Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 5,748

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @johncalmc and @MaulTsir for those latest platinums! Nicely done, folks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@johncalmc My mate used to play mahjong quite a bit, and he joined a team at university. They ended up flying to Copenhagen, of all places, to compete in a mahjong tournament.

I reckon you could take them.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 I’m trying to imagine in my head a mahjong tournament in Copenhagen. The first image that comes to mind looks like that scene from Crazy Rich Asians with people sitting around tables with tiles except that the tables are arranged outside by a lake with a statue of a mermaid and a Norse axe throwing contest taking place on the side. The other image in my mind is an empty venue with about 5 people there, all over the age of 80.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

@Th3solution From what I've heard the truth lies somewhere in between. They had some problems getting to the venue due to all the football (soccer) fans milling about. Apparently there was a big match on and there were fans all over town.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 I’d love to see a tussle break out between a gang of soccer fans and a gang of mahjong players.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Lavalera

@MaulTsir Congrats on the Guardians plat. Such a great game. Really hope they will make another one in the future.

PSNid: Lavalera

RogerRoger

#71: Syphon Filter 2 (PS5)

An incredibly straightforward trophy list this time around; you earn the platinum for simply beating the single player campaign, and with no difficulty settings to choose from, there's little to worry about. No bronze, just silver and gold, awarded at the end of every mission.

Kinda makes sense, though, as I think folks would've complained if there had been trophies associated with the game's splitscreen multiplayer mode, and all the single player secrets unlock things for multiplayer, so sticking trophies on 'em might've been seen as problematic by some. I dunno, though. There are plenty of amazing moments in the campaign that could've made for really cool trophy descriptions, so I reckon I'd have been a bit more imaginative with the list, and scattered 'em about a bit.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. Got a healthy handful of high-value trophies simply for sitting back and enjoying one of my all-time favourite games all over again, so hurrah!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger damn… you’re on the ball with that one mate. It only came out this week didn’t it? 😂 fair play to ya and congrats 👍

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Three days ago. And I didn't even start it 'til yesterday.

Which sounds real impressive until you realise that A: it's been one of my favourite games for over twenty years, and B: my last full playthrough of it was nine months ago. So yeah, whilst I'm grateful for the reply, let's not exaggerate what was, and is, a very quick and easy platinum!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger hey, it’s probably still many, many levels above a Stroke the Dog or Jumping Taco plat, so more than worthy of congrats in my book 😉

**** DLC!

Lavalera

@RogerRoger congrats on your new shiny. The only thing I know about it, that's it an old game hehe.

I myself just got #11 Spiderman Miles Morales, which was on the short side but I generally liked it better than the other Spiderman game, thsi one had no stealth sections and the challenges were doable. One of the easiest trophies I got until now but highly enjoyable and now to look what to play for #12hehe

PSNid: Lavalera

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Hmm. Maybe a level or two, I grant you.

@Lavalera Thank you, and right back at'cha! Although I'm a little more familiar with Miles Morales than you are with Syphon Filter, it would seem! Welcome to the Spidey platinum club!

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

#32 - Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. A decent enough game with a brilliant second half, but a fairly rubbish first few levels and the most godawful free roam in a single Lego game thanks to dreadful camera controls. It’s worse than Lego Indy 2’s free roam. But it’s still an alright game and the sheer variety of characters is really cool. Other than the sycophantic Kevin Smith self-insertion. I like his movies but I’m not sure he needs to be in several hours worth of content in a Lego game.

@RogerRoger Wow, really not messing about there with that Syphon Filter 2 plat. That was fast!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

nessisonett wrote:

@RogerRoger Wow, really not messing about there with that Syphon Filter 2 plat. That was fast!

Says the chap who eats 30-hour LEGO plats for breakfast...!!

In all seriousness, thanks, and excellent work on LEGO Batman 3 there, too! Agreed that the free roam element really lets the game down; as ambitious as doing all the Lantern Worlds was, the weird mini-planet design approach made them an unnecessary headache.

Mostly, I remember it as the one with Adam West in. His voice work is brilliant, as always. "Of all the heroes who've rescued me today, you're certainly one of them!"

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Haha, Adam West really was the best thing about it! The fanservice with regards to the 60s Batman show was top notch across the board. Makes me want to watch Return of the Caped Crusaders again.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@MaulTsir @render Thanks, folks!

@nessisonett Best thing is that the "Kapow!" combat effect red brick is also included in LEGO DC Super Villains as well, if memory serves. I may have kept it on by default.

I trust you've seen the sequel to Return of the Caped Crusaders, with Shatner's Two-Face?

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic