Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,721 to 5,740 of 5,748

nessisonett

@Bundersvessel No co-op, that’s why I didn’t get Far Cry 4’s platinum!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Bundersvessel Don’t think I could return to 4, spent way way too many hours getting literally everything on the map which was unnecessary even for the platinum, too much of a good thing! Cheers for the offer though 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

sorteddan

#211 Need for Speed: Unbound (PS5)
Don't think I've ever gotten a platinum on a NfS game before so hooray for me! Pretty easy overall, lots of collectable, challenge and map clearance stuff post game and one slightly chancy online trophy that requires 7 other players to join an online playlist. Thanks to @CaptD for pointing me towards the easy way to score mucho points for another trophy after wasting around 3 hours trying to do it the hard way.
About 43 hours according to the counter.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@sorteddan Good stuff, I have quite a few NFS platinums, in fact I managed to get two back to back when I had EA Play for a month. They are usually quite enjoyable but usually have an online component and NFS unbound was the worst recent one out of the series for that. NFS Heat is pretty good as I remember and certainly has better music than Unbound (I detested the music in that but that's me).

My latest plats are Metal Hellsinger which was short and easy, and Outer Worlds which was pretty good but could have been better, that too was fairly easy.
Both games were on PS Plus Extra.

CaptD

RogerRoger

Platinum #90 ended up being Kao the Kangaroo (PS5). I was hoping it'd be Battlefront Classic Collection but alas, the reports of its disastrous state have not been exaggerated (and its platinum, whilst basic, is a ludicrous grind, one I'm not prepared to endure).

With any luck, I think I've got my "Road to 100" mapped out, as well.

@Anti-Matter If you haven't played it already, I think you'll really enjoy Kao. It's fun, colourful, and very playable (although be warned that its DLC caught me off-guard with a few difficulty spikes).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

Untitled

Definitely not in the same league as the PS2 trilogy, but I had fun with it for the most part.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
Oh, I already have Kao the Kangaroo PS5 since 2 years ago, but I don't have PS5 machine yet.
I try to get PS5 machine during May or June 2024 so I can play all my purchased PS5 games in disc.
And I'm not crazy for hunting the trophies.
I play the games without being Perfectionist.

Anti-Matter

Voltan

Another game, another bugged trophy...
Apparently Final Fantasy VII Rebirth's latest patch made it impossible to finish one of the side quests, and thus get a trophy for completing all quests.
It can be worked around by re-installing the game offline and loading the save on v1.0 (obviously only works with physical copies), which I will be considering, even though it's a bit of a pain in the behind...

Voltan

CaptD

@Voltan
Oh noes not another one, you sure do pick em.
I can see the headline now, "Angry man yells at Cloud (and Tifa, Barret, Aerith)"

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

sorteddan

Just managed to achieve the platinum for Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS5). The trophy list initially seems daunting as you have to complete a run on Inferno (hardest) in under 2 hours with less than 5 saves but by the time you've done a number of playthroughs and unlocked all the cheat stuff you're able to speedrun the game in just over an hour.
Quite enjoyed it.
Total time around 22 hours.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

@CaptD Good one
Yeah, it's just my luck lately
This is a 150+ hour long Platinum too. There's still several other things I need to do before starting hard mode, so I'm delaying the re-install for now.

Voltan

MidnightDragonDX

Played Felix the Cat for both PS4 and PS5. Two more plats.

MidnightDragonDX

Voltan

Good news

Voltan

sorteddan

Latest platinum was Nobody Saves the World (PS5) which I've been playing co-op with a friend online for the last couple of months, whenever we both had the time and inclination.

It's a fairly fun game with no real difficulty or challenges, providing you have the right characters and skills for specific dungeon encounters. Did most of the trophies in the initial run but all progress carries to NG+, and since you need to complete that, did the final form quests there.

Didn't enjoy it as much as Drinkbox 's Guacamelee games but a laugh to play through with a friend. Just under 30 hours total, but that probably includes a couple of hours where one of us had gone to make a coffee or deal with whatever.

CaptD

@sorteddan Nice. I bought the dlc for that game when it was cheap, will get round to the game+dlc at some point.

CaptD

sorteddan

@CaptD
Yeah I also considered the DLC when I saw it was around £2 last week but to be honest I felt the @30 hours I had with the game was enough for me. I would recommend seeing if you can find a co-op partner for it if you can. It's absolutely not necessary but seemed more fun that way - and you can work on two characters form quests simultaneously (which are the main grind in the game).

sorteddan

Just popped my latest platinum with Inscryption (PS5) after initially playing through it as part of last month's game club 😎

Wasn't intending to go for trophy completion but got a bit addicted to it somewhere along the way. A really refreshingly different game that I'd definitely recommend for anyone needing a change of pace. Required some mastery/manipulation of its systems to beat the Kaycee's mod challenges but quite a fun challenge. Came in just short of 50 hours over the last month.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic