Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 5,748

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore @ThereThere thanks guys. As nr 10 I'll probably do Stray. That game seems oddly relaxing somehow and from what I've seen the trophy isn't that super hard to get. And maybe if I play a cat I can better understand how our cats mind works lol

PSNid: Lavalera

render

@WCB Nice one on the 100. I got to 80% on Dessi Allstars but struggled with that last 20%. Haven’t had a game for a long while now.

@Cornaboyzzz Good work and impressive number.

@Lavalera Good work on the double.

render

WCB

@Lavalera congrats on the two plats! I've got Doki Doki on the Switch but thinking of getting it for the trophies, it would be a nice one to have. And I'm definitely getting around to Concrete Genie sooner or later.

And it's been a Minit since I last congratulated @Cornaboyzzz for a platinum. Well done on earning another one!

@render thanks mate. I can add you to the group I'm with if you want to finish it off.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

RogerRoger

Thanks to all who passed along previous platinum congratulations!

@Cornaboyzzz Excellent work on the Hitman III platinum! That's one I hope to snag for myself one day, once they've finished releasing all of its content. Did you also earn all the separate trophies for the previous two games' legacy content, or were you just focused on the new list? Also, further congratulations for following up with Minit and hitting three threes! Impressive total!

@WCB What a milestone! Congratulations on your platinum centenary!

@Lavalera Double bravo on your new pair of platinums! I fell short of the Concrete Genie one, but can totally understand how pleasant it'd be to stick around and earn. Lovely game!

#69: Star Wars: Republic Commando

Swore blind I'd never platinum this game, as it's one of the toughest shooters I've ever played, and the trophy list demands you complete it on its hardest difficulty, but I wanted to vent some frustration and figured I could at least give it a shot, telling myself that I'd be happy to walk away if I hit a roadblock. There were a couple of moments where I was in danger of a good ol' ragequit, most notably a bridge battle sequence which took me an hour of repeated restarts to clear, but my love of all things Star Wars (and this game's premise in particular) carried me through to eventual victory.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

I can't imagine @RogerRoger in a rage, always seemed so calm and composed to me. #RogerRager
Nice one though. Always good to overcome challenges that stretch your capabilities. Whenever I get to the multiple retries part of a game I start swearing at the start of around the fifth attempt and my swearing becomes more convoluted and elaborate each subsequent time. So by the 20th or so it's like a full on tourettes fuelled tirade. Happy days.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Lavalera

@RogerRoger thanks m8. And gz on the new shiny. Good that you persevered and went to get it in the end. I usually give up on a trophy if it has a difficulty trophy. I can understand your love for Star Wars pulled you through it. Well done

PSNid: Lavalera

RogerRoger

@ThereThere Many thanks! Did feel good when the trophy popped, that's for sure!

@sorteddan Oh, I have my moments, trust me (just like I'm sure everybody does). It's part of the reason why I don't tend to play difficult games. I think I've mentioned this on the forums before but, in my worst moment of sheer, uncontrollable rage, I once crushed a DualShock3 in my hands. Took it as a sign, and have tried to keep things more "RogerRoger" and less "RogerRager" ever since!

And I know what you mean about the, er... let's call it, "creative use of the English language" you're describing there! It's never nice to be saying such things about childhood favourites, though, which is why I'm often nervous about playing difficult Star Wars games.

Well, at any rate, it's done now (and I'm sure that Wookiee's been called worse)! Cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Lavalera Thank you! Definitely helps to be invested in a game's premise, story or characters whenever the gameplay gets a little taxing. Hopefully you'll find Stray pretty chill but, as you say, the insight it might give you into the behavioural patterns of cats should pull you through regardless! Best of luck!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger congrats buddy… just wondering if there may have been ‘something’ available on the store that may have been a little more appropriate for #69? 😉… I’ll grab my coat 🤭

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Yeah, as I mentioned before, this platinum might've been Duke Nukem had I simply proceeded with my current backlog. No way I was gonna let that happen!

Am currently working on something special for the big seven-oh, but will have to take a break over the next couple of days, as I'm in the heatwave's Red Alert areas and apparently you're not supposed to play your PlayStations if the ambient temperature exceeds thirty-five!

Making It So Since 1987

render

@WCB Thanks for the offer re Dessi Allstars, I might take you up on that. I’m currently juggling a couple of things so don’t know if I’ll get around to it soon but maybe in the next month or two.

@RogerRoger Nice work on the “69 dude”. I can’t even remember what films that’s from now, probably something like Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. Either way I’m sorry for even bringing it up now 😂

Edited on by render

render

ApostateMage

Just got the platinum for Ghost Of Tsushima. It's a pretty straightforward and easy plat to be fair.
Pack your things, Jin, we're off to Iki Island.

ApostateMage

colonelkilgore

@ApostateMage awesome game and congrats. I haven’t actually played the Iki Island stuff but intend to play it when I playthrough the PS5 DC version. Enjoy!

**** DLC!

CJD87

@ApostateMage Nice 1! GoT was an absolute pleasure to platinum, and you'll have a blast with Iki Island

Iki is a tremendous expansion, some nice horror vibes as well... similar campy style to RE Village almost!

CJD87

RogerRoger

@render Definitely something like Bill & Ted, yeah! My thanks!

@ApostateMage Nice work, and enjoy Iki Island!

Making It So Since 1987

WCB

@RogerRoger congrats! always feels good going beyond what you thought you capable of.

@render no worries. They usually only get together on weekends if there's enough players for the character trophies. Wins can be boosted with only 2 people.

@ApostateMage congrats on GoT, I absolutely loved that game.

Edited on by WCB

sorteddan

@ApostateMage
Oh that's a good one. Currently playing through it myself, done over 10 hours but still on the first island! I do tend to get distracted trying to find/complete everything on the map so slow progress so far but mostly enjoying it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@ApostateMage Congrats, an excellent platinum to get. You've still got Iki to look forward to which is a great expansion. I'm envious.

@WCB Just two people!! That makes it even better

render

WCB

@render yeah, if someone has an alt account that's level 1 they can invite the player that needs wins to join a match which will be full of only bots. Easy to rack up wins against bots.

ApostateMage

@colonelkilgore @RogerRoger @WCB @ThereThere @render Cheers gang. 👍
I can't believe that I slept on this game for so long. It's definitely up there with Zero Dawn as my fave PS exclusive.

@CJD87 Yeah, I really liked the dark vibe through the Iki Island expansion. I absolutely loved Jin remembering the past with his Father, choosing not to avenge him and forgive himself for his cowardice. Excellent stuff.

@sorteddan That's exactly the way I played it, just exploring everywhere and demisting the map. By the time I finished the story, I only had 5 trophies to sweep up.

Enjoy.

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic