Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,621 to 4,640 of 5,755

oliverp

@colonelkilgore Congrats to the Uncharted Platinum and thanks for sharing dude. Its an inspiring read. I played first three Uncharted games last year (thinking about playing #4 this year). Personally i did not find the games easy by any means on hard so its impressive that you manged to beat the first game on the crushing difficulty (something I have yet to do). I think maybe the following games may be even more challenging on that difficulty level (especially the final boss in Drakes Deception). That said I of course wish you the best of luck!

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

colonelkilgore

Cheers @oliverp funny you should mention the final boss of 3 as I can't remember much of the third game at all of I'm honest (apart from the fact that i liked it more than most people seem to).

I do remember some of 2 being challenging towards the end and obviously a few people on the thread have mentioned 4 having some particularly difficult section ls too. Sounds like I'll have my work cut out for me on all of them if I'm honest 😅

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

#76 - L.A. Noire Remastered

Still a great game with a less-than-great trophy list. It does a pretty solid job of enhancing the experience, right up until the moment you reach its last couple of extra-curricular collectathons and it just descends into a waste of time. I wanted this particular platinum, though, so happily found some to waste.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

The_Moose

@RogerRoger

Congratulations buddy. Never got around to play L.A. Noire but I keep an eye out for it on sale. The trophy list just a bit bland?

#61 Rainswept

An indie murder mystery where you're given multiple dialogue options though only a few can alter the ending. I survived so assuming I got the good one.

It's not a great game by any means but you seem to get the platinum about 40% of the way through even though you haven't really done anything.

Also plagued with crashes so be warned if you give it a go.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

RogerRoger

@The_Moose Thank you! Definitely do grab L.A. Noire if the price is right. The trophy list isn't the worst, and it features some fun case-specific challenges along the way. It's just a shame that its most valuable rewards are cookie-cutter "find fifty of these" and "drive ninety of these" sandbox objectives (which, to be fair, dominated all the games of its day, so they shouldn't be surprising).

Congratulations on your own latest achievement there, too, even if it was a platinum of patience rather than skill or enjoyment. Sounds like a bit of a rough ride but hey, a plat's a plat, right...?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger congrats Rog, sounds like you enjoyed the game itself quite a bit before hitting a bit of a wall during the final straight for the platinum. Kudos for pushing on when it got monotonous though 👍

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Congrats to @The_Moose too, interesting one that what with popping the plat less than half of the way through… might be one to save in the backlog in case I need an ‘emergency-plat’ 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Much obliged, sir! Absolutely yes, it's a great game when you just sit back and enjoy the ride, and don't try to reach that elusive 100% completion stat.

If nothing else, the experience has reminded me to be more discerning about which platinums to chase.

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

Oh well done @RogerRoger
That's a cool one to have in the collection.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

And congrats to @The_Moose on another detective related platinum.
Was tempted to pick that up when it was about a quid in a recent sale... Alas I missed out!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@RogerRoger @The_Moose Nice, well done on those shiny shiny things. Both of those sound like very enjoyable games.

Edited on by render

render

RogerRoger

@sorteddan @render Thanks, folks! Hope your own trophy-collecting efforts are going smoothly!

Making It So Since 1987

oliverp

@RogerRoger Yeah a warm congrats to the La Noire platinum. An awesome achievement which very much inspire.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

RogerRoger

@oliverp Thank you, very kind of you to say! Really hope you enjoy the game when you get around to it, because it really does feel like something special in parts. One to look forward to!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I need some advice from a superior officer, sir. I'm right in remembering that you've earned the platinum trophies for MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4, yeah?

If so, which was the easiest? I'm asking because, given my love for the series, I feel like I should make the effort to have at least one Metal Gear platinum in my digital cabinet, but I'm also acutely aware that my gaming skills are getting worse, not better (case in point, I'm replaying MGS2 on Normal for pleasure and, despite knowing the game and its tactics inside and out, Fatman just killed me).

Part of me wants it to be MGR: Revengeance but its gameplay is so skill-based, I fear it'll be impossible for me to ace. At least the "classic" Metal Gear games are clunky enough to be taken comparatively slowly, and I can just chip away until my bloody-mindedness pays off.

Anyway, apologies for the rambling context. Any insight you could provide would be appreciated, even if it results in me giving up the idea altogether. Thanks in advance!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger … and MGSV… and MGS: Peace Walker… but i digress 🤣 yes mate, I got them all last year as it goes. So MGS3 is far and away the easiest one. There’s no difficulty specific trophies (so you could do it all on the easiest difficulty if you wanted) and you can get the plat during one play through.

As for the other two that you mentioned, while most people say that MGS4 is the hardest (due to the Big Boss run… which is crazy frankly) I actually found MGS2 the more difficult and arduous. After 5 playthroughs on every difficulty, in which you can’t really kill any one outright as you need to take their dog tags… then there was about 500 VR missions and some of them were unbe-****inglievable buddy. While I would undoubtedly respect you for going for it if you so chose… and champion you too… I wouldn’t advise anyone go for it really. Crazy, crazy platinum. Somehow I got it while changing job and moving house too… 🤔 actually, maybe the stress of those made it seem worse than it actually was.

edit. Thinking about it I actually got them in 2021. How time flies 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore ...well, looks like I'm asking the right chap, then!

[insert "you're pretty good" joke here]

In all seriousness, I thought your epic efforts were more recent than 2021, too, and briefly started to go back through the topic, but when I didn't find it sooner I thought I'd double-check! I do vividly recall some of the specifics, like you discussing the difficulty of the MGS2 VR Missions!

Thanks again for your insights. I didn't ask about MGSV and Peace Walker because for reasons various, they're not the Metal Gear games I'd wanna plat. I love MGSV and am excited to replay Peace Walker soon, but I don't have that same life-long connection to 'em. It's also why I'm a little disappointed to see that MGS3 is the easiest platinum to obtain; it's my least-favourite of the numbered mainline series (and that's not a criticism of it, but rather an indication of how strongly I feel for the others).

So basically, it looks like my three favourite Metal Gear games (MGS2, MGS4 and Revengeance) have the hardest plats. Well, that's just flippin' typical, ain't it...?!

Again, I really appreciate the reply (and, as always, remain in awe of your legendary skills; these would've been impressive enough without the context of your job change and house move)! If I do decide to be brave and make an attempt, I'll keep you posted, and ask you to point me in the direction of any helpful guides, if you used 'em. Which you probably didn't. You madman.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is apparently the hardest of the lot lol. I do intend to try for it one day but kinda felt a little Metal Gear’d out by the time I’d finished MGS4.

… and I definitely used a couple of guides for the real tricky sections (some of the MGS2 VR missions and MGS4’s Big Boss run in particular)… and I’ll be happy to point you in their direction should you need them, just let me know.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Yep, it's notoriously tough. It's so far removed from the gameplay found in any other Metal Gear game, though, so at least it'll feel fresh. I wish you the very best of luck!

And will absolutely keep that offer in mind, thank you! I often end up discouraged whenever I go looking for guides, because more often than not I find that the top search results are pro-gamers showing off their (admittedly incredible) skills. I just sit there with my jaw on the floor for five minutes before going, "Nope, no way I can do that!" and giving up before I've even started. D'oh!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic