Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,021 to 5,040 of 5,759

CaptD

Well done @LtSarge You had that platinum in the spotlight.
Next up Returnal.

CaptD

sorteddan

@LtSarge
Well done on adding another shiny to the collection.

#161 DeathRun TV
Twin-stick roguelite. A bit like Smash TV. Fun enough but no great shakes.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@LtSarge The Returnal platinum is a bit of a pain, I speak from personal experience, it can be fudged by cloud saving which is what I did as the RNG gods never look favourably on me. Even the mighty Shuhei failed.

@sorteddan Congrats on your latest plat.

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

Fight_Teza_Fight

Wrong thread for this, but with all the Mass Effect talk… .
I’m just about to start legendary edition having never played any of the games. Any beginner tips for maximum enjoyment?

I had a quick look at the trophy guide & I think the plats not for me with the amount of missables. Going in completely blind (outside of having seen the memes & the ‘controversial’ ending for 3).

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

CWill97

@Thrillho ME 2 was such a great game! I missed the PS3 era. When I played the Legendary Edition, it made me mad I missed out on these gems. ME2 was my favorite of the three! Big congrats to you!!

I have two “platinum” games to report:

1. Life is Strange: True Colors
2. The Artful Escape

Both were extremely easy, relaxing platinums. I can’t remember who recommended TAE, but thank you!! It was a fantastic 4 to 5 hour detour.

I also completed Yakuza 3 mainly for the story. I actually hated the combat so much. Too many stun locks & automatic blocking no matter what I did. Glad I passed up on going for the platinum. What are your thoughts on Y3? I liked (not loved) the story, but the boss fights at time were a painful slog. I’m no fighting game expert too which makes it worse. Coming from Yakuza 2 which I adored, Yakuza 3 was a major letdown. Easily the bottom ranking for Yakuza games for me. Yes, this is me bitching and bringing it down a few notches because of the Lau Long fight haha. Anyways, after my long rant, onto Yakuza 4!!!

CWill97

CaptD

@Fight_Teza_Fight The plats on all 3 MAss effect remasters aren't too bad and despite missables they aren't actually too missable.
As for tips, I liked to follow the teachings of the great Captain James T Kirk..
1. Never let any of the landing party wear red
2. When facing a problem always wait until someone says "I've an idea, it has a slim chance but might just work" and do that.
3. Bed as many sexy ETs as possible, but never let the crew do likewise as that would be unprofessional.
And lastly, if someone tries to give you a box of furry little creatures just say "No thank you, I've already eaten". Nb. Does anyone remember these in the original Elite game? It might have just been the C64 version. I seem to remember having to fly close to the sun to kill them all.

@CWill97 Congrats on your plats, Glad you liked Artful Escape

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

Fight_Teza_Fight

@CaptD Thanks Captain! Will keep those teachings in mind 🫡.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

colonelkilgore

@CWill97 congrats on you’re latest two plats, you gonna be sticking around for a few more indies or going back to the AAA’s?

Edit. @Sorteddan too, sorry bud I missed yours initially… had a quick look on the store for the game though and was on a steep sale (& looked quite cool) so picked it up. How long did the plat take out of interest?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
It wasn't a game I'd ever play for long periods - more a 5 minute blast type of thing when I couldn't think of what else to do. Though obviously runs took longer after I'd I unlocked more stuff and was better able to make more progress through the stages. Profile counter says around 6 hours though I would have thought I spent a bit more time on it than that. Maybe 8-10 hours.

And thanks.

The best thing about it may well be the song that plays on the title screen. Not sure what that says about the game.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CWill97

@CaptD thank you!

@colonelkilgore Appreciate it! I’m actually debating that. I will be playing Yakuza 4’s main story though before I decide if I want to platinum it first or something else. I’d prefer to work on it little by little like I’m doing with FFX’s sphere grids (biggest grind of my life). Though Yakuza gets addicting once you get on a roll. So we will see!!

You always ask about me. I’m rude not to ask about your trophy adventures! My bad there! Anything you’re up to?! It doesn’t have to be a platinum journey. Anyone can answer that btw. It’s always fun to hear what everyone else is playing!

Happy trophy hunting/gaming!!

CWill97

render

@LtSarge @Thrillho @sorteddan @CWill97 Also congrats from me on all those shiny platinums.

I've got ME2 to play at some point this year so really need to make time for that. The first one was a really positive experience and it sounds like #2 carries on the same quality.

render

colonelkilgore

@CWill97 nah, if anything I’m probably the rude one for being so nosey bud 😅.

As for me, I’m pretty notorious for my long-term planning in terms of whittling down my backlog (or my attempts to anyway), so I always have one thing or another on the go. I’m currently scheduled up until the end of 2025 🤣!

About halfway through The Surge 2 at the mo (and absolutely loving it… a very solid souls-like in every respect that matters) and will be moving onto Diablo 3 later this month.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Fight_Teza_Fight Enjoy!

The platinums really aren’t that hard. If you mix up your party enough then you’ll get most of them in ME1.

I guess one piece of advice would be with regards to “paragon” and “renegade”, i.e. being an all-out good or bad guy. Most of the time in dialogue options, things on the left of the wheel give you more info about the topic you’re on while the ones on the right move the conversation on. On the right, you’ll normally have three options, the top being paragon, middle neutral, bottom renegade.

You build up paragon and renegade points through the game. Having a high(er) level of one can unlock dialogue to get you out of situations, sometimes quite important ones, so the game can punish you somewhat for not going all in on being a goodie or baddy.

That’s the main reason I ended up playing ME2 so many times. Feel free to play it how you like and most of the time being full on renegade will get you out of trouble just as much as being an absolute angel the whole time.

And you can still be a bit of a d*ck at times to people and get away with it

Thrillho

johncalmc

Great news everyone. I got the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy on Persona 4 Golden on PS4. This is my fourth time attempting to get the Persona 4 Golden platinum but I've always messed it up because of Hardcore Risette Fan. Now I have it and the rest of the trophy list is just admin so it's pretty much just waiting for me to finish it.

What an achievement. This is basically like that story about the man and the whale, except I uppercutted the whale into the next world and the entire town threw a feast for me in celebration instead of however that whale book ends.

johncalmc

Twitter:

CaptD

Good show @johncalmc I didn't have too much trouble with p4 golden on vita but it does seem to be a problem with quite a few people judging by the trophy guide sites. God bless the RNG gods.

@bentleyma Well done on your plat, Cyndi Lauper would approve.

CaptD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic