh-oh.
  • The Star Wars face off went back and forth a lot.
  • Our first actual tie. In case of a tie my vote won't count. Only, I didn't vote for this round. The second tiebreaker is... whoever character got the first vote in. Congrats @Col_McCafferty

Fetch, Lofty, Vicar Max. *Chloe *, *Trilla * and Deacon proceed to the next round. The rest is out!

This concludes the first phase of the contest

From here on out, the characters are going to be bigger. Also, the layout will be a bit different. Check the next post!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

ROUND 2 - 1

Welcome to the next phase in this bracket. Voting is easy, just give me the names of the characters you want to vote on. You don't have to vote on every battle.

Battle 1: Patches (Bloodborne) vs. Quiet (Metal Gear Solid)
Untitled

Battle 2: Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption) vs. Kassandra (Assassin's Creed)
Untitled

Battle 3: Pagan Min (Far Cry) vs. Daniel Diaz (Life Is Strange)
Untitled

Battle 4:
Connor (Detroit) vs. Yuna (Ghost of Tsushima)
Untitled

TAGGING
Every round I will tag all current participants. Do you dislike getting tagged? Or do you want me to add you to the tagged names? Just let me know, and I won't or will bother you next time.

@kyleforrester87 @JapaneseSonic @nessisonett @Gremio108 @Rudy_Manchego @NYJetsfan123 @Shigurui @Arugula @JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger @LN87 @BearsEatBeets @themcnoisy @Th3solution @Trisque @AdamNovice @mookysam @ApostateMage @Octane @crimsontadpoles @LieutenantFatman @Kefka2589 @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Draco_V_Ecliptic @Tjuz @Thrillho @Trisque @Col_McCafferty @AndyKazama

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried First of all, kudos to the graphics, they look superb!

Only voting for one this round, I don't have a strong opinion on the others.

Connor

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

PATCHES

PAGAN MIN

YUNA

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Octane They look quite cool. I'm only afraid it's taking up too much screen for some. Let me know if anyone is having trouble with it, I can always change it into something else.

Also, you only say that because Knack is in them, and he has a triforce on his hand.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Thrillho

Quiet
Arthur Morgan

Thrillho

NYJetsfan123

Quiet
Arthur Morgan
Pagan Min
Yuna

NYJetsfan123

nessisonett

Quiet
Arthur Morgan (tough choice but due to Kass being somewhat player defined, Arthur is the stronger character)
Pagan Min
Connor

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

Quiet
Arthur
Conner
(Voting Conner over Yuna is tough, but despite he being fairly “wooden” as an Android, I felt him more relatable. Yuna was good, and has an interesting conflict and dramatic storyline, but didn’t have the je ne sais quoi , as it were)

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Col_McCafferty

Yay, Deek got through. In your face Nessi!

😜

Oh Arthur! Morgan all the way, am I allowed to vote for him more than once?!

Tough on Kassandra whom I absolutely adore but Arthur Morgan isn't just one of the greatest characters of this gen but of ALL TIME. Playing RDR2 a second time at present and deep into Chapter 6. It's staggering what Rockstar accomplished.

Connor - 28 stab wounds! Bryan Dechart comes across as a really great guy as well.

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

nessisonett

@Col_McCafferty I did a giant dump yesterday and honestly it has more character than Deacon. Smells better too.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ApostateMage

Now we're at it!

Quiet - I thought MGSV was a bit naff but I did like Quiet humming in the grass.

Arthur Morgan - As much as I love Kass, she ain't a patch on my boah Arthur.

Connor - Such a likeable android. I hated getting the trophy were he is killed at every opportunity.

ApostateMage

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.