Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 5,748

sorteddan

@WadeIsInsane
Well done. It's a good feeling to go back to sort out unfinished trophy business.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Cornaboyzzz

@WadeIsInsane Congrats on the plat ! My Tekken 6 platinum goes way back (10-12 years I think) but reading about the Nightmare Train brings back memories.

#331 F1 2021 - The usual, not the longest nor the hardest of the series, it sits between F1 2019 and F1 2020 in terms of time/difficulty. A word on the useless "50 hours of track time" trophy, not really aligned with the rest of the list. I had to leave the game on for a couple nights to get it. Useless.

Cornaboyzzz

sorteddan

@Cornaboyzzz
Again Congratulations on your latest and mighty impressive number reached!
Also join you in the hate for such trophies, especially when you can get everything else done in half the time - just a waste of electricity. I know they're designed to keep people playing but as we know the workarounds just make them seem pointless and annoying.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Jimmer-jammer

@WadeIsInsane Thanks! And congrats on your new plat! I’ve actually never played a Tekken before. Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat have always been my go-to fighting franchises. Of course I’ve dabbled in many others but Tekken and Dead or Alive are two I’ve never played. Here’s to the next one!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @Jimmer-jammer @WadeIsInsane and @Cornaboyzzz on a trio of impressive plats!

@colonelkilgore Don't push yourself too hard, buddy. The recovery period is often the longest, most important part of the process. I know it can be frustrating to have to surrender to it, but take the time now and you'll end up being back at full strength faster.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger good advice, cheers Rog. It’s a weird one as once the major symptoms clear up you just assume that you’re basically better (or thereabouts)… but the moment your pushed/challenged you’re hit like a ton of bricks.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Yeah, that seems to be a common story. I hope it's not too frustrating, waiting for your strength to return, but I'm glad you're not still struggling with the nastier symptoms, at least.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Cornaboyzzz

Thanks everyone !

@ThereThere I'm currently finishing Final Fantasy IX but I gave up on the platinum a while ago. Who had the idea of putting a trophy like the 1000 jumps at the jump rope ??? It doesn't make any sense to me. And if it wasn't enough, there is another one where you need to kill 10 000 enemies. I'm not even sure you would kill more than 1000 enemies in an average playthrough. It doesn't add anything to the game, it's just a waste of time, and I hate that.

I'm pretty upset with this one because Final Fantasy IX is my favorite game of all time, and this platinum would've meant a lot to me, but I'm just enjoying the game and that's what counts. So the next one should be Hitman 3, I'm halfway through the game right now.

Cornaboyzzz

InsaneWade

Thanks everyone. Congrats @Cornaboyzzz on your new platinum and best of luck with Hitman 3. I feel you right there though with the FFIX platinum. It made me have no regrets with using the cheap route of getting those two trophies. Think it took 16 hours of the grind for 10,000 enemies, made FFVIII's 1,000 kills trophy a cakewalk.

@Jimmer-jammer Soul Calibur's dope. It's too bad IV wasn't given any trophies since V & VI were a fun ride. Well, VI more so than V lol (all those quick battles).

InsaneWade

Cornaboyzzz

@ThereThere I mean, you could farm the 10 000 enemies little by little, yep, but the jump rope minigame is absurdly hard. You need to jump 1000 consecutive times without missing a single jump, and the timing changes regularly. No thanks !

The Hitman trilogy is absolutely incredible, you should definitely try it !

Cornaboyzzz

sorteddan

and just popped number 126 with Shadow Warrior 3.
Short enough to not start to grind. Fun enough FPS with lots owing to Doom reboots. Had to go back to a few levels for upgrade collectibles but still done in around 9 hours.

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan congrats boss, I got this in the backlog for a rainy day (a rainy day when I’m fancying some FPS action 😉)… so it’s good to know that it fairly painless. Well done dude

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

@ThereThere It's a bit higher than it should, because some people were using some kind of script with remote play to get this. But I'm not going there.

Cornaboyzzz

Lavalera

@sorteddan gz on the new shiny sounds like a short but fun experience

PSNid: Lavalera

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore @ThereThere @render @Lavalera
Thanks guys.

Also snuck in #127 last night with: Flatland Prologue (PS4) but no congratulations necessary for this one, picked it up for around 30p in recent sale, took just under an hour for all trophies. Meh.

RogerRoger

@sorteddan Well, you can have full congrats for joining the Shadow Warrior 3 platinum club, and then a half-congrats for that Flatland Prologue plat, then!

As far as I'm concerned, a plat's a plat, and I'm sure your profile looks all the healthier regardless!

@Cornaboyzzz Best of luck with Hitman III. It's one heck of a game with an extensive, but largely enjoyable, trophy list to match (if you wanna get all the legacy pack lists, of course). As for those unnecessary grind trophies you mentioned, I feel you. Have been playing Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker these past few days, and its trophy list is way too demanding, betraying how the whole game is just designed to keep you trapped in its eco-system forever, so that you'll be tempted to buy some DLC. I mean, there's a silver trophy for playing 1,000 online battles! Are you freakin' kidding me?!

My profile says I've played it for thirty-three hours, in which time I've done all the single player missions and completed over a hundred online battles, with a set number of wins in each mode. I feel like I've played it enough, and had a lot of fun with it, so why am I stuck at 60% trophies?

It's a shame whenever you're pulled up short by a trophy list, but at least you've got the right attitude with regards your Final Fantasy IX playthrough. Enjoying the game is what counts.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic