Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,041 to 5,060 of 5,761

AgentCooper

@Bentleyma Congratulations on your latest shiny! All this talk of True Colours has really piqued my interest.
@johncalmc Well done pal on pushing through onto the other side, should we call you Ahab now?

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

LtSarge

Platinum #43: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PS4)

Three Platinum trophies in one month has to be a personal record lol. I'm honestly not even actively looking for games to platinum, these are just coming naturally to me.

Anyway, I really enjoyed getting the Platinum in Spyro 2. It only took me around 9 hours to do everything and while most of the trophies are about doing side objectives in the levels, they were still fun to do. I did have to use a guide from time to time, but other than that the trophies are straightforward.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

CaptD

Congrats @LtSarge I enjoyed Spyro, didn't play them back in the day despite having a ps1. I enjoyed the mini flying games, I would imagine those were a nightmare on ps1.

Recent plats for me...
Journey to a savage planet on ps++. I enjoyed this and an easy platinum but does have a few coop trophies.
Demon's Souls remake. Not quite there yet as I need another playthrough but I have all bar one trophy. Excellent remake and despite completing this twice before on PS3 the game still kicks my butt.

Platinum failures...
Moss psvr1. Had to complete it without dying which I did but trophy didn't pop and there isn't a stat indicator to show when you have failed so stuff that platinum. Fab game though, nightmare platinum.
Horizon FW. Managed to get all trophies bar the melee pits which was typical Guerilla guff so gave up, felt like i was playing mortal combat with the button sequences. Will return in a couple of years for Dlc and ng+ (I normally like to have a long break before ng+)

CaptD

colonelkilgore

Congrats and commiserations @CaptD! Must be infuriated about the Moss one having done what you needed… and I totally get you on those ‘em]Horizon Forbidden West[/em] melee pits, they were a nightmare! Well done on Journey to the Savage Planet and Demon’s Souls though… and that run through for the final Demon’s Souls trophy can be done super quickly. I’m sure it took under an hour 👍

**** DLC!

render

#59 Hogwarts Legacy - Pretty much knew this was going to be a good one but actually exceeded my expectations. One of the strongest parts of the game is the exploration which it easily delivers, there's no end of interesting places to discover inside and outside the castle. There's also a really cool combat system that looks like it scales nicely through the difficultly levels. It's more than enough to keep you entertained throughout and I can easily recommend this to anyone who loves a good open world game.

I'm also considering myself quite lucky that the trophy relating to the collectibles popped as some of the in game counts for those items are slightly out. Thank Sony for trophy tracking though as at least I could see from there how many I'd got left to go.

render

colonelkilgore

@render congrats dude, that’s a fairly meaty plat by all accounts… and one which can be quite glitchy too so a big well done 👍

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@render
Oh nice one. Well done on that one.
As someone who has never had any interest in the Potter-verse I can't imagine I'd ever feel like playing it. Good to hear it found its mark with you though.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@LtSarge @CaptD
Congrats on your recent triumphs as well peeps.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@render Congrats on your graduation Wizard Render.

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

render

@colonelkilgore @sorteddan @CaptD Cheers all. I can say that even if you aren't into the source material it's still a damn good game. If you've read the books or seen the films though it makes it that bit better as you'll get the references and notice easter eggs while you are out exploring. It got me thinking that I was always into the Terry Pratchett Discworld novels as a kid and I remember playing the point and click adventure on PC back in the day, but I would love to see some more games based around that world. Probably showing my age there 😅

render

sorteddan

Just noticed that at some point today I got the 10,000th trophy on my profile so hurray for me. Investigating I think it was Capitalist trophy (bronze) on Sackboy PS5.

Well if I had a penny for every trophy I've earned I would have... £100
and I do have £100 so whatever.

ScarletSpidey

@sorteddan What a milestone!

I haven't been here in a while, real life getting in the way, but I just got the plat for God of War Ragnarok. Really enjoyed it but I don't think I'll double back for the 2018 GoT plat. Those post-credit bosses are just too hard.

ScarletSpidey

nessisonett

Been a while since I checked in here. Got the platinums for Yakuza Like A Dragon, Lego DC Super-Villains and Lego Jurassic World since then, taking me to #40!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

AgentCooper

@sorteddan @ScarletSpidey Congratulations gang on more sterling work and @nessisonett for that triple threat! 👍 how many Lego plats are you on now? Super villains is my first foray into Lego games, looking to plat it this month but I needed a break from the tedium.

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

CaptD

@sorteddan Congrats on having loadsofmoney (bish bash bosh ... 10k ... of trophies 😜 )
@ScarletSpidey Nice. That game is on my list to play although I need to buy it first.
@nessisonett Congrats on Yakuza LAD, I've Have that loaded and ready to go although I don't think I will be going for that plat. And well done on circumventing the trophy glitches on the Lego games as they are notorious for them and I'm sure those two aren't any different.

CaptD

nessisonett

@AgentCooper @colonelkilgore @CaptD Cheers all, the Lego platinums are getting closer to full completion, just have Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Incredibles and The Skywalker Saga left!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic