Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 5,755

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore Thanks m8. That challenge is what generally keeps me away from Fromsoft games, i easily get frustrated by challenge and don't really like to do the same thing over and over again for multiple times. it's already a miracle i tried the Queen for about 4 hours before i decided to put it on hold for a while.

@RogerRoger thanks m8!

PSNid: Lavalera

RogerRoger

@ScarletSpidey ...and another! Great work on Stray there; I often find that I have to really love a game in order to speed-run it. Hope you're able to figure out what you wanna play next!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Lavalera

@ScarletSpidey congrats on the stray plat. I hope you'll find an amazing game to play next. For me Miles Morales is next first time playing it now

CJD87

@MaulTsir A huge congrats your DeS platinum mate!

I agree with you 100% - it is by far the most obtuse/convoluted platinum I have in my collection also, and I honestly don't know how anyone would accomplish this without using a guide!

In stark contrast, I think FromSoftware did a great job in making the trophy requirements for Elden Ring far more accessible and realistic.

The boss battles are a strange one for sure, and wildly inconsistent IMO. Some of the earlier bosses (armored spider especially for me...) had me stuck for hours, whilst some of the later bosses could be cheesed/obliterated with barely trying.

I did enjoy the difficulty spike in NG+ though, and you certainly can't steamroll through it... Quite refreshing to go into NG+ and NOT feel completely OP lol.

Well done again and glad you enjoyed it. Whilst the game is absolutely gorgeous to look at, I'd probably rank it my lowest from all FS's library. Bloodborne is much much better IMO, and you still have Elden Ring to look forward to. Do you plan to play ER?

CJD87

colonelkilgore

Platinum #99 - Red Dead Redemption II - after a ‘slow’ start (like 4 years ago) and ditching it in Chapter 2 as I was literally falling asleep at the reins… I gave this another shot. Once I picked it back up, it just kept getting better and better… and I ended up loving my time with the game.

Big thanks to the High Plains Boosters - @ThereThere, @render, @WCB, @BearsEatsBeets, @JudgeDredd etc. (genuine apologies if I’ve missed anyone) who all posse’d up to get those pesky online trophies out’ve the way.

Might not have the difficulty of some platinum trophies out there but the sheer amount of content places this amongst the upper echelon of my most satisfying plat-pops for sure.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Whoop whoop, congrats man. That's a big trophy list to fulfil and fair play to you for getting those 70 golds. I think I've knocked off a few trophies since we last talked but have still a good chunk to do. Happy to spend time in this quality game though. Thanks to you for also helping out with those online trophies 👍

@ScarletSpidey Nice work on that Stray plat as well!

render

MaulTsir

@colonelkilgore huge congrats mate, I've seen you plodding away at this one for some time so I imagine it's a huge relief and front of accomplishment to finally get it done. I loved my time with the game but it takes some serious commitment to get the plat! 👏

@CJD87 Thanks man! It was a crazy plat, I'm proud of this one! So many things you had to do and the right way as well it just seems almost impossible with out a guide, or at least with out 100+ blind playthroughs to figure out what the hella going on lol.

If NG+ was how the game started people would definitely take this game more serious and I think it would also have people putting it higher up on there rankings, I definitely did not feel OP in NG+ although my DragonBone Smasher helped alot lol.

I do have Elden Ring and it was my plan to play it as my next From Software game but now having finished DeS I feel like I should give the other Soul's game a go before I do start ER.

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore What an effort, but I'd expect nothing less! Excellent work, and yes, kudos to all who rallied around to assist online, as well. Here's hoping their own platinums pop soon!

You've been working on this one a while, too. Got something short and sweet lined up next?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@render @MaulTsir @RogerRoger cheers guys, this one’s gonna stick with me. I don’t think that I’ve ever put so many hours in to a game in such a ‘short’ amount of time. In fact once I’ve finished installing my next game (on PS4), I’ll be interested to log on to the PS5 to check how many hours it took altogether (although I’m aware the level of accuracy involved with the ‘hours played’ facility is questionable at best).

@RogerRoger so although that would normally be the case after a marathon plat, not this time. #100 won’t even be released until 9th Nov so I’m just gonna start chipping away at an equally mammoth trophy list in GTAV. I hadn’t actually figured that I would’ve gotten RDR2 squared away so quickly in all honesty… I kinda figured that it would’ve gotten me to November when I initially reinstalled it.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@nessisonett LEGO platinum superstar. Seems you have certainly found your niche.

@Fight_Teza_Fight Oh I very much hate glitchy trophies!! Well done for overcoming it and welcome back to the plat club - it's been a while.

@jdv95 Any Platinum on a Yakuza game is always an achievement so well done for getting that one done and your dedication in doing so.

@Cornaboyzzz - nice one on your latest and your numbers make mere mortals like me feel kinda inadequate. Good job.

@Splat Its always a bonus when you can get it done on something you really enjoy as well.

@MaulTsir Guessing you got gud. Or gud enough to get everything done at least. Congratulations - those soulsbornes take a fair level of dedication and talent.

@Lavalera Gz. You do right, there's no point punishing yourself doing things you're not enjoying. Glad you landed on something you liked.

@ScarletSpidey That's about 10mins quicker than I managed on the Stray speedrun if I recall correctly. Another nice one to have on the list.

@colonelkilgore Your commitment and dedication to these shiny trinkets is a lesson to us all. Excellent effort for your latest, it really is a masterful experience - it just runs at its own pace and I think that can
throw some people off. And don't bother checking the time. Trust me that it was 47 hours.

Wow, that was a lot of it people! Very happy to see the thread so active and really hope I didn't miss anyone. Keep up the happy hunting platinum peeps.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan appreciated bud. So just checked my hours played and on this occasion it actually ‘feels’ fairly accurate 279 hours.

**** DLC!

WCB

@colonelkilgore big congrats on that RDR2 plat, that's a huge undertaking to do everything and the rarity reflects that 👏

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore Congrats on the RDR 2 platinum. That seems to be a lot of work, but as i can tell it was worth every hour.

colonelkilgore

@Lavalera 👍 yeah I literally enjoyed it more and more the longer I was playing it. Hopefully it’ll be the same for you when you decide to dip back in.

@WCB cheers buddy, yeah it’s the first and only 0.1% Ultra Rare I have… have a fair few 0.2%’s but 0.1% is rarefied air for sure.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Just poppin’ by to give props proper to the papa plat-popper.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore Blimey you knocked that RDR2 Platinum out quickly! Congrats by the way. Maybe I should put aside my reticence to play the game the way you need to get the golds as it's all that stands in the way of me getting it. Did you have to replay many missions to get the required number of golds?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

colonelkilgore

BearsEatBeets wrote:

Did you have to replay many missions to get the required number of golds?

Only around 70 lol… but seriously, yeah mate I got very few golds as I played through the game… maybe 5… 10 at the most. It was actually quite enjoyable going back and getting the golds though… if a little frustrating at first (those gold requirements seem awfully exacting until you acclimate). It’s worth doing for sure.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic