Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 5,749

Bundersvessel

@colonelkilgore Thanks mate, it seems ok for the most part but is obviously showing its age, although the series x does a great job of giving the game a little lift, in fact my wife thought it was a recent remaster. Having a look at the trophy list for DC Villains, arduous is definitely the word. I’ll most likely break it up. Good luck with Surge anyway, let me know how you find it 👍

@CaptD They do look enjoyable I agree, and then there’s RE2r on hardcore, I just wanted to cave my head in with frustration during the penultimate Birkin fight. Admittedly, I think it came down to poor resource management on my part, but still one hell of a fight.

Speaking of which… congratulations @CuteBoyMnM on pushing through for that RE4r plat 👍

and congrats to @CWill97 I personally can’t wait to get round to this series, I hear so many good things.

CaptD

@CuteBoyMnM Wow, RE4r, I'm sure the tears were worth it and I can't see me getting that platinum.
Dishonoured 2 should be a lot easier, great game and an enjoyable plat. Shame I will never play another dishonoured, oh well.

@CWill97 A Yakuza plat! Wow well done.

CaptD

BearsEatBeets

Much respect @CuteBoyMnM on getting the plat for RE4R. I'm on my third playthrough for hardcore at the moment but can't see me ever achieving S+ without allowing the infinite rocket launcher. I can't imagine I'll get an S on all the firing range challenges either.

Well done @CWill97 also. The Yakuza games are another that require a dedication far beyond what I'm willing to attempt.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @CuteBoyMnM and @CWill97 for that real impressive pair of plats! Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

CWill97

@RogerRoger @BearsEatBeets @CaptD @AgentCooper @colonelkilgore thanks everyone! It feels nice having a place to talk about mine & everyone else’s trophies without scrutiny. I’m no hardcore trophy collector but I have fun doing it. Appreciate the congratulations guys!

Anyways, I want to take a little break from the Yakuza series. I’m trying to get through all the main games before LAD 8. I actually started at LAD 7 which obviously wasn’t the best starting point but loved it regardless.

Thinking about going for a couple “lighter” platinums that are on PS + Extra/Premium. Does anyone have any suggestions? Life Is Strange: True Colors is probably my next one. But, I’m drawing blanks on what to play after. Any thoughts? Happy trophy/platinum hunting!!!

CWill97

colonelkilgore

@CWill97 good idea dude, fitting in the odd ‘lighter’/shorter platinum is something that I try to do before burn out sets in. I found going old-school can be a nice palette cleanser, so a 2D Metroidvania, a twin-stick shooter or maybe try a rogue-like/lite. Their trophy lists are normally somewhere in the vicinity of 30 hours (though that can obviously vary) so you wouldn’t have to dedicate a great deal of your time… but when you return to your usual fare, you should be well and truly freshened-up.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@CWill97 Yakuza platinums are never to be sniffed at, especially the older ones! I only have the plat for Y6 and Like A Dragon.

As to your question, a very quick skim of the PS+ game list and both Concrete Genie and Chicory are on there, both of which are neat, chilled indies which are easy enough to platinum.

Both actually have a mechanic about painting and drawing within the world but are quite different games beyond that. I would say Chicory is the better game but Concrete Genie is much shorter.

Thrillho

CaptD

@CWill97 A few more smaller games to add to Thrillho's list. I have played these recently (bar Haven) , all on ps++
Haven. I haven't started this yet but downloaded it, it didn't sound great but user reviews have persuaded me to give it a go.
Journey to the savage planet. The Colonel (no not that one) and I have just played this, I thought it was pretty good. It has a few coop trophies.
The artful escape. A relaxing 3hr game.
The gardens between. Small platform puzzler.
Omno A bit like Rime but then again nothing like Rime.

CaptD

render

@MaulTsir Congrats on Among Us, I've not even looked at that game but I'm sure it's one I'll check out with the kids at some point. Nice one on Edith Finch too. I started that a couple of weeks ago and really need to finish it.

@LtSarge Well done on that Astro's plat, great little game and must have been one of the first I got on PS5.

@sorteddan Nice work on Death's Door, a truly memorable game that I would happily play again sometime.

@colonelkilgore A 3 in 1 deal, nice work you have been really busy! Fantastic stats too, congrats on the century.

@CuteBoyMnM Straight in there with RE4, must be one of the first if not the first on here to pop that plat, well done!

And finally @CWill97, that was a real undertaking so congrats on that Yakuza shiny.

That was an insane level of platinum activity over the weekend, I blinked and missed it all 😅

render

Thrillho

#59 - Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition)

Untitled

A fairly simple plat if you’re going to play the game fully. Still an incredible game though, even with it being the fourth or fifth time I’ve finished it.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho "I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite platinum of the topic."

Remind me, you also got the platinum for the previous game, yeah? Think you'll go for the third? And how're you getting along with the extra Legendary Edition list?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Yeah, I got ME1 already and actually have the plats for the original versions of ME2 and ME3 already!

The legendary edition sets are similar to the original ones but without the need for an insanity run. There aren’t many missable ones but I guess ones like overloading x amount of shields would be if you never took someone with that ability along.

I’ll end up with most of the Legendary Edition trophies too, other than for the insanity run ones. I already have the ones for killing x amount of enemies and melee killing x amount too, plus the romance ones.

The (non trophy) difference to my old plays though is that this is the first time I’ve played as FemShep throughout. I did a single renegade ME2 run as her back in the day but haven’t completed the series with her before.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yeah, I think BioWare did the right thing by splitting up the trophies the way they did. These plats must feel like a walk in the park, compared to earning them on the PS3 originals!

Thanks to my intransigent playstyle, I'm missing most of the specific biotic and ability trophies, as well as the "take Ashley on lots of missions" trophy from ME1. They're things I'd have to go out of my way to attempt and monitor during a fresh playthrough, in order to be able to snag the three plats, but it'd feel weird. As far as the separate Legendary Edition list goes, I'd have to romance somebody in ME2 (again, would feel weird) and consider playing on Insanity in ME2 and ME3 (because I took advantage of a loophole to snag the first Insanity trophy from ME1 before BioWare patched it).

Heh, I've also done a random Renegade FemShep playthrough of ME2 before! I've tried (or rather, tried to consider) doing the same with the other games, but never followed through. Must be something about ME2 that makes her feel right at home!

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

Congratulations Commander @Thrillho , we salute you.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Nice @Thrillho, I actually have the first one lined up to play in a couple of months. Will only be my second ever playthrough of it… but I can’t wait to get to the sequel if you’re still enjoying it that much on the 4th or 5th time 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

Congrats @Thrillho Recently I've had the urge to play mass effect andromeda, I'm sure it will pass.

CaptD

BearsEatBeets

Nice one @Thrillho. Straight on to 3 or a break before going for that one? The remaster was the first time I did a full saga FemShep run too, but I kept her Paragon.
@RogerRoger I'm missing the romance one from the legendary set because of ME2 also, but believe you can do one of the other ones for a second time to get it to count.
I've got the Insanity runs down as a maybe one day give it a go kind of thing.

I

BearsEatBeets

Thrillho

@RogerRoger The insanity play throughs are really something else! I did like that the PS3 version of ME2 had a trophy for importing your ME1 character or completing the game twice... when ME1 wasn't even available to play! The Arrival DLC had its own trophy collection too, some of which were a bit tricky and thankfully not in this version.

I always tend to play as a biotic as warp is so powerful which makes that trophy easy. Garrus and Mordin are always my guys in ME2 as they are such dudes but also have overload and incinerate respectively so all bases are covered between the three of us. Again, quite handy for the trophies!

I think the trophy for having Ashley pinged for me before I even left the Citadel in ME1 as you can use her from the start and it's very easy to pick up five small missions and complete them if you do everything before leaving.

As for romance, Liara is clearly the canon love interest, right? I cosied up with Thane in ME2 though as he's an absolute don too.

@colonelkilgore It was my first time playing ME1! It's dated badly but still a solid story but it's just a shame there's so much recycled content (all side missions seemingly take place in one of two layouts and that one tedious mini game for unlocking anything gets rather tiring by the 60th time it comes up). As for ME2, I think on PS3 I had my first run where I lost some crew, a second successful one, I think a separate one for Insanity, and then the renegade FemShep run!

@BearsEatBeets Paragon all the way for me on this run although it was the first time that I took the supposed renegade action when it came to the get heretics this time. I'll break it up the series with something else before completing the Shepard hat trick.

@CaptD I have still yet to bring myself to ever play Andromeda and have hovered over the purchase button in the store a few times but never pressed it. That said, one user on here (@LtSarge ?) played it a while ago and wrote a glowing report for it. But I still don't think I'll ever get to it.

@sorteddan And a salute back at you soldier. At ease!

Thrillho

BearsEatBeets

@Thrillho I played through Andromeda twice to get the plat. It's not that bad. The characters and story don't come close to the originals but the gameplay is very fun. I'd say it's worth a punt at the few quid you could probably pick it up for now.

BearsEatBeets

LtSarge

Platinum #42: Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (PS4)

Didn't think I'd be getting another Platinum trophy this soon after my last one. It's a fairly straightforward one but it can take some time and a good amount of grinding to unlock all the social ranks. It took me in total 13 hours to get all the trophies. It's definitely a fun game but the grinding kinda makes me regret going for the Platinum. Anyway, I got it now and it feels great to be finally done with this game.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic