Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 5,748

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore Not just me then. When I checked recently, I think I got about a dozen from playing the game normally. It's a real shame you have to get all the tasks in one go unlike GTA V which lets you get them accumulatively from multiple playthroughs. Maybe I will drop back into it from time to time and try and knock a few out. I really don't some of the timed ones though as it seems you would have to skip all the cut scenes and sprint everywhere. It's almost like they made a check list of all the ways to play the game going against the whole design philosophy of the project.
Oh yeah and well done on doing it in about half the time I put into the game 😄

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

colonelkilgore

@BearsEatBeets cheers dude… and just by way of a friendly nudge, cut-scenes are not only not included in the gold time expectation but you can also skip them anyway 👊

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Blimey, straight down to business on another epic Rockstar game's list...?! You sure know how to pick 'em! Best of luck with it, and here's hoping it lasts you a little longer this time, to better fill the time between now and November!

Jimmer-jammer wrote:

Just poppin’ by to give props proper to the papa plat-popper.

In a moment of sheer lunacy earlier this evening, I shoved a handful of trail mix in my mouth and then tried to quickly read your post out loud. The results were, um... projectile.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

RogerRoger wrote:

Jimmer-jammer wrote:

Just *p*oppin’ by to give *p*rops *p*roper to the *p*apa *p*lat-*p*opper.

… The results were, um... *p*rojectile.

*P*erfection 😁

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore Good to know. If you're having a crack at GTA V next, I could potentially be available to help crank out online trophies if the need ever arises. Pretty sure it's still installed on my PS4.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore You're certainly organised 😄. Maybe I'll download the PS5 version and transfer my save to see what it's like on that.
Are you returning to that (GTA V) or starting from scratch?

BearsEatBeets

colonelkilgore

@BearsEatBeets so I’m gonna plat the PS4 version as I’ve already got the entry on my trophy list. ‘It’s’ gotten to that point where if it’s on the list, then I’d rather complete the lesser version than start and complete the optimal experience (& leave something un-plat’d on my profile… ewe !😅). Yes… I have a problem okay… I thought that much was obvious 🤭

**** DLC!

WCB

@colonelkilgore when talking rarity I go by the psnprofiles standard, more inline with how rare the trinkets are among trophy hunters. RDR2 is a 2.32% ultra rare plat, definitely not something to sneeze at.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

colonelkilgore

@WCB I’m not on PSN profiles but get that the trophies will always be less-rare/more-common amongst a group who purposefully pursue platinums. In this age of inclusion and diversity though, I’ll stick to the rarity of everyone who has played the game… as I don’t wanna be accused of leaving anyone out 😉

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

@colonelkilgore Wow... This is a real achievement. Huge congrats ! Definitely contrasting with my last one...

#339 Virginia - Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be nice with this one. Everything in this game felt lazy, the story where nothing happens, the lack of dialogue, the simplistic character design, the inexistent gameplay... Everything could have been so much more, but it's just not enough. Oh, and the last part of the game doesn't make any sense. The worst game I've played for a long time. It's a 2-hour plat but is it worth it ? I'm not even sure.

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

WCB

@colonelkilgore I'm surprised you haven't signed up, there's a lot of statistics related to your trophies I'd think you'd dig.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

colonelkilgore

@WCB yeah I do plan on joining tbh. I’m trying to get my overall completion percentage to 70% before I do so though… I’m not far off, think I’m at about 68% atm.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Cornaboyzzz Oof, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Virginia, and well done for persevering and earning its platinum so that you never have to go back and play it again!

I really enjoyed the game for what it was but hey, not everything has to be for everyone, right?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

CJD87

Platinum Trophy #6 - 'Thymesia'

A bit of an unexpected entry here... managed to pick up a physical copy for a good deal, and thought I'd take a brief break from Bloodborne to give Thymesia a whirl. 30hrs later and that's a platinum scooped

For any Souls fans here, and especially those who rank Sekiro as their #1 FromSoft title, I'd definitely recommend Thymesia - or at the very least I'd advise you add it to your wishlists and wait for a sale.

Level design and enemy repetition are very weak, but the combat system is remarkably tight + some of the boss battles are really engaging. This would also be a nice Plat-hunt for those that are wanting to avoid a 1000hr RDR2 marathon

I'm always aware that I'm in the presence of greatness within this thread, but nonetheless I feel compelled to bring my menial #6 'to the table'!

On a serious note, well done to all on recent achievements - especially @colonelkilgore on Red Dead. I checked the stats and requirements on PSN profiles.... looks like more of a lifestyle than a hobby!!

Full list below:
#1 Returnal (+all DLC trophies)
#2 Demon's Souls
#3 Ghost of Tsushima (+Iki Island DLC trophies)
#4 Elden Ring
#5 Nioh 1 (base game only, no DLC)
#6 Thymesia

CJD87

CJD87

On a separate note, just seen that currently the % completion for Elden Ring's platinum (11.4%) is slightly higher than Ghost (10.9%)! Really encouraging for FromSoftware, and testament to how 'right' they got the trophy requirements IMO.... especially considering how obtuse Demon's Souls plat is!

CJD87

sorteddan

@CJD87
looks like you go for a quality over quantity approach to your platinum collecting based on your achievements so far. Thems some impressive trinkets you got there!
Well done with your latest.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CJD87

@sorteddan Thanks man! And well done on your recent list of extensives...

CJD87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic