Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,081 to 4,100 of 5,755

RogerRoger

@CJD87 There's nothing "menial" about your sixth platinum, nor the company it keeps on your profile! Very impressive work, congratulations! Sounds like you enjoyed the experience!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@CJD87 Nice one. And like @sorteddan said, your 6 are all pretty impressive. Although I don’t have any “My Name is Mayo” or “Stroke the Dog” types of plats, I do have a handful of Telltale games and shorter indies amongst my 37. I think my rarest might be Dirt 5, which for some reason is 1.2%, which is falsely rarified based on a boatload of people playing it for free and never really spending any time with it. Same goes with a 3.3% rarity for Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture and some other PS+ games that just have a high player count that try the game for 15 minutes and never play it again. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 I’ve said it before about your list and will undoubtedly say it again… it is a fine list of platinums and each of them are to be proud of. All killer, no filler!

Glad to hear someone speak on Thymesia, I’m really looking forward to getting my teeth into that one and good to know that it’s combat is its strength going in. Much congrats on popping its platinum.

Red Dead 2 didn’t quite take 1000 hours… but its plat certainly takes some commitment. Worth every hour though in all honesty… I’ve been gaming 40 years now and it was a rare 10/10 experience. If you’re ever looking for something a bit different to the melee-heavy souls-likes that we both enjoy so much, I couldn’t recommend it high enough.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CJD87

@RogerRoger Thanks mate and yes it definitely scratched the Sekiro-itch… almost makes me want to revisit (unlikely though, still having nightmares about the 2 weeks it took to take down the final boss ha)

@Th3solution Yeh there is definitely something to be said for attaining ‘shorter’ platinums, especially as games seem to be getting longer and longer these days! 37 is good going….

@colonelkilgore knowing your tastes, I’d highly recommend you keep your eyes peeled for Thymesia on sale - it would be well worth the admission price at 50% off, an absolute steal (although please don’t prioritise this above playing Returnal lol!)

And wow that is high praise for RDR2. I can imagine you truly have to love the experience of such a game to be spurred on to smash a platinum with such lengthy and intricate requirements - well done indeed

Having a break from trophy chasing for a couple of weeks, want to throw myself into the new Monkey Island on Switch… ready for a change of pace!

Cheers again guys, solid community 👍😉

CJD87

nessisonett

@CJD87 Yeah, those platinums alone are a million times more impressive than my many Lego ones 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

CJD87

@nessisonett Kind words indeed mate, but those Lego requirements seem brutal.... not to mention the collectable grind. Skywalker Saga @ 2% Plat...vs Returnal @ 2.2% (!!!)

How was Blasphemous btw? I have it on Switch, not dabbled but its in backlog

CJD87

nessisonett

@CJD87 Blasphemous is one of the best Metroidvanias I’ve played in a long time. It nails the feeling of exploration and is filled with secrets while having an actually intriguing plot. I’m close enough to the platinum that I’m contemplating going for NG+ to mop up the rest of the trophies and make different choices in side quests.

Lavalera

@CJD87 that's one impressive trophy list, one that is far out of my reach (except ghost which i have). Congrats on a new shiny!
@johncalmc congrats on the kiwami plat, 156 hours is some real dedication, but in Yakuza/Like a dragon games that many hours never feel like a chore.

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

nessisonett

@johncalmc That’s impressive in that you didn’t end up self-immolating because of mahjong. I would not have the patience to basically learn how to win mahjong, it still makes zero sense.

Lavalera

@johncalmc Ah check, i didn't check the requirements of the Yakuza plats (i don't have a single one, since i didn't play any of them on my ps5). I'm so used to spending hours on minigames which i like that i sometimes forget games like Mahjong and Shogi might be needed for a plat, which I generally skip since those aren't my type of games.

PSNid: Lavalera

johncalmc

@nessisonett At no point in my life did I ever think I'd know how to play Mahjong but you can't get the Platinum without it. It's actually quite fun once you know how to play it but the version in Yakuza Kiwami is rubbish because the AI totally cheats. It's good in some of the other ones though. Zero has good Mahjong I think.

johncalmc

Twitter:

render

Congrats on those latest platinums everybody!!

@CJD87 Thymesia sounds like a game I really need to get around to playing at some point. I've heard some good comments about it since release and it certainly sounds like it plays well, which is the main point of any game.

@johncalmc That is a brutal amount of Mahjong but it's possibly not the worse game-in-game to have to play for a trophy.

render

CJD87

@render Thanks man... I think you would like it! Definitely worth adding to wish list, as I think in 1-2 months a sale is inevitable

CJD87

sorteddan

@johncalmc 156 hours dedication to go for completion is an impressive feat. 15 hours of mahjong just made me laugh though - don't think I could ever manage that! Good stuff.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

MaulTsir

@CJD87 a list of great plats there mate. After getting into Soul's games recently my self Thymesia does look good! I'll definitely add it to the back log!

Plat no.16 Guardians Of The Galaxy (PS5)

Loved the game when I first played it but left a few trophies, after about 6 to 7 hours got the remaining trophies!

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

Congrats both @johncalmc @MaulTsir

@johncalmc any tips for the car chase on legendary? My last trophy is to complete Yakuza Kiwami on legendary. I gave it a few tries and just got so frustrated with having to re-play the whole level prior to the car chase that I moved on to something else. Still have it installed though… and have always planned on giving it another go at some point.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

johncalmc

@colonelkilgore It really sucks, as you know. I don't know if I have any real tips or anything, beyond just staying calm and not just shooting too much. I did that at first trying to shoot fast but you need to shoot calm because it's really just about shooting the guys with orange or red circles until they go back to green to reduce the threat.

If you do it over and over - which really sucks because you have to do the fight with the Chinese guys first - you'll just get better at remembering where the baddies come from. So really you need to just keep at it, keep getting better.

By far the worst bit - and the bit where you need to stay calmest - is at the end. The ones stood on top of the truck seem overwhelming but it's the same deal. Shoot the circles by colour. Don't get greedy. Running out of ammo at the wrong time will kill you so keep reloading at the right moments. And don't forget that you can hold X to hide in the car and avoid taking damage so if you do run out of ammo and your car has more health than you and you can't avoid getting hit just hold X so the car takes the hit.

Unfortunately, beyond that, it's just doing it over and over again. It sucks.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic