Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 5,755

RogerRoger

@Lavalera I do feel kinda bad for everybody who's just upgraded to the new PS Plus. It's totally a first-world problem, but my anxiety over what to play first would be debilitating!

@WadeIsInsane Congratulations! Knew you'd make it with a little bit of grinding. Shame the stealth sections don't hold up, as I remember liking them (although I also remember using Photo Mode to "cheat" and look around corners to spot the positions of some guards, so it's possible I circumvented any potential frustration by being a cheeky beggar).

Nice milestone, reaching platinum #30 there! Good luck with #31 and here's to #40, too!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

Finally got the Platinum for Ghostwire: Tokyo. I found this to be quite the undertaking. Not difficult per se but it is no doubt a collectathon of the highest order. Took me about 53 hours. For the right player with the right mindset, this may be rather enjoyable.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

Nice one @Jimmer-jammer, sounds like you maybe found it a bit of a chore but congrats on seeing it through. As @ThereThere said, I think it’d probably match my gaming-psyche too… I have a strange penchant for ticking checkboxes 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Yes @Jimmer-jammer ... And first plat of the weekend drops.
Is it just me or has the community become more platinum productive recently?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Lavalera

@Jimmer-jammer gz on the new shiny. I can understand for some people the plat was a bit to grindy. But just like @ThereThere and colonelkilgore I love to collect things and follow the checklist in games. All 4 plats I have are open world checklist games lol. But yeah for me the world was so relaxing that I loved to wander around in it. And as you said it isn't as overly long as some of those big open world games, so it's doable for most people.

@sorteddan it looks like some sort of new virus that is spreading around quickly, the plat virus But yeah for me seeing so many people getting so many platinum so fast also makes me want to get those shinies. And I think for most people it is something like that.

PSNid: Lavalera

sorteddan

@Lavalera
Yeah I'm more than happy to see the increase in activity on here.
...wondering if I can get a few days off work with plat virus (trophy fever?)...maybe I'll tell the boss that muscles have atrophied.

Speaking of ... How you feeling @colonelkilgore ? Did you make a full recovery?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan thought I was feeling better but I went back to work and it was hell… just had no energy and concentration. Glad it’s the weekend I can tell you!

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Oh that's not great. Hopefully it's not long lasting and your back to your best before too long.

Jimmer-jammer

@ThereThere @render @colonelkilgore @sorteddan @Lavalera Thanks! It was quite enjoyable for the most part. I actually learned a lot playing this one. Had I been more intentional in going for the Platinum from the get go, it wouldn’t have been quite such a grind at the end. There are some intricacies with the list that I would strongly recommend using a guide to work through. For example, there is a trophy for transferring 100% of the spirits before finishing the game (which I did) but in the interest of time you actually don’t want to do this at all for various reasons.

There are some rng things that weren’t my favourite (must have took me 50 straight attempts/reloads to draw a daikyo omikuji, which apparently gets drawn at a rate of about 1%). Also, be sure to enter the hyakki yako parade every time you see it!!! I didn’t and was left running around for quite some time trying to spawn it…anyway, don’t mean to ramble but in seeing all the ways I could have improved my run and the sense of accomplishment in achieving it, I’m really starting to see the allure of platinum hunting. 😄

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

Jimmer-jammer wrote:

… I’m really starting to see the allure of platinum hunting. 😄

It (plat hunting) is a strange adjunct to a hobby to fully understand/appreciate until ‘it’ starts to sink its hooks in. I never saw the allure in trophy hunting for years but little by little… and platinum by platinum, I noticeably began to engage and enjoy gaming on another level. It’s not for everyone… but is a great little meta for some.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore yeah, it’s adds a whole other dimension to the hobby. I think I’m starting to get it. With Ghostwire specifically, I could have played and beat it in probably 10 hours but I would have missed the entire point of the game. It’s almost an interactive museum!

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer glad you’re finding some extra reward in it buddy. And I’ll be sure to put your advice in regards to the Ghostwire… plat to good use when I eventually make a start on it 👊

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Lavalera

@Jimmer-jammer I totally get what you mean. Those 3 trophies were also the last 3 I had to do. I didn't even mind that it took me extra time compared to if I did a run with a guide.
The fantastic mythological world with the main theme of "finishing things before letting go" made the whole time of the platinum worth it. As you said if one treats the game as a pure action game one misses so much stuff. I think that was also the main reason it got mixed reviews at release. Everyone I see now who is playing it and really taking their time with the game sees all the details and general theme which comes back in so many things.

For me it was also one of the games which started my trophy hunting. Even though I'm not going super fast I am looking at games if the platinum is obtainable before starting a new game or if it is to difficult for me. I might even go back to some games which I started when I first got my ps5 like ratchet and clank 2016 and horizon zero dawn which I didn't platinum yet but both should he obtainable for me I think.

PSNid: Lavalera

Jimmer-jammer

@Lavalera yeah, the themes all tie nicely into the mechanics. I found the collectible tracking and especially the map to be exceptional as well, which helped a lot. A fascinating game!

InsaneWade

Thank you, @colonelkilgore @render @RogerRoger Oh man, I didn't even think of using photo mode to check out the areas lol. It was quite annoying to redo the entire section even after clearing all but 1 and still getting caught twice. Now in hindsight The Order 1886 was a fun platinum. 🤣

Got my #31 now with Tekken 6. Did a lot of grinding overnight for better items, then today took 10 tries going through the secret stage with Yoshimitsu as boss, and then finally managed to nab it while Alisa was down. Out of desperation spammed my low kicks and just when I was 1 hit away from going down again, bam he was out. Suddenly, Nightmare Train right after (the stage that stopped me a decade ago after countess attempts) became an "easy" win and boom, platinum down. Haven't decided on my #32 yet, I have quite a few games left but well see lol. Going through 10 this year alone was a lot (admittedly 4 of those were the easy 5 minute ones).

Congrats by the way @Jimmer-jammer, I haven't played Ghostwire but that really is an accomplishment! I can attest to that feeling though with the heavy hours you had to put in the game to getting that. Adding to that platinum hunting craze, for me it's a like a lil rush of dopamine once you get into that "hey, I can do this. let's go for it" that feels hella nice after.

InsaneWade

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic